Comments Thread For: Arum: Linear/Stream Combo Gives ESPN Advantage Over DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
    Loma Crawford probably. At like 144
    You got me early before I had a couple other gems... check out my remix post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
      ESPN can promote ESPN events on any of their channels,
      and probably on other Disney-owned channels,
      but DAZN can also buy advertising on TV, magazines, radio,
      websites, and elsewhere. They already seem to be doing
      a reasonable job of promoting their service as I've recently
      been seeing many television commercials for DAZN in Canada.
      We haven't seen much of anything about it here. I've seen a few ads on Twitter and YouTube that's pretty much it.

Comment

The way all they platforms charge for fights now and days it better be worth it. $9 for DAZN - $11 for Showtime, 5 for ESPN+ and Fox is free.

Comment

DAZN has Canelo and Joshua. U already know who is the number 1 network in boxing.

Comment

Right now where we are Bob's not wrong. But how people view sh^t is changing more & more & I think his advantage right now might not be an advantage in 12 months or 24 months or somewhere along the line moving forward.

Comment

Not when you don't stream every fight on ESPN+!

Comment

DAZN has been promoting their shows on Sunday Night football games on NBC along with other networks. They are promoting just fine, but of course ESPN has the advantage of being on a MUCH larger platform and having lead ins like NCAA football games. When it comes to marketing and the promotional aspect of it, DAZN is doing a really solid job.

Comment

Bob's right, the combination of a linear platform at ESPN, combined with a streaming service ESPN+, gives his company the clear advantage of DAZN, which is strictly a streaming app.

Streaming alone will bring to an end the nonstop PPV's and yes, it is the future. It may take another decade to relegate all linear platform as irrelevant.
                  Last edited by factsarenice; 10-20-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                    DAZN has Canelo and Joshua. U already know who is the number 1 network in boxing.
                    DAZN certainly owns the middle and heavy weights and soon more in-between. PBC had the welter weights and maybe the light middle but they never had the money fighter in either division. PBC signed Pac and DAZN picked up Canelo, one has a future the other is past. Floyd is with PBC but he doesn't fight prime competition so other than a pay check for Al Haymon Floyd's affiliation doesn't help others on the PBC roster.

Comment

Dazn only has steaming,everyone can't steam,that is BOB's point ESPN is on tv also,no buffering.

Comment

Working...
                      X