Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Scaling Canelo's DAZN money to his 3 previous fights seems risky to me
    I don't think its risky at all.

Canelo is getting $365M for 11 fights which will start in Dec. 2018 & go until Sept 2023 potentially.

Thats 58 months. So basically Canelo needs to steer an average of 629,941 subscribers to DAZN per month during the duration of his deal for DAZN to break even.

58mos x $9.99 = $579.42 x 629,941 people = $365M

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      Just thinking on this...

Haymon :
      1. Negotiated Mayweather's deal of 6 fights/200M from Showtime (which eventually led to seeing Mayweather making north of $600M)
      2. Has current PBC TV deals at Showtime/ Fox worth north of $380M over 4 years (Sho - 3 years/$60M: Fox 4 years/$60M)

Arum:
      1. Has a TV deal with ESPN worth $350M over seven years (7 years/$50M)

Hearn:
      1. Has a Sky Sports deal that has resulted in Mathroom Ltd. grossing north of $100M annually now.
      2. Has AJ making $40M/year
      3. Has locked in DAZN for $125M/ 2 years, with a DAZN option for 8 years (could be worth over $1B in rights fees)

I think it's safe to say all of those guys are doing pretty well too lol

Boxing is in a good place. Good time for fighters
      LOL, but good luck convincing some of these mfers this. Sh^t man just a couple weeks ago people were talking about how effed Oscar & Canelo was. I thought that sounded crazy then...its really sounding crazy today.

But yea no one is having trouble right now. I think this is the most money I've seen in boxing since I've been a fan.

Comment

Dam, DAZN making boss moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Somebody will be complaining soon. DZZY is daffy. 365 mil for 11 fights. I don't think Canoe has that many money makers left. This contract must be riddled with escape clauses.
          Damn talk about being a hater?!
          What part of $365 million GUARANTEE don't you understand???
          Last edited by BigStomps; 10-18-2018, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Damn too many fuccing haters on here that are bothered with Canelo getting paid and saying the contract will crumble after he loses and saying the contract has escape clauses and blah blah blah...
            I guess they too stupid to understand what $365 million GUARANTEED means!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Calvin View Post
              It is annoying that DAZN is only really available in the US though. I would be happy to pay for it if I could get it.
              same here, cheaper than the box office ppvs we got to pay in UK

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Mouth View Post
                A couple of losses and the deal will crumble. Meanwhile AJ will be wishing he signed with DAZN instead of Matchroom.
                How much AJ getting from DAZN? Guy probably thinking of switching to GBP

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I don't think its risky at all.

Canelo is getting $365M for 11 fights which will start in Dec. 2018 & go until Sept 2023 potentially.

Thats 58 months. So basically Canelo needs to steer an average of 629,941 subscribers to DAZN per month during the duration of his deal for DAZN to break even.

58mos x $9.99 = $579.42 x 629,941 people = $365M
                  Only 630k every month for 5 years? They better have Canelo fighting once a month

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Eddie didn't sign anybody.

Why do you people post like Eddie is running DAZN? Lol

Did you miss the pictures of Skipper? You know the guy who actually runs the app that oscar negotiated the deal with.

They have deals with Bellator, Matchroom, and now GBP. Eddie isn't running anything there.

Since you like pictures so much. Here.

Where's Oscar? Why is Hearn there when he's not supposed to be involved? Why is Hearn retweeting DAZN USA and Canelo regarding this announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Calvin View Post
                      It is annoying that DAZN is only really available in the US though. I would be happy to pay for it if I could get it.
                      Never knew this until last week. I thought it was available in the U.K. too.

Comment

Working...
                      X