Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Szpilka Survives Near Disaster To Edge Mariusz Wach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Szpilka Survives Near Disaster To Edge Mariusz Wach

In an all-Polish main event of the night, notorious heavyweight Artur Szpilka (22-3, 15 KOs) barely continued his comeback with a positive note after a thin split decision over an aging colossus, named Mariusz Wach (33-4, 17 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

didn't know this fight was today

Comment

What showed these fights? I been on DAZN all day

Comment

That was a close fight. If it was 12 rounder Wach would have it.

Comment

Wilder took Szpilkas Soul.

Comment

GIF: Artur Szpilka vs. Mariusz Wach - Round 10

I like to see a rematch. Mariusz looked pretty sharp and his speed and agility really impressed me. I'm happy for Artur, hes had it rough lately.

Comment

Good tussle, decent tempo, both guys showed stuff they can do well. We had Izu Ugonoh commenting in Polish TV (pretty good commentary, BTW, dude's well-spoken and knowledgeable) and he said that the 97-93 in Szpilka's favor is way too wide, and then said that the verdict is quite controversial. I would agree with him - the fight was frickin' close and I'd say the last round KD would give it to Wach. Szpilka was visibly wobbled a good time after the final bell.

He would have definitely gotten KOd in a 12 rounder.

Szpila should really stop dropping his hands every time he gets tagged with something that hurts, lol.

Good night for boxing in general and Polish boxing in particular, still gotta watch Glowacki - Vlasov.

Comment

Szpilka's lucky as hell this wasn't a 12 round fight, didn't see it myself but have heard rumors that it was a robbery. They ought to do it again

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I like to see a rematch. Mariusz looked pretty sharp and his speed and agility really impressed me. I'm happy for Artur, hes had it rough lately.
                  Wach been training with Wilder? He's almost mastered the windmill technique and nearly matched Wilders result against Szpilka.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Wach been training with Wilder? He's almost mastered the windmill technique and nearly matched Wilders result against Szpilka.
                    Hahaha, yeah, he was going for the KO in the 10th and decided to give it his best windmill. He was way sharper than that throughout the fight, kept catching Szpilka on the chin with his straight right and uppercut and some pretty heavy jabs pretty much in every round except the 7th, I think.
                    Last edited by Zonkmeister; 11-11-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X