Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Erupts: Wilder Wants 60-40 For Joshua? F*** Off!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    When have I denied it?

here......

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    I personally don't recognize the WBA or WBO

Comment

• Originally posted by landotter View Post
      Can't we all just ignore all of them? Please????

We can see the real champions based on who they fight and who they beat. I really think boxing has outgrown these organizations. Wish promoters and boxers felt the same way.

been doing that for years

it is ridiculous to rate one of them over another..... when NONE of them are definitive

why pick something flawed ?

that would be called a turd-polishing contest, which is a silly game

Comment

• Originally posted by R01 View Post
        Lol, pretty sure he’ll settle for 40-60 though.

Not many people in North America give a f about AJ though. AJ only brings UK fans.
        Who gives a F what US fans think, UK is where it's at.

And Joshua is the A side, Wilder is an unknown, even stateside.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          here......
          Since when do I decide what the industry recognizes? Just because I personally only recognize the WBC and IBF doesn't change the fact that the sport chooses to recognized the WBC, IBF, WBA and WBO.

Comment

it is ridiculous to rate one of them over another..... when NONE of them are definitive
            Doesn't matter what you or I rate them. The marketplace decides that for itself. For various reasons, the marketplace has clearly decided the WBC world championship is the most respected, recognized and valued and the WBO world championship is the least respected, recognized and valued.

If they're all worthless to you, no problem. I'm personally rooting for them to all go out of business.

Comment

Since when do I decide what the industry recognizes? Just because I personally only recognize the WBC and IBF doesn't change the fact that the sport chooses to recognized the WBC, IBF, WBA and WBO.

yep, true

Comment

Doesn't matter what you or I rate them. The marketplace decides that for itself. For various reasons, the marketplace has clearly decided the WBC world championship is the most respected, recognized and valued and the WBO world championship is the least respected, recognized and valued.

If they're all worthless to you, no problem. I'm personally rooting for them to all go out of business.

link..... ?

on this site, most fans are still gagging over the way Sulaiman threw Golovkin under a bus without even removing his lips from Canelo's.....

in many (most?) divisions, the WBC do not have the top fighter

why should I believe in something flawed again ?

most people respect The Ring more than the WBC..... and The Ring are also flawed

Comment

on this site, most fans are still gagging over the way Sulaiman threw Golovkin under a bus without even removing his lips from Canelo's.....
                  Canelo, the biggest cash cow in boxing, was stripped by the WBC for refusing to face GGG. Something many insisted the WBC would never do. But they kept their word, even though it took money out of their pocket. GGG fans have no right to complain about the WBC. They bent over backwards by allowing GGG to unify his world titles with the WBC's interim title, something usually not allowed and they kept their word and awarded GGG the WBC world championship when Canelo wouldn't fight him.

How in the world was GGG thrown under the bus by the WBC?!?

in many (most?) divisions, the WBC do not have the top fighter
                  They cater to the big stars and the big stars aren't always the best fighters. The WBC's prestige doesn't come from necessarily always having the top fighter, their prestige comes from having been formed by soooooo many countries around the world, having the NYSAC title merged into their title, being founded by the EBU, which dates back to the IBU, being founded by the BBBoC, which dates back to the NSC, etc etc.

It's hard for the IBF & WBO to compete when they didn't exist for so many of the biggest fights of all time. In many places around the world, the WBC and the WBA will always be held in higher esteem due to being the originals and the WBC has an advantage because the NYSAC title was more respected than the NBA title, and the WBA had a huge bribery scandal that exposed all their ratings being bought and paid for, while the WBC has never had a bribery scandal.

All of the organizations are awful and I hope they go out of business, but the WBC has done a great job of marketing that green and gold belt and that's the belt fighters grow up dreaming of winning. That's the belt that's been involved in most of the biggest fights of all time.

The WBC also has the advantage of their heavyweight champions being undefeated in unification fights. Which helped enhance the idea that the WBC championship was the true championship of boxing.

Comment

Canelo, the biggest cash cow in boxing, was stripped by the WBC for refusing to face GGG. Something many insisted the WBC would never do. But they kept their word, even though it took money out of their pocket. GGG fans have no right to complain about the WBC. They bent over backwards by allowing GGG to unify his world titles with the WBC's interim title, something usually not allowed and they kept their word and awarded GGG the WBC world championship when Canelo wouldn't fight him.

How in the world was GGG thrown under the bus by the WBC?!?

They cater to the big stars and the big stars aren't always the best fighters. The WBC's prestige doesn't come from necessarily always having the top fighter, their prestige comes from having been formed by soooooo many countries around the world, having the NYSAC title merged into their title, being founded by the EBU, which dates back to the IBU, being founded by the BBBoC, which dates back to the NSC, etc etc.

It's hard for the IBF & WBO to compete when they didn't exist for so many of the biggest fights of all time. In many places around the world, the WBC and the WBA will always be held in higher esteem due to being the originals and the WBC has an advantage because the NYSAC title was more respected than the NBA title, and the WBA had a huge bribery scandal that exposed all their ratings being bought and paid for, while the WBC has never had a bribery scandal.

All of the organizations are awful and I hope they go out of business, but the WBC has done a great job of marketing that green and gold belt and that's the belt fighters grow up dreaming of winning. That's the belt that's been involved in most of the biggest fights of all time.

The WBC also has the advantage of their heavyweight champions being undefeated in unification fights. Which helped enhance the idea that the WBC championship was the true championship of boxing.

FACT: in many (most?) divisions, the WBC do not have the top fighter

so..... why should I believe in something flawed again ?

you LITERALLY just told me that something that is not definitive, should not be favored as highly as something else..... that is not definitive either

you just recommended a lemon

I will pass, thanks..... enjoy your lemon

Comment

• Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
                      A win over current Fury means less than beating Wlad, even at 41. A win over current Fury means about the same as Joshua beating Parker in their unification fight: not much at all.

If Wilder-Fury does extremely good numbers, the a 60-40 split is reasonable. How is Joshua earning 60% in a Wilder fight unreasonable? He brings to the table a belt and an unbeaten record, just like Parker.

The only real difference is the threat level, which is much higher against Wilder, and that sells. Still, no way in hell Wilder deserves 45% against Joshua.

Wilder is a dumb ****. He should accept a 35 split and put Joshua to sleep, then lowball them in the rematch negotiations. I’m pretty convince that Wilder would destroy him; too stiff to stop Wilder from doing real damage early in the fight.
                      It's not about the money, there will be only one face, name in the division bla bla bla....
                      The brother is looking for a retirement pay. Too much media talk no action.

Comment

Working...
                      X