Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EE fighters wouldn't get so much flack if their fans didn't over hype them so much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can blame the fans all you want. But we all know that there are quite a bit of non-white bigots who throw tantrums any time a white guy wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      DJ arguably beat ggg and he went life and death with both Sulecki & Dereyvanchenko and has already been KO'd.
      Jacobs put up a much better fight than I expected, but I don't think he did enough to win. It was a competitive match, but he fell short. Derevyanchenko can hang with damnear any middleweight based on that performance. Sulecki needs some tune ups.

ggg went from some mythical, 1 punch KO artist, monster, to getting walked down by a 5'7 "weight bully", no PED's. ggg went from 100-0 real quick.
      GGG beat a prime p4p fighter at 36, and did enough for a draw in the rematch. Stop acting like Canelo's a bum.

An injured Chris Arreola nearly beat cruiserweight champion Tomasz Adamek. The "trash" guys you refer to at HW have already proven they can hang with cruiser weight champions.
      Like I already said, you don't need skills as much, when you got ridiculous size and power on your opponents. Arreola outweighed Adamek by 33.5lb, and still lost.

Wilder last got dropped 8 years ago, that's a weak argument. Wilder was a noob in boxing and would've lost to ALL the guys he's knocking out today.
      Wilder still fights like a noob. He rag dolled himself against Szpilka, nearly destroyed the referee with windmills against Washington and had both feet in the air on his last combo against Duhaupas. Wilder's power and athleticism lets him get away with shit like this in this garbage ass weight class.

Usyk got stunned by 5'10 Mchunu, he looked like **** against a 35 year old, blown up LHW that hadn't fought at cruiser in 2 years, this wasn't prime Bellew. Brieidis just got a gift to a NOBODY. The "they've never looked bad" excuse doesn't fly with them.
      Okay? Wilder got stunned by Molina. Fury was floored by a 37 year old Cunningham coming off a loss, and had to use illegal tactics to knock him out.

Tony Bellew was a skeleton against Stevenson. I'll admit that I expected a better performance from Usyk, but styles make fights. I can tell you right now, robotic Joshua and windmill Wilder don't fight anything like Bellew. Fury has the most skill in that entire division, but he's coming off of 2 years of crack, obesity and depression, so I don't know if those 2 bums were enough to get the ring rust off.

There aren't any guys the size of Wilder at the weight because they'd be walking sticks. When Wilder was 200lbs early in his career he was getting stopped in the amateurs, knocked down by Sconiers.
      He was knocked down by Sconiers and that fat guy because he sucks in terms of technical ability. If Fury didn't convert himself into a can during his layoff, Wilder only has a puncher's chance against him. Don't get me wrong, a puncher's chance actually means something at HW, but I don't see him outboxing Fury of all fighters.

If Wilder didn't have any skill he wouldn't be undefeated, he's probably the fastest super heavyweight in the history of the sport, he completely picked apart Stiverne, he was using angles against Duhaupas, head movement against Ortiz, countering Ortiz etc. If you can't recognize his skill then that's on you.
      He fought nearly 40 Campbell Soup cans, a 38 year old with high blood pressure and a paper champ. What a beast...

Who did Stiverne beat, Arreola? The guy who lost to a cruiserweight, then got rag dolled by Bum Squad? Duhaupas' best win is against a guy who got slept by Briedis. Wilder nearly got stopped by a 38 year old Ortiz, then he came back because the ref gave him time to rest in the 8th, and Ortiz's old ass gassed out.

You act like Usyk doesn't have a size advantage, he's one of the biggest cruisers in the division. He has a 2 inch reach advantage on Gassiev and 3" on Bellew.
      Bellew's the only heavyweight this guy's faced, but you don't seem to consider him a legit heavyweight. Fighting in the heavyweight division is nothing like fighting in the cruiserweight division. Wilder, Joshua and Fury are significantly bigger and/or stronger than him.

Usyk isn't Holyfield. Usyk barely beat Briedis, and looked like crap against Bellew.
      Briedis and Bellew aren't as bad as you make them out to be.

Pedvetkin started abusing PED's after his bout with Huck, he made an obvious physical transformation going from soft and pudgy to strong and solid. He was busted with Meldonium & Ostarine.
      Well, then he must've been taking some trash ass PEDs, because he had more success before he fought Huck, than after.

And LOL "number 3 in the division", the dude literally has not beaten a top 10 HW since 2008 in a completely different decade.
      A top 5 heavyweight got a gift decision against a dude who was destroyed at cruiserweight. What a strong division...

Usyk barely beat Brieids, the cards were 115-113 x2, and 114-114. He didn't prove to be that much better.
      Styles make fights.

Arreola was schooled not just by Vitali but Stiverne as well who cold clocked him. Again, Stiverne>Arreola. The guys you call trash can actually beat cruiserweight champions.
      Like I said, size matters. Weight divisions exist for a reason.

Haye is an elusive counter, power puncher. Usyk is a high pressure type fighter that relies heavily on his jab.
      All I see Haye really having over Usyk is power. Based on what I've seen, Usyk has a better jab, better footwork, better defense, more stamina, faster hands and maybe even a better chin.

