Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was Anthony Joshua purse vs Povetkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    Nobody knows, but you know?

Idiot.
    You might actually learn something if you could stop being a rude ******* long enough to have a civil conversation.

I'm not claiming to know what he made, but I know the economics make it very clear it wasn't over $30 million. Just like I'm not claiming to know how often you have sex, but it's clear from your posting style it isn't very often.

You don't know what he earns from his fights plus sponsorship/endorsements so you have no business telling people how much he does or doesn't earn.
    I know how fight economics work. I've promoted thousands of fights. I know how much his PPVs cost in the UK. I know what the typical split is with the distributor. I know what his split is with Hearn. I know the ballpark range for what his PPVs do. Simple math makes it very clear his purse isn't over $30 million.

The fact that you find this so upsetting is very disturbing. You have no idea what he makes, but for some reason the idea that it's not more than $30 million made you outraged. Completely bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      You might actually learn something if you could stop being a rude ******* long enough to have a civil conversation.

I'm not claiming to know what he made, but I know the economics make it very clear it wasn't over $30 million. Just like I'm not claiming to know how often you have sex, but it's clear from your posting style it isn't very often.

I know how fight economics work. I've promoted thousands of fights. I know how much his PPVs cost in the UK. I know what the typical split is with the distributor. I know what his split is with Hearn. I know the ballpark range for what his PPVs do. Simple math makes it very clear his purse isn't over $30 million.

The fact that you find this so upsetting is very disturbing. You have no idea what he makes, but for some reason the idea that it's not more than $30 million made you outraged. Completely bizarre.
      Lol, excellent post.

Comment

You contradicted yourself and got called out for it.

I'm not outraged by anything, in fact you're the one getting all pissy. You can't handle it when you get played at your own game.

In fact you contradicted yourself in this very post alluding to rudeness being unnecessary yet you do it yourself with an assumed personal jibe.

And the arrogance to suggest I might learn something from you is off the charts. You are nothing but a fraud.

Comment

It was believed to be £20m in the media

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...uch-fight/amp/

Comment

80% of gross revenue from the ppv, live gate and ring advertising.
            Personal sponsorships , international TV rights percentage , merchandise and stadium concession percentages

I'd say it's very easy to believe he makes 30 million dollars which is 23 million GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

Which would be $26 million with isn’t that far from 30.

So $30mil isn’t as ridiculous as some agenda driven posters in this thread would have you believe

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

Here you go again making claims you can't/won't back up. Show us the proof or stop trying to add weight to your posts with these claims.

Economics of Wilder fights show he doesn't make much more if any than his released purses, but you claim he makes much more. Another claim you can't back up.
                Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 11-04-2018, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

... AJ was reportedly guaranteed £20 million...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Here you go again making claims you can't/won't back up. Show us the proof or stop trying to add weight to your posts with these claims.

Economics of Wilder fights show he doesn't make much more if any than his released purses, but you claim he makes much more. Another claim you can't back up.
                    Oh come on Robbie what else do you expect from this chap.

Comment

Reports were he made £23m and Povetkin made £6m, but it’s so difficult to know because he makes money from different avenue whenever he fights. This is why money isn’t his issue when it comes to any fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X