Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Floyd doing this seriously?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought the rules is going to be Kickboxing rules? he gonna get his arse whooped!

Comment

To add a little extra sheen onto his prestigious legacy?

In all seriousness, why should he stop taking on easy opponents, if he can still make more in one fight than most make in a career? That kind of money is impossible to ignore. What do you want him to do? Slip quietly into middle age, passing up on a few hundred million dollars worth of easy money? Why retire, when he can still add wins and collect money?

Nobody gives a chit what the fans really think, they'll still pay.

Comment

He wants to be more relevant than 50c

Comment

I honestly believe that he wanted to show Oscar and Canelo that he could still make 9 figures in less fights. Oh yeah plus the 100 million dollars...

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
            You’re the one downplaying legacy at the same time recognizing them wtf. I’m out
            I'm merely saying legacy's matter more for fans than fighters/athletes.

Fighters care about taking care of themselves & their family. You can't buy sh^t with legacy. Legacy does come with the money doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I'm merely saying legacy's matter more for fans than fighters/athletes.

Fighters care about taking care of themselves & their family. You can't buy sh^t with legacy. Legacy does come with the money doe.
              Yeah those who are not working their butts off care more of what others achieved.
              Those who are not taking any risks care more lol

Not to sound cheesy, but most successful fighters dreamed to be a champ, dreamed to achieve things.. dreamed to carve their name and be part of history... and money only came with the territory.
              Maybe you’re referring to cab driver level fighters whose only motivation is some money, and that’s why they’re at that level in the first place.

The proudest guy when a fighter becomes a champ is himself, or his mom or his wife.
              So nope the fans don’t care more. I know for sure I don’t care more.

Anyway, good talking to you... I’m sure you’re one of the decent guys here as I often read your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                Yeah those who are not working their butts off care more of what others achieved.
                Those who are not taking any risks care more lol
                Look at who's talking about legacy's all the time. Fans. Its always the fans. Athletes are doing sh^t not talking about it.

Not to sound cheesy, but most successful fighters dreamed to be a champ, dreamed to achieve things.. dreamed to carve their name and be part of history... and money only came with the territory.
                Sure everyone dreams about that as kids. Or most males do I imagine anyway. But once you did sh^t it don't matter like that no more. It'd be like dreaming about getting to HS one day when you are in 6th grade, but you're still dreaming about it when you're in HS. Don't make no sense. Legacy don't matter once you got a legacy. Or in the way you are suggesting anyway. I mean you don't wanna get caught with a dead hooker even if you are Jordan or Floyd.

Maybe you’re referring to cab driver level fighters whose only motivation is some money, and that’s why they’re at that level in the first place.
                Money matters to everyone bruh.

The proudest guy when a fighter becomes a champ is himself, or his mom or his wife.
                So nope the fans don’t care more. I know for sure I don’t care more.
                I'm sure anyone who genuinely loves or cares about someone who's "made it" in anything not just sports feels good about them making it. And I'm sure part of getting to that point of making it is having your loved ones feel good about it or proud or w/e. But again once you got legacy it don't matter as much. Its more a fan thing. Fans dork out about another mans legacy way too damn much if you ask me.

Anyway, good talking to you... I’m sure you’re one of the decent guys here as I often read your posts.
                Thanks & nice going back n forth with you about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  For some reason, it happens to all the greats. They all fight past their legacy and get whooped. It's inevitable

Nowadays, might be better to go out in the ring and get your ass whooped for a proper send off.

Ali quit on his stool. Oscar quit on his stool. Bernard blasted out of the ring. Chavez beat to **** by average fighters during his final years. Tyson losing to a bunch of average bums before retiring. Roy Jones getting Knocked out every fight in the end. More and more examples.

No shame really. Like a lion that has to fend off a new young hungry lion out in the wild.

Comment

Floyd canceled.

Comment

He wants to be a world champion ie fighting around world.
                      Plus he wants to be remembered and wants to have talking point in his career like Ali v inoki.
                      I mean if you don't think any of his fights were memorable hopefully you will remember when he fought Connor or tension?

Comment

Working...
                      X