Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 Cent says Mayweather Taking Fight w/ Kickboxer Proves He’s Down to His Last Cents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent says Mayweather Taking Fight w/ Kickboxer Proves He’s Down to His Last Cents

Floyd Mayweather announced that he’s coming out of retirement to fight Tenshin Nasukawa, a 20-year-old Japanese kickboxing star. The fight will take place on New Year’s Eve in Saitama, Japan, and Mayweather will presumably walk away with several millions in his pocket.
    But instead of going into detail about his payday, as he often does, Mayweather spoke more about the technical aspects of the fight, in terms of the fighters’ weight difference and what the rules are going to be.
    The boxer said all of those things will be figured out very soon, and his main goal is to just entertain the fans.
    Instagram
    But a lot of people found the fight announcement strange, including Mayweather’s friend turned enemy 50 Cent .
    Not only because a 41-year-old boxer will be fighting a 20-year-old kickboxer on such a big stage, but because this is the second high-profile bout that Mayweather has lined up this year. In September he announced a rematch with Manny Pacquiao on a date to be named later.
    “This screams that Mayweather is going broke,”
    tweeted 50, right after news about the fight in Japan surfaced.
    A lot of fight fans also weighed in and said Mayweather’s pockets may not be as full as he claims.
    “I wouldn’t be surprised if Mayweather isn’t doing as well financially as he would like everyone to believe,” one person wrote. “He has looked desperate in recent months, trying to set up fights with a number of fighters. Even a $300 million dollar payday can go fast if you spend the way he does.”
    “A guy spending $18 million dollars on a single watch definitely needs to keep the funds coming in, because at that rate he’s sure to go broke very soon,” another person wrote. “A fool and his money are soon parted.”
    “I honestly think Floyd’s running out of money and hasn’t figured out a different way to make more,” a third person commented. “[It’s] kind of sad to see.”
    And on Instagram, Fif dissed Mayweather again and suggested he has tax problems.
    “Champ fighting a Uber driver before the IRS embarrass him again,” wrote the rapper. “Pay-per-view my ass. We watching this on YouTube.”
    Earlier this year, 50 also questioned Mayweather’s motivation to fight Pacquiao again.
    “We been knew you finished that money, champ,” he wrote. “We can tell when you start doing club visits.”

Man wouldn't everyone just love for these rumors to be true? Lol.

Anyways, even if they are - he's in the position to do whatever he wants. He can fight a kickboxer for 100million. No one else is in his position "Hey im running low on money, let me make a quick 100million not even fighting a non pro boxer."

At age 41 and retired, who can blaim him? He's playing with the cards he was dealt, simple.

Comment

I don't think he will ever go broke he can cash in on his name anytime he wants

I saw an interview with Mike Tyson recently and he said using his name has kept him from going broke at his age granted he is a more interesting character than Floyd but it will work for mayweather plus he has Al haymon

Comment

When Floyd starts fighting for $10 mil I'll believe he's down to his last few dollars. Ain't a fighter out there who would turn down the money Floyd is making for this fight. Every single fighter out there would fight a kickboxer for the amount of money Floyd is making.

Comment

50 cent's word means nothing to me

The guy is a teenage girl 👧

Comment

If 50 gets offered the same money he’d fight too. And worse is he’ll lose lol

Comment

I don’t think he’s broke at least not yet. I just don’t see how he can sustain that lifestyle in the long run. I believe he’s got investments but I don’t think it’s bringing in that much to satisfy his spending habits. All I know, somebody with his personality can’t not go backwards in lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                Man wouldn't everyone just love for these rumors to be true? Lol.

Anyways, even if they are - he's in the position to do whatever he wants. He can fight a kickboxer for 100million. No one else is in his position "Hey im running low on money, let me make a quick 100million not even fighting a non pro boxer."

At age 41 and retired, who can blaim him? He's playing with the cards he was dealt, simple.

come on.. you know when people say floyd's going broke or is down to his last cents they dont mean that literally!! but you gotta be a fool if you think floyd's not losing money based on his spending habits alone! floyd is doing this for the money. if floyd wanted the spotlight alone and has nothing to do with money then floyd could do something else and it'll still hit the headline.

Comment

50 cent. Ex-gangster, Rap Artist, Sports Journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    50 cent's word means nothing to me

The guy is a teenage girl 👧
                    Lmao only a ****** would repeat what 50 says. He messed the whole thread up by starting it off with “50 cent said”

Comment

Working...
                    X