Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia Eyed For March 16, AT&T Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    Goin into May, remember May-Pac II is supposed to happen. Mid March is fine.

Right before NCAA March Madness. No NFL, No MLB. NBA playoffs yet to begin. Open lane.
    Maybe for u but I'm no fan of waiting 4 more months for a fight that's been talked about happening originally in Dec-Jan now way in March plus imo Spence KOs Garcia in under 5 rds anyway.

Garcia looked to me as if he was having trouble with the weight even at 140 he was hurt to the body by a drained Broner mid fight and looked like he was trying too hard against Lippets at times meanwhile Spence basically stopped Broner in sparring years ago with big gloves and headgear on and spars a top 154 on the regular

Mikey's good he's not that dam good to overcome that no doubt in my mind and every pro boxer that knows what it takes agrees with that
    Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 11-07-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Shet I wish I could be wrong....Triple B1tch will never fight Jermall Charlo....LMMFAO!
      And his fans DON'T care. They prefer to see GGG KO bums and Tomato Cans. You could throw a chair in the ring and they'll pay to see ggg box circles around it.

Ive NEVER seen a fan base more afraid of watching the best fight the best than his. I mean they were happy to see him KO Vanes. Who was pulled up in weight and out of a 2 year retirement.

They want someons else like Jacobs or Canelo to fight him.

You know my thoughts and Im a canelo fan.

CanCharlo Cinco De Mayo or Sept. 2019 Dallas Stadium.

Here's my $$$$$$ DAZN/Oscar. Make happen. REAL boxing fans want GREAT fights!

Comment

Mike deserves true respect for this fight..a huge move up in weight against a big strong welterweight in spence

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
          That's gonna be a chit load of PPV's in a row... lol
          So??? And Im gonna buy Wilder/Fury and Garcia/Spence for SURE! On the fence with Pac/Broner. They get a good undercard im buying then.

This is very rare so I see no problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            And his fans DON'T care. They prefer to see GGG KO bums and Tomato Cans. You could throw a chair in the ring and they'll pay to see ggg box circles around it.

Ive NEVER seen a fan base more afraid of watching the best fight the best than his. I mean they were happy to see him KO Vanes. Who was pulled up in weight and out of a 2 year retirement.

They want someons else like Jacobs or Canelo to fight him.

You know my thoughts and Im a canelo fan.

CanCharlo Cinco De Mayo or Sept. 2019 Dallas Stadium.

Here's my $$$$$$ DAZN/Oscar. Make happen. REAL boxing fans want GREAT fights!
            You people obsessed with GGG what part don't you get GGG is 36 1/2 years old he's closing his career out now likely at 168. When he was in his prime nobody wanted the smoke outside of Brook or Ward.

I don't think he's so against taking on Charlo but he's fought the Jacobs and Canelo's basically the same level as Charlo.

And now after basically being robbed 2x he'd rather close out his career with some big money fights

Charlo called out Jacobs and now Jacobs has challenged Charlo to a fight just the other week so that should be the fight 2 guys in their respective primes

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              Which is exactly why I said early if they are going to go out into March now atp they both should just take interim fights and meet up in late May-June for as long as the fight was talked about I don't know why TF negotiations would be taking so long when they were able to put Wilder/Fury and Pac/Broner together so quickly. IMO they are probably over estimating the popularity of the fight it's barely even PPV material to begin with
              The problem is their fights are too expensive, even these interim fights. Both got around $3 million for their last fights. They just have to wait until March for this fight. But what I hope is if Spence wins, he takes on Porter in July and fights another fight at the end of the year. Next year he can and should have three fights. Same with Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                So??? And Im gonna buy Wilder/Fury and Garcia/Spence for SURE! On the fence with Pac/Broner. They get a good undercard im buying then.

This is very rare so I see no problems with it.
                Same here, Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                  For the undercard I'd have Charlo-Hurd (if that's not it's own event) or the return of David Benavidez.
                  Charlo-Hurd is almost definitely going to be it's own event. The return of Benavidez wouldn't be a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                    PPV wise I doubt it does more than 200K. Ward Kovalev couldn't' break 200K that and that fight was 50-50 and all boxing fans wanted to see it. This fight is like 80-20 in Spence's favor. From the reactions that i've seen to this fight plenty of people consider it to be a mismatch.
                    As good a matchup as Kovalev-Ward and Ward-Kovalev 2 were, both fights were put on without all that much backing from the fight promoters or HBO, if we're honest about it.

Spence-Garcia may be a less competitive fight on paper, but Showtime will likely back it with at least 2 editions of All Access and talk it up across all of their boxing programming, Fox Sports will keep the fight in the mix during their events and in the shoulder programming, and the general media (as it's already done kinda) will push the side narratives in the week leading up to the fight (Mikey Garcia daring to be great, Errol Spence Jr's star finally starting to launch in Texas, how both fighters handling their own affairs is an indictment of the old Arum way of doing things, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      The problem is their fights are too expensive, even these interim fights. Both got around $3 million for their last fights. They just have to wait until March for this fight. But what I hope is if Spence wins, he takes on Porter in July and fights another fight at the end of the year. Next year he can and should have three fights. Same with Garcia.
                      From all of the rumblings, it seems as if Thurman may go directly into the Porter fight, which jumbles things a bit.

A summer IBF mandatory shot, and then a fight with the Thurman-Porter winning in the Winter(December 2019-February 2020) on PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X