Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The $1 Billion Question - Does Hearn Still Have His Billion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The $1 Billion Question - Does Hearn Still Have His Billion?

Does Hearn still have his billion or has Oscar just taken a large chunk? If this GBP deal comes out of a separate pot then Hearn is now in a seriously strong position.

Why wouldn't he?

He has delivered the 2 biggest draws in boxing to DAZN within a few months.

If anything they may give him more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
      Does Hearn still have his billion or has Oscar just taken a large chunk? If this GBP deal comes out of a separate pot then Hearn is now in a seriously strong position.
      Eddie Hearn has yet to deliver on anything that he's promised to DAZN, and now DAZN was able to finalize a deal with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez ($36.5m per fight for the US TV rights, basically locks in Canelo at averaging 1m homes per fight for the next ten fights on PPV) without Eddie Hearn bringing it to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Eddie Hearn has yet to deliver on anything that he's promised to DAZN, and now DAZN was able to finalize a deal with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez ($36.5m per fight for the US TV rights, basically locks in Canelo at averaging 1m homes per fight for the next ten fights on PPV) without Eddie Hearn bringing it to the table.
        This is EXACTLY what Hearn wanted... He's being mentioning it in interviews for the last week that there was a big announcement regarding the platform.

When new fighters now come over .. do you think they're going to matchroom or GBP?

it's matchroom... They have the budget to pay the fighters not GBP.

Canelo has his money... GBP have 10 dates but they don't have the date numbers or funding to overpay larger named fighters to fight on those cards !

GBP have 10 dates.. matchroom US/UK have over 50, who's gonna pay them and keep them active? Hearn.

Comment

Hearn definitely hasn't spent w/e money he's spent like he's got $1B total/$125M a year thats for sure.

And this Canelo thing sounds like its a DAZN thing not a Hearn thing so idk that he's spent ANY money here. But then again idk if this means that DAZN is spending their own side money towards GBP/Canelo or if this $365M deal means Hearn now has a $635M total/$79.3M a year budget with DAZN using 1/3 of Hearn's budget on getting GBP on the platform. Cuz if not than DAZN is allegedly putting $1.36B into boxing over the next 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Hearn definitely hasn't spent w/e money he's spent like he's got $1B total/$125M a year thats for sure.

And this Canelo thing sounds like its a DAZN thing not a Hearn thing so idk that he's spent ANY money here. But then again idk if this means that DAZN is spending their own side money towards GBP/Canelo or if this $365M deal means Hearn now has a $635M total/$79.3M a year budget with DAZN using 1/3 of Hearn's budget on getting GBP on the platform. Cuz if not than DAZN is allegedly putting $1.36B into boxing over the next 8 years.
            You have the math slightly wrong. If this has come out of Hearn's budget then the GBP deal is $66m a year for Canelo alone. Couple that with Oscars other shows you've got to think this deal is worth at least $80m a year. Can't then believe Hearn only now has $45m a year for his 16 shows.

I personally think Oscar has got his own separate pot. IF Canelo brings subscriptions up to 2m a month then that's $240m a year revenue. Enough to still give Hearn his $125m a year, Oscar $80m and and whatever to the WBSS. I'm sure DAZN has no interest in even breaking for 5-10 years, Netflix barely makes a profit and has been around for 20 years. Next 5-10 years will be about increasing subscribers and growing their content offering.

Comment

Who knows
              But if Dazn boxing budget is 125 a year and Canelos eating up 73 and AJ however much that doesn’t leave much for everyone else

If It’s separate and DAZn just paid Canelo 73 and Hearn has 125 to play with , he’s f.ucking laughing and might be able to make a serious f.ucking dent in the market which I didn’t think would happen even 12 hours ago

I’ve already said it but it’s going to be interesting what the 3 platforms do from here on out and who’s left standing after the dust settles

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                You have the math slightly wrong. If this has come out of Hearn's budget then the GBP deal is $66m a year for Canelo alone. Couple that with Oscars other shows you've got to think this deal is worth at least $80m a year. Can't then believe Hearn only now has $45m a year for his 16 shows.

I personally think Oscar has got his own separate pot. IF Canelo brings subscriptions up to 2m a month then that's $240m a year revenue. Enough to still give Hearn his $125m a year, Oscar $80m and and whatever to the WBSS. I'm sure DAZN has no interest in even breaking for 5-10 years, Netflix barely makes a profit and has been around for 20 years. Next 5-10 years will be about increasing subscribers and growing their content offering.
                From what I read GBP has 10 dates but those 10 dates could also be on Hearn's 16 dates GBP will be co promoting on Hearn's cards.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  Who knows
                  But if Dazn boxing budget is 125 a year and Canelos eating up 73 and AJ however much that doesn’t leave much for everyone else

If It’s separate and DAZn just paid Canelo 73 and Hearn has 125 to play with , he’s f.ucking laughing and might be able to make a serious f.ucking dent in the market which I didn’t think would happen even 12 hours ago

I’ve already said it but it’s going to be interesting what the 3 platforms do from here on out and who’s left standing after the dust settles
                  AJ isn't exclusive to DAZN in the U.S.

Comment

Deal is exclusive. It’s like the current ESPN situation, where GBP is Top Rank and Matchroom USA is GBP.

Comment

Working...
                    X