Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner - Jan 19 - Showtime PPV - Las Vegas - WBA Regular

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll order it. PPV is getting harder to sell these days, this one likely does between 300 - 400K sales.

Comment

I was hoping this would end up on Fox.

Comment

phuck it! might order it... or might not.. lets see how they look in training first and the build up to the fight, if it's worth buying it or streaming it instead.

Comment

Annoying that Broner keeps getting these big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
            Why though? A lot of his fights end up being exciting because he is so flat footed and he does top notch ratings. Only Wilder does better ratings than him at SHO. Those two combinations lead to him getting these fights. You get/earn what your worth is.

Comment

Of course I'll buy, but dont think its ppv, will see the undercards

Comment

January is a notoriously bad month for PPV (I assume cuz the NFL playoffs cut into your potential audience) & you'll rarely hear of any notable name PPV's in that month. So weird choice here to say the least, but I'm not surprised cuz PBC makes weird ass choices. Whatever number of buys they would get in a more favorable time of year they are probably gonna do 1/2 to 1/3 that in this spot.

The all time PPV record for January is 750k buys (Tyson vs Botha in 1999) & only 3 January PPV's have done 500k+ buys.

That said Manny & Broner might be so money hungry they couldn't make this fight without the PPV upside so it might not be just about weird ass PBC choices that this is a PPV in Jan. & expect Broner to be in overdrive with trying to sell this fight during the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
                  People love to see him lose I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    January is a notoriously bad month for PPV (I assume cuz the NFL playoffs cut into your potential audience) & you'll rarely hear of any notable name PPV's in that month. So weird choice here to say the least, but I'm not surprised cuz PBC makes weird ass choices. Whatever number of buys they would get in a more favorable time of year they are probably gonna do 1/2 to 1/3 that in this spot.

The all time PPV record for January is 750k buys (Tyson vs Botha in 1999) & only 3 January PPV's have done 500k+ buys.

That said Manny & Broner might be so money hungry they couldn't make this fight without the PPV upside so it might not be just about weird ass PBC choices that this is a PPV in Jan. & expect Broner to be in overdrive with trying to sell this fight during the next few months.
                    it should be ok.. most nfl games on a saturday night are over by the time the under card starts anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

There won't be any games on the 19th. I'm not sure of all these boxing myths they throw out of how January is such a bad PPV month or December is a bad PPV month and you can't get boxing on during college football etc. I want to see some data back that up. UFC puts on PPVs late in December and they do just fine. Crawford card drew big numbers a few weeks ago. So lets see if this card really flops or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X