Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Cormier MMA: I'd Beat Joshua, Fury & Wilder In A Full Fight But Not Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Cormier MMA: I'd Beat Joshua, Fury & Wilder In A Full Fight But Not Boxing

UFC Heavyweight world champ Daniel Cormier, who is defending his title tonight, had this to say about potential fights with Joshua, Fury and Wilder.

@ 10:00

Probably true, but Fury is a gypsy and will most likely have fought outside the ring.

To be honest, I didn't even know the UFC was on tonight. It seems like only yesterday that Conor fought. Had to google it to make sure and yep....UFC 230 is on tonight. Don't care what anyone says, but Dana is ****ing awesome!!! Who do we have? Crusty old Arum and a ninja no one ever sees talking about "probabilities".

Comment

Boxers are not made to fight in MMA... Boxing is more of an ART... But it also helps to defend against bunch of guys jumping on you. But wrestlers always dominate MMA with a few exceptions like Chuck Liddell.

Comment

And the Boston Red Sox would beat the Boston Bruins in a game of baseball, but not hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          Probably true, but Fury is a gypsy and will most likely have fought outside the ring.

To be honest, I didn't even know the UFC was on tonight. It seems like only yesterday that Conor fought. Had to google it to make sure and yep....UFC 230 is on tonight. Don't care what anyone says, but Dana is ****ing awesome!!! Who do we have? Crusty old Arum and a ninja no one ever sees talking about "probabilities".
          Fury has had fights outside the ring but Cormier knows how to throw a shoe..

Comment

Yeah well I have been a wrestler all of my life, second generation division 1 wrestler to be exact.

Just because you can dominate someone on the ground doesn’t mean you can or will take down a good striker, I also am a amateur boxer and MMA fighter and unless the fight starts on the ground there is a chance you catch a good one on your feet and get slept.

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              UFC Heavyweight world champ Daniel Cormier, who is defending his title tonight, had this to say about potential fights with Joshua, Fury and Wilder.

@ 10:00

If it was a MMA fight in a cage, hell, he would win if they all fought him at the same time!!!

Comment

Yes in a 1 v 1 fight most of the time a solo wrestler/grappler will beat a solo boxer/striker (provided the wrestler is tough and can handle being hit). In terms of fighting off multiple people in a street fight or brawl, boxers can do it well, grapplers may get hit and hurt on the the ground by other attackers. Now if a top class boxer has okay grappling, and a top class wrestler has okay striking, then it can be a fight. There are examples of both winning. Although typically the best strikers do not switch to mma whereas many top flight grapplers (the ones who like hitting and getting hit usually) often switch to mma. Both are good. I love boxing, “the sweet science” because of the culture, the lineage going back to the bare knuckle squared circle days, the prestige. I like mma for the different moves and seeing the top guys compete regularly. They are both phenomenal to witness. ������ Depends on the fighter!
                Last edited by EliasAlexander; 11-03-2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Not sure why he's talking about a full fight when he's an mma fighter. Delusional.

Comment

History favors boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X