No announcement yet.

I'm sick of fighters daring to be great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sick of fighters daring to be great

Canelo vs Khan, GGG vs Brook, Loma vs Rigo... Why would Mikey vs Spence be any different? I'm all for fighters taking on a challenge but I'm way, way over the jumping up two divisions bull****. It never works out for the smaller guy but they just keep doing these stupid fights.....

Mikey was maxed out at 140 looking flabby. Move up one division at a damn time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Canelo vs Khan, GGG vs Brook, Loma vs Rigo... Why would Mikey vs Spence be any different? I'm all for fighters taking on a challenge but I'm way, way over the jumping up two divisions bull****. It never works out for the smaller guy but they just keep doing these stupid fights.....
      Why wouldn' they. They have the built in excuse that they're too small after they get stopped.

Every one of those fights that was the talk here. Garcia will get beat up but will get a nice payday and a pass for giving it a shot. He could be fighting Lomachenko at his own weight but if he gets beat there's no excuse

Comment

Didn’t Mikey win two titles at 140? How would he be moving up two weight classes? He’s too big for 135 and y’all been complaining about him fighting small guys for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Why wouldn' they. They have the built in excuse that they're too small after they get stopped.

Every one of those fights that was the talk here. Garcia will get beat up but will get a nice payday and a pass for giving it a shot. He could be fighting Lomachenko at his own weight but if he gets beat there's no excuse
          Lomachenco is not ready

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

Rigo was a little boogeyman before he lost to Loma and now everybody hates on him. Brook broke a damn eye socket against Golovkin. Khan got brutally destroyed. Stocks drop after these losses.

Comment

Mikey could really get hurt. Bad.

Comment

Shane Mosley was the last successful lightweight to jump to welterweight and beat a great fighter that I can remember. But I believe PEDs were involved.

Comment

Yes, from a fan perspective I agree. I don't want to see "big" fights that are mismatches, give me competitive fights, no matter the level, that's all I want. I'd much rather see Commey get a shot at Mikey and see what he can do

Comment

Mikey would beat Khan & Brook. & out of the 3 he will succeed in being great.

Comment

Working...
                    X