No announcement yet.

Usyk dissapointing, but the revisionist history will begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    Everybody who knows Usyk knows he starts out slow. This is as bad as the people saying Crawford got "exposed" by Benavidez.
    So why were all the usyk fans saying 120-108 then?

He was supposed to dominate every round

Now its "oh i knew hed lose the first 4 rounds, all part of the plan"

Its revisionist history.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
      Nobody thought Bellew was going to win #1

And #2 I am british but im not particularly a fan of bellew.

And sure enough the revisuonist history has begun

"It was all part of usyks plan to get lit up for 5 rounds"
      Exactly the same pattern in most of Usyk fights - Briedis, Hunter, Mchunu.

Acting like Bellew is so good because he was exception from the rest of them isn't true and is a revisionist history. He wasn't different

Comment

Usyk did dominate, I had him up 5-2 going into the 8th. He always starts slow as he studies his opponents then dials up a perfect gameplan to take over the fight, which he did again tonight. I'm very curious to see how he does against much bigger men

Comment

Nobody thought Bellew was going to win #1

And #2 I am british but im not particularly a fan of bellew.

And sure enough the revisuonist history has begun

"It was all part of usyks plan to get lit up for 5 rounds"

Floyd has lost the beginning of many fights and adapted and then gets praised for his greatness. Why is the same not applied to Usyk???? Hmmmmm....

Comment

give it a few days and Usyk dominated from start to finish@ will be the narrative

That was a poor performance, Usyk only came to life once Bellews gas tank emptied from the weight cut.
            Poor sentiments tbh, it takes away from both fighters, one of Usyk's main strengths is his engine so at some point if that is the main determining factor in a fight it shouldn't come as a surprise, especially at this level.

As usual the general consensus was Bellew is a bum and Usyk is unbelievable, but the truth was somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              I think your half right, he didn't go in there and fight like an attritional fighter and try and blast him out or roll over him, he boxed and boxed extremely well, Usyk made adjustments and took over with left hooks to the body and head.

I don't expect you to give Bellew credit though, you didn't before the fight so why would you now
              Because he was and still is mediocre. What has he done that's so great? Nothing. but guys like you fellate him because he's british.
              Tony did nothing special other than go 100%, which blew his stamina and left him staring at the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                Usyk did dominate, I had him up 5-2 going into the 8th. He always starts slow as he studies his opponents then dials up a perfect gameplan to take over the fight, which he did again tonight. I'm very curious to see how he does against much bigger men
                You are in the minority

Comment

So why were all the usyk fans saying 120-108 then?

He was supposed to dominate every round

Now its "oh i knew hed lose the first 4 rounds, all part of the plan"

Its revisionist history.
                  They obviously forgot that styles make fights. Gassiev is a CW Arthur Abraham, who is made for Usyk statistically. Bellew is crafty and has good movement and counter punching ability. I wasn't surprised that he won a few rounds.

Comment

Smh the excuses begin already.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Because he was and still is mediocre. What has he done that's so great? Nothing. but guys like you fellate him because he's british.
                      Tony did nothing special other than go 100%, which blew his stamina and left him staring at the ceiling.
                      Most of my fav fighters aren't British, you act holier than thou but are very quick with the cynicism...you've just repeated what you said in the first post with a bit of nationalism thrown in 👍

A mediocre fighter doesn't outbox Usyk for 1 round, let alone 6-7, it's just not feasible no matter how hard he tries

Comment

Working...
                      X