Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Crawford-Spence Fight Could Be Made in 3 Hours!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
    Arum is blowing smoke as usual. Crawford is running out of opponents in Bob's stable.

Here is what Crawford said only about 3 months ago:

"In the future, it will happen," Terence told TMZ Sports.

"But right now, you know, we've got other fights until that one gets bigger."
    We just want to know what Errol Spence has to say about this, you know considering that he claims nobody is willing to fight him. Thanks anyways.

Comment

ESPN pushing for the fight..it'll happen...

ESPN needs the PPV money and Bob wants the money so Spence vs Crawford will happen. Arum signed a deal with ESPN so they want to make money and Crawford is more than willing to fight. Win lose or draw Crawford still can fight Porter, Garcia and a host of other welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        We just want to know what Errol Spence has to say about this, you know considering that he claims nobody is willing to fight him. Thanks anyways.
        Here is the latest I could find of back and forth between Spence and Crawford.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/boxin...s1s6ttnyg7o0kh

Comment

Spencer is shook

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
            Spencer is shook

Sounds a little troll like to me. Neither Spence or Crawford are "shook". Both basically said the same thing as far as letting the fight build, and both admitted it will happen when the time is right. I can't see either guy ducking anyone in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              Sounds a little troll like to me. Neither Spence or Crawford are "shook". Both basically said the same thing as far as letting the fight build, and both admitted it will happen when the time is right. I can't see either guy ducking anyone in the division.
              The rest of my post cut off, odd

All you are getting is roadblocks from spender

Crawford has achieved
              More in boxing, spencer should be wanting to fight the best not making reasons not too

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                He should not have to but we all know he would have to fight on DAZN to get those fights. Canelo is not going anywhere and now Hearn will use the power Canelo brings to keep the belts going around between those 3 and shutting Charlo out unless he wants to fight on DAZN.
                Charlo can force the fight to bid, force Golden Boy to up the money for the one fight, and since it's a mandatory, there's no shenanigans on it either.

I firmly believe that Jermall Charlo wants to be middleweight champion more than he cares about fighting Canelo. He's still young, has an easy 6-7 more years before the body starts to fail him, and he may just have enough hubris to think that he can build himself into a superstar anyway on his own.

Golovkin simply wanted the money fight; talk all the **** he did about wanting to be the undisputed champion or whatever, he chased Martinez, chased and waited on Alvarez, and chased and waited on Canelo.

He's not going to turn down a Canelo fight, but Jermall Charlo has made it clear that he's not going to derail his career waiting on it.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  So many in here think Arum is bluffing. He might be doing just that. To find out though we will need some sign from the PBC side that he is bluffing. Right now the silence from them is deafening.
                  There's no need to say anything; Arum will gin stuff up now, but in not all that much time, he's going to make the announcement that Terence Crawford's next fight is going to be against Kavailuaskas (?) and the boxing world will go 'wtf?'.

Errol has already said what he's said, he'll likely finalize a fight for December/January that'll likely set up the Porter unification fight for the Spring (with Keith Thurman back at some point in that time), and he'll handle his business without giving Arum any chance to link anything to what he's doing.

Let Arum sell the 'Mean Machine' fight for the Spring, and then try to sell Bes***** for the summer, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Charlo can force the fight to bid, force Golden Boy to up the money for the one fight, and since it's a mandatory, there's no shenanigans on it either.

I firmly believe that Jermall Charlo wants to be middleweight champion more than he cares about fighting Canelo. He's still young, has an easy 6-7 more years before the body starts to fail him, and he may just have enough hubris to think that he can build himself into a superstar anyway on his own.

Golovkin simply wanted the money fight; talk all the **** he did about wanting to be the undisputed champion or whatever, he chased Martinez, chased and waited on Alvarez, and chased and waited on Canelo.

He's not going to turn down a Canelo fight, but Jermall Charlo has made it clear that he's not going to derail his career waiting on it.
                    We are talking about the WBC here.. shenanigans will be a certainty. They will pull some kind of BS and make Canelo some kind of super duper champion and let Charlo fight someone else for a title.

I haven't heard anything out of Charlos camp about a possible GGG fight yet but I assume they know GGG is gonna fight elsewhere then chase the 3rd Canelo fight late next year. I wanna see the big fights as much as anyone but having most the guys at DAZN now doesn't bode well for Charlo unless he can fight over there instead of a PBC show.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
                      ESPN needs the PPV money and Bob wants the money so Spence vs Crawford will happen. Arum signed a deal with ESPN so they want to make money and Crawford is more than willing to fight. Win lose or draw Crawford still can fight Porter, Garcia and a host of other welterweights.
                      ESPN can push all they want; 50/50 of the 7% that the distributors are entitled to, after fronting all the money (when Bob Arum locked Crawford into an beyond-value guaranteed deal), on a fight that likely doesn't do near a million homes, doesn't seem all that sensible to me.

If anything, ESPN will see the 'Mean Machine' fight, see the other fights that happen around it, tell Arum to sit the **** down, and end up with Showtime/CBS and ESPN doing a fight swap; Lomachenko-Mikey on ESPN+/ESPN PPV and Spence-Crawford on Showtime PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X