Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Cormier MMA: I'd Beat Joshua, Fury & Wilder In A Full Fight But Not Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    Probably true, but Fury is a gypsy and will most likely have fought outside the ring.

To be honest, I didn't even know the UFC was on tonight. It seems like only yesterday that Conor fought. Had to google it to make sure and yep....UFC 230 is on tonight. Don't care what anyone says, but Dana is ****ing awesome!!! Who do we have? Crusty old Arum and a ninja no one ever sees talking about "probabilities".
    shut up and quit this site then u ******

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
      Who would you take in a street fight, Josh or fat boy?

And that's another thing. Why are heavy weight MMA fighters so heavy. At least boxing champs are in shape.
      There is no such a thing as a street fight, if you in a street fight you go to jail you hood rat.

Comment

Probably true, but Fury is a gypsy and will most likely have fought outside the ring.

To be honest, I didn't even know the UFC was on tonight. It seems like only yesterday that Conor fought. Had to google it to make sure and yep....UFC 230 is on tonight. Don't care what anyone says, but Dana is ****ing awesome!!! Who do we have? Crusty old Arum and a ninja no one ever sees talking about "probabilities".
        Fury only talks like a gypsy, I don't think he has ever been in a fight outside of the ring, it's only your prejudice speaking, according to you if somebody is a gypsy he's also a criminal. Shame on you.

Comment

But how do people know how much arts boxers know. Is it impossible for a "boxer" to learn the arts? Remember when Brazilian jiu jitsu dominated MMA, but guys learned to punch from the shoulders and negated the wrestlers.
          Not sure what you mean...bjj and wrestling are very different things. Either way, mma fighters have to be well rounded...the days of one style beating another are over. Some guys develop great skills in other disciplines through their mma training, like gsp with his wrestling. He didn't start until he was like 20 yrs old and already fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            I friggin' love Sumo.

In boxing a KO a minute into the fight is a pretty fast KO. In Sumo that's a fairly long match.

This is a great post!

Most of what people question and argue over in regards to MMA or even kickboxing vs boxing is a bunch of conjecture and assumption and honestly yours isn't all that different I'm just impressed with how accurate your questions are without, I assume, much if any historical background.

There used to be a form of boxing called Rough and Tumble it competed with LPRR for a short time but was absorbed into London Prize Ring Rules. R&T mostly competed with Broughton's Rules which were informal and could be changed but were the basis of most articles of agreement. R&T had no basis and without most fights were held without any rules. This form of boxing was even more brutal than the Roman Pyx. The Romans had their weaponized spiked gloves which are pretty brutal but to castrate an opponent even in Roman times would have been quite a display. It was common place for R&T.

Most of your "misconceptions about bare knuckle fighters" are not at all misconceptions about bare knuckle fighters so much as misconceptions about LPRR and Broughton's Rules. R&T is responsible for the seedy underground scene found in Hollywood and what not. Almost Fight Club except everyone knew about it.

So what happened to Rough and Tumble and why does MMA even exist or rather take until the 90s to kick off again? The best of Rough and Tumble were more boxer than anything else and able to take their skill sets into LPRR. What I just said is literally the men who punch and move rather than kick, tackle, throw, etc beat up the men who kick, tackle, throw, etc to the point where they only had other men who punched and moved at their level of competition. Once the top of R&T spent a few decades being boxers they went into the bigger and more accepted league boxing had to offer.

On top of that both boxing and wrestling are from ancient Greece. There are two Downing Champions, champions of Boxing, Pankration, and Wrestling. Theagenese of Thasos is one. He is one of the most famous boxers of the Ancients and in no way a wrestler or pankrationist who went into boxing. Klieto is right there with Theo. He was a boxer who won the pankration and wrestling. A wrestler has never won the boxing tournament at any pan hellenic game. And beyond that when Demokrates was champion in 25 AD he was more famous than the emperor of Rome. Boxing had already traveled down the silk road and smack up traditional martial arts. Fun fact Klieto is the guy we get the abstinence superstition from. Both went unbeaten, Klieto went un pointed against, but Klieto did not become a Downing Olympian, he won his crown at Isthmia. Theagenes is the one and only downing olympian.

So, in a world where there are tight rules and almost no corruption outside the favor always being towards gods. A world where sport is religion without hyperbole. Boxing and her boxers reign. In a world without any rules boxers reign.

Maybe MMA has found the perfect rule set to keep boxing from becoming the most important tool in the mixed martial artists' arsenal, but I am skeptical and watching the flow of things it does look like by 2090 MMA will either not exist or just be what R&T and the Pankration was before it. A neat sport that has talent but is not on the same level as boxing.

I believe this is because boxing was invented by Sparta for war. War does not give a damn about rules. Sometimes there are none, sometimes your hands are a bit tied, either way you're expected to win. Only boxing has a system able to coop with such a range.

In TMA they are open minded. What works is what's right. In boxing it is very rigid, you must do this to be successful. That's because TMA, all of them, have yet to make a system that does work regardless of who is utilizing it. Jack Dempsey said even a baby can knock a man out and Jack weren't lying. If you do what boxing tells you to do you will be successful period and end of. Most people who ever existed ever better do what boxing says to be successful or they're gonna get a whoopin'. Those who do not have to are special folk with special gifts. Ali did a ton of things wrong no one ever gives him **** for...because when Ali did it it may have been wrong to theory but it was not wrong for Ali. He had more than average speed and reflexes which allowed more variance in his fight game. TMA requires you to be Ali. There is no guarantee that if you follow X theory you will be successful and you must constantly look for something that suits you as an individual fighter.

Most tested, most proven, most complete form of fighting this world has ever seen and I didn't even get into how LPRR allowed some wrestling or what happened to that.

That said, DC would get his fat ass handed to him just like every other time in history.
            But some people think their is "magic" to martial arts that "boxers" cant'n defend against. Wrestlers and Martial artists can learn boxers, but boxers can't learn the arts. Go figure.

Comment

But some people think their is "magic" to martial arts that "boxers" cant'n defend against. Wrestlers and Martial artists can learn boxers, but boxers can't learn the arts. Go figure.
              some people believe Frank Dux really has the record for the fastest KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                There is no such a thing as a street fight, if you in a street fight you go to jail you hood rat.
                Hood rat, are you kidding me? I grew up in the hood and had to fight. But a little bytch like you never was in a fight, right? You always ran.

I've seen street fights break out in the gym. "Hoover Street Gym" in the 1980's. David Love, Jimmy the Lion, Bruce Curry, Monroe Brooks, Lady Tiger Trimial. Check your history.
                Last edited by marvin douglas; 11-03-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

You know what’s crazy is Dana White talked all this sh it about boxing having too ppv but the ufc has one a month

Comment

Hood rat, are you kidding me? I grew up in the hood and had to fight. But a little bytch like you never was in a fight, right? You always ran.

I've seen street fights break out in the gym. "Hoover Street Gym" in the 1980's. David Love, Jimmy the Lion, Bruce Curry, Monroe Brooks, Lady Tiger Trimial. Check your history.
                    Indian Red, Danny Little Red, and Schoolboy would come bye an **** with every "brother" in there. Great times.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                      some people believe Frank Dux really has the record for the fastest KO.
                      1975 – Most consecutive knockouts in a single tournament – 56
                      1975 – Fastest recorded Kumite knockout – 3.2 seconds
                      1975 – Fastest recorded punch resulting in a knockout – .12 seconds
                      1975 – Fastest recorded kick resulting in a knockout – 72 MPH
                      1975 – Shortest knockout time average for fight career – 1:20 sec

Comment

Working...
                      X