Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Crawford's Stock Drop from the Benavidez Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who want to detract from Crawford will pretend they think it hurt him but if we're honest, it only solidified him as a versatile, top 2 P4P fighter. Benavidez was HUGE and rugged. Crawford was just as fresh in the last round as he was in the first, and finished someone who didn't look like he's be easy to stop.

No, it wasn't a statement fight, but it certainly didn't take anything away from Bud's standing. As I said, anyone who claims so is just being childish.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      People who want to detract from Crawford will pretend they think it hurt him but if we're honest, it only solidified him as a versatile, top 2 P4P fighter. Benavidez was HUGE and rugged. Crawford was just as fresh in the last round as he was in the first, and finished someone who didn't look like he's be easy to stop.

No, it wasn't a statement fight, but it certainly didn't take anything away from Bud's standing. As I said, anyone who claims so is just being childish.
      Yeah, if anything I think it showed that Bud is a small ww, but in spite of that, he still scored a KO and easily had the lead. He definitely didn't go down in my eyes. I guess the one-legged thing is what bothers a lot of people.

Of course, I never gave Cotto any credit for the Martinez win because of the same thing. I will throw in that fight with I think it was Audley Harrison or maybe Danny Williams where they won a fight with one arm, albeit against a bum but still. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
        He looked old to me. which is why the Spence fight has no business being marinated.
        Sounds old slurred n punch drunk...his best days might've been left in the gym

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
          Had Benavidez gone all 12 his stock would have definitely gone down.
          "This dude got taken the distance by a cripple!"

Comment

His stock didnt drop but he looks a lot more vulnerable thats for sure!!!

Comment

Jose Benavidez (Pre Gettin' shot) stock rises doe. (Dude would have been a beast)
              As seen by that knockdown... Leg is shot to chit. (No pun intended)

Comment

It dropped a little for me. The guy was ranked 30th by boxrec so he should have been fighting a better higher ranked boxer. He should have beaten him faster and easier. I think his rival Spence would have KOed Benavidez in 4 rounds or less.

Comment

Off topic,That El Alacran boxer in your picture looks hard as steel. What is his name?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    It probably wasn't the guy's best performance but he did score a KO in the last round.

But yeah, it was kind of a one-legged opponent.

But can a guy's stock drop from a win?

Hhmm......

Not in my eyes. He was fighting an opponent who was much larger. You cannot look perfect every time.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Off topic,That El Alacran boxer in your picture looks hard as steel. What is his name?
                      If you're talking to me, it's Usyk.

Of course, he's hard as steel.

Feel.

Very feel.

Comment

Working...
                      X