Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Don't Think There is Anybody That Can Stop Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Don't Think There is Anybody That Can Stop Me!

Josh Taylor beat Ryan Martin in the quarter-final of the World Boxing Super Series with a seventh-round stoppage of the American at the SSE Hydro, Glasgow. The 27-year-old from Prestonpans took his time to get going but when he floored his hitherto unbeaten opponents with a left to the head and a left to the body, referee Victor Loughlin stepped in to call a halt, with two minutes 21 seconds of the round gone.
    [Click Here To Read More]

With a name such as his, JOSH, he's gonna be doubted

Comment

I’ve never seen a fighter as happy as Martin was when he knew it was over. He took a punch on the back on the head and one when on the floor for the stoppage but he looked like he’d won the lottery after.

Comment

Martin typical American felt the hit to back of the head coward was trying to get him disqualified like his brother from another mother dirrel weak country that only reason they've had any decent fighters in the past was threw steroid abuse now there's a tough stance on it usa is finished

Comment

Let's be clear. Josh Taylor is over-rated. Ryan Martin obviously over trained for this fight & he was clearly hit in the back of the head. If it was an american ref, I take it that he would of given Ryan an opportunity to at least get up. UK ref immediately calls the fight off...Not saying that Ryan would have won the fight, but that is absolutely ridiculous. If Ryan Martin hit Josh Taylor with the exact same behind the head shot, do you think the ref would have immediately stopped the fight? The answer. NO.

Comment

Originally posted by citynation2k View Post
            Let's be clear. Josh Taylor is over-rated. Ryan Martin obviously over trained for this fight & he was clearly hit in the back of the head. If it was an american ref, I take it that he would of given Ryan an opportunity to at least get up. UK ref immediately calls the fight off...Not saying that Ryan would have won the fight, but that is absolutely ridiculous. If Ryan Martin hit Josh Taylor with the exact same behind the head shot, do you think the ref would have immediately stopped the fight? The answer. NO.
            Lets be clear - Martin was moving forward when Josh threw the hook, he was then in the pocket and the hook landed to the side/back of his head... it was not intentional at all!

Martin had lost every round up to that point and Taylor was landing shots right through that round, body and head. He took the shot to the back of the head and then indicated to the ref that he'd been hit there, he then turned his back and folded up next to the ropes, Taylor went in and landed a hard shot the body.

The ref called off the fight because it was NOT competitive, Taylor was landing hard shots throughout the round, he then indicates to the ref that he is done (by holding his head and folding up)....

If YOU were the ref, would you allow a fighter - that had lost every round and was clearly out of his depth - to get up and take an onslaught from Taylor? after turninghis back and folding because of a punch to the side/back of his head?

Comment

Originally posted by citynation2k View Post
              wins every round in a totally dominant fashion, levels above his opponent.

'hes overrated' 'sanchez is a bad trainer' 'martin was overtrained' ' back of the head'

for the record in America you can hit your opponent on the back of the head while hes lying flat on the canvas and the reff counts you out, and you can do this in b2b fights: see marcus browne fights agaisnt Kalajdzic & Williams jnr.

hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                Lets be clear - Martin was moving forward when Josh threw the hook, he was then in the pocket and the hook landed to the side/back of his head... it was not intentional at all!

Martin had lost every round up to that point and Taylor was landing shots right through that round, body and head. He took the shot to the back of the head and then indicated to the ref that he'd been hit there, he then turned his back and folded up next to the ropes, Taylor went in and landed a hard shot the body.

The ref called off the fight because it was NOT competitive, Taylor was landing hard shots throughout the round, he then indicates to the ref that he is done (by holding his head and folding up)....

If YOU were the ref, would you allow a fighter - that had lost every round and was clearly out of his depth - to get up and take an onslaught from Taylor? after turninghis back and folding because of a punch to the side/back of his head?
                Ref still should have called the foul (assuming he saw it) and acted accordingly prior to stopping the fight if that's what he saw fit to do. In no world is it OK to ignore fouls because you think the guy was gonna lose anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Ref still should have called the foul (assuming he saw it) and acted accordingly prior to stopping the fight if that's what he saw fit to do. In no world is it OK to ignore fouls because you think the guy was gonna lose anyway.
                  But when it's Andre ward fighting Kovalev it is OK

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    But when it's Andre ward fighting Kovalev it is OK
                    Absolutely not... and I already used that example elsewhere. That's actually why I'm obliged to take this stance here, cos I argued strongly (and correctly I feel) that the ref should have dealt with the foul first in that case too. I try my best not to be too much of hypocrite.

Comment

Working...
                    X