ALL the money is in the HW division. Barely any at cruiser.
      Where are all the cruisers at HW? Why don't they want to earn money?
      The heavyweight division isn't like the others. If you're not a career heavyweight, you need to be really special to make it far as a heavyweight. Holyfield was very special, and Usyk might be.

The division still has guys like Ortiz, Miller, Whyte, Parker, Ruiz, Ajagba, Hrgovic, Zhang, Joyce, etc. there are a lot of up and coming super heavies as well.
      Joyce got whooped by Usyk in WSB. I don't know about everyone else doe.
      Last edited by Slicc; 11-13-2018, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        This dude is over-exaggerating and been on a non-stop tirade ever since Usyk won tonight.

Jesus.
        Man, there was enough salt on here after that fight to refill the oceans. I don't know why but the Usyk hate has started early.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          HAHA!!!! Overhype??!! HBO Poured MILLIONS upon MILLIONS into hyping up andre berto and adrian broner in their early careers. They wanted them desperately to be the new african american stars with no resume to prove that they were.

We get it, it makes you feel very uncomfortable that these ukraines are invading the P4P rankings and unifying belts but all i can say is get used to it.
          Latinos run boxing we have the most champs and guys like canelo and Mikey ***** on whatever overhyped resume the privileged EE have.

And with guys like

David Benavidez
          Valdez
          Teofimo Lopez
          Vergil Ortiz etc

Just getting started looks like they will dominate for years to come so get use to that pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            You can blame the fans all you want. But we all know that there are quite a bit of non-white bigots who throw tantrums any time a white guy wins.
            It goes both ways

You have some Black posters who say white boxers are all stiff bums etc

Then you got your white posters who are so obsessed with white fighters being superior that they want Ward to come out of retirement and fight usyk just so a white guy can beat ward

It is a two way thing both sides as bad as the other and its really sad

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              I agree, he has accomplished a lot. He's a very good fighter.

But some of his fans were the same ones who constantly sh¡t on Floyd Mayweather who has accomplished a lot more.

They never gave him his due respect but now complain when their guy gets the same treatment. That's where the root of the problem lies.
              Some fans did **** on Mayweather, but many more didn't. Emulating the idiots who like to **** on great fighters - like some guys are doing now, perhaps to get 'revenge' - hardly paints anyone in a good light does it?

None of us are responsible for the words of others, but we are responsible for our own words and actions.

The reason these cycles sustain themselves is because folk like to attack each other using the fighters as proxies (you know, cos we're on a boxing forum) instead of simply criticising the idiocy of the individual who started the BS. This inevitably drags in posters to 'defend' their guy, even if they never said a bad word about another fighter in their lives...

Who was the first guy to call a fighter a 'bum' or 'the greatest ever' on an online forum? It's all that fuckers fault, man. But since we'll never know now who started that BS, all we can do is take responsibility for our own words and try to apply a least a little restraint.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                Man, there was enough salt on here after that fight to refill the oceans. I don't know why but the Usyk hate has started early.
                Some people hate anything that they feel doesn't represent them, Usyk just won a fight its obvious he would be the talk of the town at the moment, Imagine when Wilder beats Fury and then we getting threads like this one without a few hours, you can be sure you wouldn't see a thread like this one from posters like this ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Some people hate anything that they feel doesn't represent them, Usyk just won a fight its obvious he would be the talk of the town at the moment, Imagine when Wilder beats Fury and then we getting threads like this one without a few hours, you can be sure you wouldn't see a thread like this one from posters like this ones.
                  Exactly, man. If Wilder wins, my hat's off to him. If Fury wins, same thing. I think we're definitely closer to an undisputed champ which is good for boxing all the way around imo. Usyk's win was good for boxing. I hate to see such a great talent get railroaded by these threads so early. Damn, at least, congrats to the man on a great year. Some fools on here are watching fights just so they can hate right after it. Not good, man.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                    Latinos run boxing we have the most champs and guys like canelo and Mikey ***** on whatever overhyped resume the privileged EE have.

And with guys like

David Benavidez
                    Valdez
                    Teofimo Lopez
                    Vergil Ortiz etc

Just getting started looks like they will dominate for years to come so get use to that pal.
                    "Privileged"

The last time I checked, Usyk still has to climb his ass in there and fight. He did so in five other champions' backyards too. If he were "privileged" he would have insisted having the home turf and gotten it among other things. Privileged my ass. Any Olympic champion benefits in the pros usually-Joshua, Wilder, DLH, Mayweather. Everything in life doesn't come down to race anyway, but good luck telling that to some of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      Exactly, man. If Wilder wins, my hat's off to him. If Fury wins, same thing. I think we're definitely closer to an undisputed champ which is good for boxing all the way around imo. Usyk's win was good for boxing. I hate to see such a great talent get railroaded by these threads so early. Damn, at least, congrats to the man on a great year. Some fools on here are watching fights just so they can hate right after it. Not good, man.
                      What Usyk is doing is even more remarkable. Anyone that can't see that is a pure hater. If he was British or american he would not leave his country, as a Gold medallist he wouldn't have to, over his last five fights he has gone into his opponents backyard and beat all of them, in less than 20 fights. I really hate the sort of boxing fans that we have these days, they are more casuals than real fans, they have zero knowledge of the sport, they don't understand anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X