No announcement yet.

The Usyk hype as bad as the Loma hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
    The Loma hype isn’t so. I just that he would beat much bigger fighters, it’s that his fans are calling him an all time great when he’s 11-1. They seem to think amateur career matters much when considering all time great status as a pro.

Loma is an all time great amateur. He’s not even a top 1000 all time great pro though yet. Looks incredibly good, wish he would have turned pro earlier. Let’s see what he does the next 5 years.
    agreed i cant say hes THAT low on the totem pole tho but 12 fights will NEVER get you to that stature to me

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
      Oh man I remember there was a guy with McNulty av who said "I can't see Loma beating Rigo under ANY circumstances" "size doesn't matter" and all that. After the fight he was like "Rigo was too small...Loma doesn't deserve credit". And I'm okay with that weight excuse but maybe it's better to talk that **** after it's all said and done?
      The worse it the excuses after with Walters and Rigo saying he was too small or Walters had a long lay off but they knew that before the fight even started and still picked them. They just hate Loma its as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        You want a source for hype? Look at the damn forum.
        So you don't have a source and just make it up?
        Good to know.

Comment

Don't all Mayweather fans say he loses early rounds to read his opponents.
          Well....

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
            So you don't have a source and just make it up?
            Good to know.
            How is the forum not a source for judging hype? It's the perfect source.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              Don't all Mayweather fans say he loses early rounds to read his opponents.
              Well....
              I don't believe Mayweather has ever been behind on the cards after 7 rounds against a Bellew level fighter.

Comment

What more can Usyk do to earn his hype?

Beat an undefeated champ in his back yard? Check

Unify vs another undefeated champ in his backyard? Check

Unify again vs another 2 belt champion, who’s undefeated, for all the belts... oh yeah, in his backyard as well? Check

Fight and beat other good contenders aswell, several of them in their backyards? Check

Do all that in 16 fights and most of it in the last couple years? Check

Do all that in one of the deepest and most competitive divisions in boxing? Check

Seriously. If anyone deserves the hype, it’s Oleksandr Usyk. People don’t understand what they are watching.

Comment

How is the forum not a source for judging hype? It's the perfect source.
                  Show me just one post. Just one. Else shut the hell up

Comment

These wanna be Eastern Euros from South Carolina are gonna do what they do.

F**k 'em all.

Comment

I don't believe Mayweather has ever been behind on the cards after 7 rounds against a Bellew level fighter.
                      Really what's it matter what he was down when it sounds like Usyk had a game plan and it came of 100%
                      Much like Mayweather/McGregor yer??

Comment

Working...
                      X