Robeisy Ramirez being offered to promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robeisy Ramirez being offered to promoters

Where does he land?

Idk. Whoever picks him up needs to have him headlining shows in Florida out of the gate doe.

Comment

Top Rank makes sense because of the Olympic rivalry with Stevenson who he beat. Otherwise sign with whoever hands him the biggest check lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        Awesome! Should go with Top Rank or Matchroom. Both can keep him active - Top Rank can also promote him as opponent for Conlan and Shakur.
        Glad that He made it!
        Yeah Top Rank would be the best fit right now

Comment

And are we sure like other cuban fighters who defect that he doesn't already have a sleazy third party promoter that he had to sign with to help bring him to the US? Because those middle men are a headache for major promoters to deal with.

Comment

Hopefully he goes with Matchroom. Eddie would help promote him and he just has more dates available.
            Matchroom is the best choice. Top Rank is going to favor Stevenson over him.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
              Hopefully he goes with Matchroom. Eddie would help promote him and he just has more dates available.
              Matchroom is the best choice. Top Rank is going to favor Stevenson over him.
              I'm not very impressed with how Matchroom has handled Yeleussinov so far. I feel like Top Rank's match-makers are the best in the game at moving prospects along progressively

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                I'm not very impressed with how Matchroom has handled Yeleussinov so far. I feel like Top Rank's match-makers are the best in the game at moving prospects along progressively
                They could definitely do a better job with Yeleussinov, but Daniyar has himself to blame a little as well. His second and third fights were a little underwhelming. He won every minute of the fights, but people just expected more. I enjoyed them but others did not.
                I like how he was throwing combos and and going to the body in his fourth fight though; something he didn't do much in his previous fights. He is a quick learner. Already adapting to professional boxing.
                He just fought this month and already has a fight scheduled for November. If everything goes well Daniyar may even fight again in December. Then he could step up in competition next year.

Hopefully Matchroom starts to hyping up Daniyar more. I believe he is their best prospect.
                I'm sure they will, but only time will tell.

If Matchroom signs Robeisy they will have two of the best amateurs post Lomachenko, in Yeleussinov and Ramirez. I doubt they will take that for granted.
                I would much rather have Robeisy sign with Matchroom. They will keep him more active and he won't have to play second to someone else. Top Rank's main priority is Stevenson. Plus, if Robeisy isn't happy with Matchroom, I doubt Matchroom would give him a hard time, unlike Top Rank.
                Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 10-31-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  And are we sure like other cuban fighters who defect that he doesn't already have a sleazy third party promoter that he had to sign with to help bring him to the US? Because those middle men are a headache for major promoters to deal with.
                  LOL yea true. This cat probably already signed some 22 year deal with some 2nd rate scam artist. These Cuban dudes aren't the brightest with their deal making abilities & thats saying something in a business where the standard trends towards bad deals.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    Eh. I think its early to make that criticism with these Matchroom USA guys. I think Matchroom UK moves there guys well & similar if not better than Top Rank. One of my issues with Top Rank is I think they move guys a lil too slow at times.

The one thing TR does specifically better then most is they build up good in house opponents for the guy they are looking to try to bump bigger/wider/more mainstream.

Comment

Working...
                    X