Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Coach: Joshua Said He'd Fight For 50M, Then Didn't Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americans have memories like Elephants . There is no way they will ever forget about the 50 million. ( even though they conveniently forget when Deontay ducked Klitschko even after Wilder won the belt and Finkel said that Wilder was just a prospect after 30 fights. All of a sudden they have minds like squirrels)

Everyone on here claiming that they box you know there is absolutely no one that you fear to fight under the right circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Joshua vs a mop will sell out in the UK, but Wilder is considered champ over here until the two fight. Just how it is. You have people like me who don’t think there’s a true champ until there’s an undisputed champ, you have Nationalists who will cheer for either just due to where they were born. I hate Eddie Hearn, that’s no secret. I’ve also made it no secret that I dislike Arum, Oscar, Haymon...if someone is a promoter I don’t like them. They’re cut from the same slime cloth as lawyers.

That said, would have been nice for Eddie to shut up about Wilder’s fight for a couple minutes to let people know that Danny Jacobs had a world title match in his home town a couple weeks ago...I don’t know how you can have a friendly, cancer survivor like Danny Jacobs fighting in his home town for a world title and nobody go...
      I finally agree with you apart from AJ vs a mop

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCook View Post
        Sure! They wanted him to agree to it without any detail, terms or contract They refused to meet, even though Hearn was actually in NY and they had already set up a meeting... sounds legit! Also, after Wilder agreed to fight in the UK, they reneged on signing the contract, citing a lack of detail regarding the date and venue - some might say slightly hypocritical!
        With all that being said however, I'd suggest that both sides are as bad as each other and are probably even working together to drive up the interest (and revenue) in the bout; and all of this rubbish about either fighter being too scared to go through with it is purely ignorant nonsense... they are trying to maximize their earnings and who can blame them?

For the record, I'm not a Joshua fanatic and couldn't say that he definitely wins a bout against Wilder, given Wilder's punching power and the fact that Joshua gets hit (although, I would slightly lean towards Joshua because of his boxing ability compared to Wilder's). I just wan't to see the best face each other and I'm sick of all the crap that's surrounding it. I'm certainly in no rush to see Joshua vs Whyte again, that's for sure!
        Well said...

Comment

Oh look Deyonce at it again with a rant entirely unrelated to Eddie Hearn or Anthony Joshua

Comment

Anthony "Protective Custody" Joshua

Comment

Just keep singing the same song over and over.

Comment

No doubt the 50 mil was not a good look for AJ. But Wilder and his team are labouring the point now. If they want the fight they should get round the table rather than rehash old ground. Hearn and AJ seem open to negotiation. If Wilder’s team want to wait till after the Fury fight to enter into talks that makes sense, but we all know about the 50 mil by now. Time to move on.

Comment

When would Wilder, his managers and fanship let go of this narrative and just box! They keep bringing this up over and again. Makes me feel like they will hold on on this forever and won't fight Joshua no matter what. Talks like ds makes it feel like Wilder is ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
                    When would Wilder, his managers and fanship let go of this narrative and just box! They keep bringing this up over and again. Makes me feel like they will hold on on this forever and won't fight Joshua no matter what. Talks like ds makes it feel like Wilder is ducking.
                    December 1st.

Comment

Wilder said literally the money is in the bag and on its way over.

No bag and it didn't turn up ... oh we shouldn't take what people say literally you say .. there are details.

Wilder refused to give any contract details on a contract they all admit would have open AJ up to legal action from Sky Sports as it was back with BT Sport money which they actively hid from Hearn.

Basically Wilders "contract" said the equivalent of we'll give you 50M but you have to rob a bank to get it.

Either Al Haymon is broke or he doesn't believe in Wilder if he did he would have put the money up for Povetkin to fight in the States , or the money for his fighter Charles Martin to fight Wilder. For that matter how did Wilder not get the Klitschko fight considering Finkel was managing him for so long.

Comment

Working...
                      X