No announcement yet.

A real analysis of Chris Eubank Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

168 version of Adrian Broner

Amazing Bravado, have the looking and the characteristics of a SUPERSTAR BUT in the ring I watched him FREEZE UP in the biggest fights of his career TWICE. First vs BJS and of course the Groves fight in which both fights he just wouldn't let his hands go...SOUNDS FAMILIAR?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post

Eubank Sr. watching his son's fights with his half vision.
      I think his dad thinks his son looks better than anyone on the wall mounted pads firing punches like machine gun.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        I think his dad thinks his son looks better than anyone on the wall mounted pads firing punches like machine gun.
        Yeah tbh Eubank has very explosive hands on that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Amazing Bravado, have the looking and the characteristics of a SUPERSTAR BUT in the ring I watched him FREEZE UP in the biggest fights of his career TWICE. First vs BJS and of course the Groves fight in which both fights he just wouldn't let his hands go...SOUNDS FAMILIAR?
          Well... not exactly.. . He started poorly in the Saunders fight, mostly because he was fishing for that ****** left hook of his, but turned it up in the 2nd half and finished strong in what was a very close fight. He definitely started letting his hands go.

Against Groves though, he was definitely exposed as a guy who spent too much of his career facing mediocre opposition and lacked growth. I consider Groves to be pretty shot, and to see Eubank look so lost told me that he's not going anywhere.

I watched his first few pro fights and thought he had such potential but the guy never grew as a fighter. Such a waste. I think most of the blame is on not getting proper coaching and direction. His dad's control did the opposite of what intended.

Comment

Blame Eubank Sr. he's just looking for attention through his son career.

Comment

Eubank Jr

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Hell no! The kid has no fundamentals, he’s 29 years old and doesn’t know how to utilise a jab.😂😂
              Hence, a better trainer

Comment

Originally posted by CrowsNestWest View Post
                Hence, a better trainer
                A better trainer would make little difference at this point, he’s developed way too many bad habits and he’s nearly 30.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

He does let his hands go...but when he does, he just misses alot lol

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    He does let his hands go...but when he does, he just misses alot lol
                    yeah he does miss a lot because he is try to counter with Power Shots without Popping a Jab or something to set them up

Quick Example of "Freezing Up And Not Letting His Hands Go"

again more hesitation...

Damn even worse than I originally remembered, Groves made a complete fool of him

But vs Inferior Opponents he throws punches and bunches and looks incredible...

Comment

There's a documentary where Senior is urging a young Chris, aged around 13 or 14 I believe, not to box, but Chris is insistent and begging his dad to train him. It's not as if Sr forced him to box and was trying to mould him into his own image, not at all. I still think Jr has a lot to offer if he stays grounded and takes a more practical approach to his training. For starters, admit his weaknesses and get a trainer who isn't afraid to point them out.

Comment

Working...
                      X