Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo vs. Monroe, Charlo vs. Harrison - Finalized For 12/22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These fights are not as bad as Canelo fighting a make believe boxer called Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      both these fights are TERRIBLE. And I hate the double mint twins act. These dudes should both be fighting better competition and headlining their own cards to build their own identity. It's bad enough that hard core fans can barely remember and tell them apart. You don't know how many times someone will quote a fight for the wrong brother on these boards. Good luck getting casual fans to tell the difference. Pairing them together just comes of as cheap and gimmicky.

I can kinda of give Jermall a pass for the weak opponent he's just trying to stay busy while he waits on GGG to decide if he going to duck him or not and GGG said he ain't fighting again until March-May 2019. So Jermall decision was either take a stay busy fight or sit out until 2019 to hear GGG's decision. Jermell no excuses Haymon has damn near all the top guys at 154 this is hot garbage. At least Jermall can say I have no choice waiting for WBC because all the best fighters and belt holders at 160 are across the street.
      Only fight that matters at 154 is Charlo/Hurd and Hurd taking a tuneup to test out his surgically repaired shoulder..... hopefully we get Charlo/ggg and Charlo/Hurd early spring

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        Seems to me you're really saying "since others criticized Crawford, I get to criticize Charlo", even though by your own logic you shouldn't criticize Charlo.

At this stage, why would Charlo fight a tough fight when he gets either GGG or Alvarez next. What non-DAZN fighter is he going to fight as a stay busy fight until the MW picture unfolds?
        why did ggg fight lemieux and jacobs when he "got" canelo next? because he didn't get canelo next necessarily just like charlo doesn't get any big fight necessarily. these guys can easily delay and or drop the belt instead of fighting him. He's a relative unknown and the reason he should fight bigger names and known guys is to raise his profile thus putting more pressure and making it harder from a monetary sense to just avoid him

Comment

Monroe manager deserves a huge raise. The fact that he landed ANOTHER title fight after stinking out his first 2 tries is mind boggling

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            Wait wasn’t his previous two fights vs Heiland and Centeno showcase fights? He will have now wasted two years his entire run at middleweight is a joke. No way wbc strips Canelo. He brings too much money to the table. Canelo won’t really stay at 68. Andrade is ready to go in January.

DAZN has all the middleweights ang might still get ggg. Thats where Charlo needs to go. Even if Canelo got stripped Charlo would have a Belt but no opponents.
            Dazn has canelo and Andrade as belt holders that’s it... Sergiy knocking Jacobs out on saturday and will take ibf, if canelo not unifying with Andrade if he goes back down to 160 he has to fight Charlo or be stripped they already said only way ggg gets a canelo shot if he beats Charlo and becomes mando to belt so Charlo doesn’t need to sign with dazn to get his title shot

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              as long as u are saying Mall should sign a 3-4 fight deal with DAZN we are in agreement.

Crawford has a belt in a more deep division and doesn’t have many options. Same with Mall. He can get that belt and still doesn’t have any options except wait for Hurd to move up. Just having a belt doesn’t change the fact all the top moddles roll with DAZN. That’s where Mall needs to go. Sign for 4 fights Canelo Andrade and Jacobs plus one rematch. Nothing at pbc even equals 10% of that payday and legacy type fights.
              Okay, glad you're admitting Crawford made a mistake.

It is arguable that WW is deeper, but lets say it is. They have bigger name fighters than at MW excluding Canelo/GGG. Is Jacobs a bigger name than Spence or Crawford or Garcia? Is Derevyanchenko a big name fighter? Is Andrade a big name fighter? No, so those types of fighters will be more enticed with a title shot than some of the welters. Danny Garcia doesn't necessarily need to fight for the belt and he will be fine. But can you say that about Derevyanchenko? Is the belt going to help Jermall get GGG or Canelo? Probably not, but the others? Sure.

Haymon isn't just going to give Charlo up as that will be one of the main guys he pushes with the new FOX series and the SHO extension. But if it is for one fight, or even possibly two, I don't see why not. Charlo could potentially bring back a belt and then have some of the middleweights come to him. But as for Haymon giving him up for four fights? Good luck with that.

Comment

hopefully he kos monroe early, guy is so bad

also canelo better not duck him next

Comment

Come on, you guys are turning into Jermell and Jermall Hobo

The Hobo brothers

Come on man, fight some comp
                  Last edited by True That; 10-23-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Not impressed at all. I like the Charlo’s but when are you going to stick them in a real dog fight.... I don’t want to hear the moniker lions only until uncle Al stop treating them like kuala bears and give them fierce completion. Willie f#ucking munroe ( don’t get me wrong I like jr personally but he is washed)

Furthermore last time I saw Charlo he was calling out Danny Jacob at the Barclay centre for an hour . Talking about when he sees him it’s on then he allowed a guy in a Hawaiian shirt and slippers walk up to him and slap him on his chest and tell him he doesn’t earn s#hit....... Now this

Comment

• You got to be f@$#ing kidding me....

Comment

Working...
                      X