Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo vs. Monroe, Charlo vs. Harrison - Finalized For 12/22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    Except people were saying that with the Centeno fight. Are we supposed to be ok with fight a ***** opponent, get criticized for being inactive, fight a ***** opponent and repeat.
    Gotta have willing QUALITY Dance Partners too though, am I missing something are they ducking quality opponents to make these fights. Who exactly is calling out the Charlo Brothers to fight and is serious about it? The Jermall Charlo vs Hurd fight is in the back pocket that is going to happen but list some other opponents maybe I'm missing them Both Fighters are Top 5 within their Belt Organization...in fact their both #5 by the WBC at 160 and 154

Not defending these fights and I damn sure won't try to make them seem bigger than what they are HOWEVER it is not like they're turning down better fight opportunities to make these instead

So do we want fighters ACTIVE or we want them sitting around being inactive and only fighting when Quality Opponents want to fight them
    Last edited by sicko; 10-23-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      These fights have nothing to do with what's good for the fighters just what's good for Al Haymon. Haymon is sacrificing his fighters financial well being, their prime years and their legacy and for what? So that Al Haymon can form a monopoly and choke out the competition, not for the fighters but for AL.

We can all thank big Al.
      Hey you stupid moron, we just had Danny Garcia vs Porter and Wilder vs Fury coming up In December, we had Leo Santa Cruz vs Mares, why don’t you talk about the trash Eddie Sperm put together in Chicago and Boston, bum bashes, get a life you nit wit

Comment

• Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        I’m not sure how to break things down in a quote like you did, but the majority of casuals In boxing are normal fans/spectators of other sports. The watch football every Sunday they watch basketball when it’s on, they only watch boxing once or twice a year.
        That might be a sizable number of casual fans, but I think the majority of casuals are watching boxing more often than that. I think they are catching that random Broner fight. That Spence fight. The Bud vs Jose fight a couple weeks back. There aren't planning for these fights or anything like we might do or like the 1 or 2 fight a year casuals, but when they come across them on TV I feel like they check them out.

Idk how either of us could really prove our opinion doe, but I feel like the fact that good ratings on TV usually get in the 1.2M+ range & good PPV's these days are doing the same numbers in buys suggest casual fans are more spread out then you think among more events. If most casual fans were just into the biggest fights I'd suspect PPV numbers would be better. Although in your defense there is no accounting for how many people are in the home watching the big PPV fight either so 1.2M buys don't = 1.2M people watching. The number of people watching is likely 3x-5x+.

About them knowing a competitive matchup. Absolutely not. They tune in to watch mayweather lose because they obviously sense a competitive match up. They couldn’t be wronger. If they could sense a good match up or knew what a food fight was ward/kos would have sold millions of PPvs.
        Well I'm not saying they can predict whats a competitive fight like we do or try to do cuz no one is 100% on calling that. I'm saying if they turn on the TV & a fight is competitive they know its competitive & they enjoy competitive back n forth athletic events, boxing included.

Boxing casuals care about 2 things. Name recognition and KOs. I think your giving the general boxing way to much credit for their ignorance of the sport. But we have different opinions and that’s ok
        I don't disagree with you that fans care about those two things I'd just throw in a 3rd & that would be competitive fights. And personally I'd rank them 1)Name 2)competitiveness & 3)KO's based on what I hear when I talk to casual boxing fans.

And honestly thats all I talk to about boxing is casuals outside of this forum cuz no one outside of this forum (& other boxing forums) know sh^t about boxing. And I've heard cats say they don't watch the fights as much today as they used to cuz top guys don't fight like they used to a million damn times I feel like. If casuals were just into boxing for KO's they'd be watching every damn weekend cuz there are KO's in boxing all the time. Competitive matchups are rarer & I've seen entire cards on TV (let alone club shows/live events) where the whole red corner you could predict was going to win & then you saw all of them win in uncompetitive fights all night long. Thats not exciting for people just waiting for the KO. Its fulfilling when it happens sure for that second or two, but a competitive fight is more fulfilling for longer. Competitive fights breeds more casual fans who turn into hardcore fans then KO's do in my estimation.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          Yeah ok, keep dreaming dude. Canelo is the biggest star in boxing he doesn't have to listen to any of these sanctioning bodies telling him who to fight. How many mandatory challengers did Mayweather and Pacquiao face when they were on top?
          Floyd fought Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero as mandatory defenses. Add in Floyd's time at 154lbs, and the Maidana unification and you've run out of spots for other Floyd mandatories.

Pacquiao fought for the bull**** WBO, so it's not even worth talking about when their scattershot approach.

Canelo has his voluntary in December, and he owes the WBC his next fight against their opponent. Unify with a fellow champion or fight the WBC's challenger.

Otherwise, he's getting stripped

Comment

• Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
            If you look at canleo’s body of work I don’t think Canelo has ducked anyone. “win or lose” in the public eye Canelo has fought all top guys in What ever weight class he’s in
            Since the Mayweather ass whooppin. He's only fought walking punching bags. No way he gets in there with Jacobs, Andrade and definitely not with Charlo.

Comment

• Both Charlo sisters fighting bums, whats new?

Comment

• Since the Mayweather ass whooppin. He's only fought walking punching bags. No way he gets in there with Jacobs, Andrade and definitely not with Charlo. 🥊

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  Both Charlo sisters fighting bums, whats new?
                  That loser on you sig photo ducked Charlo

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    What a trash card to kick off the new deal with fox. Jermell vs Trout in a rematch or vs Lara would be better than this crap. Harrison won’t last 5 rounds with his chinny azz.

We already know Monroe can’t hang with the best after gettingg ktfo and quitting g vs GGG and getting schooled by BJS.

Jermall should be getting flak for us absolute trash 160 pound resume. Once this joke of a fight is over he needs to get Eddie on the phone ASAP and sign with DAZN.

He has Canelo Jacobs and Andrade waiting for him at DAZN. That’s at least 3 big fights. If y’all gonna y’all smack about crawford resigning with top rank u gotta do the same about Jermall not going to DAZN yet where he can get those big fights
                    Eddie’s trying to build his stable.. looking good so far.. he got all the belts at 160 now... Charlo will probably have to fight on Dazn to get a title shot.. eddie could host his own supersix tournament at 160. CHARLO WILL DERAIL ALL DAZN FIGHTERS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Floyd fought Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero as mandatory defenses. Add in Floyd's time at 154lbs, and the Maidana unification and you've run out of spots for other Floyd mandatories.

Pacquiao fought for the bull**** WBO, so it's not even worth talking about when their scattershot approach.

Canelo has his voluntary in December, and he owes the WBC his next fight against their opponent. Unify with a fellow champion or fight the WBC's challenger.

Otherwise, he's getting stripped
                      Victor Ortiz was the WBC champion when he fought Floyd. Floyd was the challenger in that scenario. I just doubt that the WBC will press Canelo on any mandatories any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X