No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN To Stream Canelo-Fielding Card, Future Canelo Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
    There is no way DAZN or any other network pays a combined purse of $30 million or more without it being ppv. There isn't. On ppvs, roughly 45% goes to the fighters. Canelo-g sold over a million ppvs twice. The rematch was 1.1 million ppvs at $85 a piece. That is about $40 million right there. No advertising or live gate is going to come close to that kind of money. If you honestly believe, that DAZN will throw down $30 or $40 million for one fight, to air on their regular app. you are beyond naïve.

hbo only paid for the broadcasting rights too. hbo has a very healthy number of subscribers. DAZN also has to guarantee Canelo a set amount.

Who knows, though, by your logic, maybe DAZN will pay Floyd $200 million and Khabib $100 million to air a fight between the two on their regular app.

Get out of here. Canelo-Fielding might not be ppv, but Canelo is not going to suddenly accept a fraction of what he can get paid. It is not happening.
    I don't think you understand how DAZN is being run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecosse1 View Post
      It's amazing how when DAZN was launched it didn't seem to have great fighters on it so Hearn was slated. Now they have Canelo and WBSS it's suddenly not got anything to do with Hearn
      Of course. Wilder's fangirls would hate their own mums if Eddie Hearn signed them

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I don't think you understand how DAZN is being run.
        You are 100% correct. I have no idea how DAZN can pay Canelo $35 million a fight (not including however much his opponents will get paid) without any ppv's.

It literally blows my mind.

But, hey, I am a fan of boxing, and this is great news! I have never been so happy to be completely wrong and look like an idiot! I would not think $10 monthly subscriptions alongside of some advertising could add up to so much.

I am not a rich man, and it takes a lot to get me to come off money to watch boxing. Showtime did it though, and now DAZN has too.

Do you understand how DAZN runs? What about AJ vs. the Wilder-Fury winner? Would DAZN pay both what they would make off a ppv? I mean, will DAZN honestly air a fight where the combined purse is over $50 million on a $10 a month app? Maybe with it being global, that helps, it still just doesn't make sense to me. Oh well, I don't care how they get the money or how much anyone gets paid, all I want is to see the best fight the best. And it appears DAZN is going to help that happen, and for a price that even I will pay for. I'm happy, that is for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
          You are 100% correct. I have no idea how DAZN can pay Canelo $35 million a fight (not including however much his opponents will get paid) without any ppv's.

It literally blows my mind.

But, hey, I am a fan of boxing, and this is great news! I have never been so happy to be completely wrong and look like an idiot! I would not think $10 monthly subscriptions alongside of some advertising could add up to so much.

I am not a rich man, and it takes a lot to get me to come off money to watch boxing. Showtime did it though, and now DAZN has too.

Do you understand how DAZN runs? What about AJ vs. the Wilder-Fury winner? Would DAZN pay both what they would make off a ppv? I mean, will DAZN honestly air a fight where the combined purse is over $50 million on a $10 a month app? Maybe with it being global, that helps, it still just doesn't make sense to me. Oh well, I don't care how they get the money or how much anyone gets paid, all I want is to see the best fight the best. And it appears DAZN is going to help that happen, and for a price that even I will pay for. I'm happy, that is for sure.
          They're investing nearly a billion dollars into the boxing platform alone. They are fully aware that it'll be a bad business model in the first few years.

Also, I don't think they ever said they'd never do PPVs. They can if they want to - is what I heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by SethP View Post
            The Canelo undercard has A LOT more options now. Very interesting.
            As much as they would be paying Nelo, I doubt that....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              The one good thing about this is hopefully with stars signing to Hearn, the UK will become the center of world boxing, not America. The reason I say that is not because the UK is any better about corrupt judges favoring home fighters, they're not, but because the UK fighters are not on average as good as the Americans, and nowhere near as dirty either, so if the UK was the center of world boxing, everyone would have more of a fair chance to succeed. Like for example let's look at GGG-Canelo. If it was GGG vs a UK fighter instead, sure the UK judges might favor the UK fighter, but odds are the top middleweight UK fighter would not be half as good as Canelo, so it would make no difference. Then GGG would win regardless of the judges, and then let's say the actual superfight, again in the UK on DAZN, would be GGG vs Andrade, for example. Just an example. Well, in the UK, it might be more fair rather than favoring the American.

So in the UK, when they favor the UK fighters, it doesnt make as much of a difference because often the UK fighters are not good enough to make it close enough to rob the other guy at least not at the elite level, and when UK fighters are not involved, hopefully they would be more fair, although the UK is still a western power just like the US so it would not surprise me to see them still favor the American fighters (or the fighters who make big money in America) over someone like GGG, even in the UK. Either way, it's more fair more of the time.
              You so full of shet.

WHO IS YOUR BOSS?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                They're investing nearly a billion dollars into the boxing platform alone. They are fully aware that it'll be a bad business model in the first few years.

Also, I don't think they ever said they'd never do PPVs. They can if they want to - is what I heard.
                For the sake of boxing, I hope their business model works. I mean, I pay $10 a month for Showtime, and will still have to pay $60 or more to watch Wilder-Fury. And if DAZN would air that fight on their regular $10 app, then I sure hope Wilder and Spence and everyone else signs with DAZN too.

More quality fights for less of my money. I'll drink to that! I gotta run, but best wishes my man

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Well, lets say they have $100-125 million in budget, what guys do they have that are making huge money? Really no one. So you are going to put on cards like the one we saw in Chicago. It is smart to spend big here to get the Canelo fight and hope to attract subscribers this way. Lets say if they did use $25-30 million on thi fight, then you still have $90-100 million for 15 other cards which is more than enough.

And this was the right call btw. Canelo fighting a no name Brit fighter wasn't going to do great numbers so it made sense for GBP to develop a relationship with Hearn. Is Canelo fighting on DAZN long term? Highly unlikely, but still great to have the biggest name stateside fighting on your network. Joshua isn't bringing in many subscribers, but I bet Canelo will.
                  I like Nelo but I ain't subscribing. I got espn & Showtime so that's enough. I won't do the espn plus either cuz I shouldn't be paying for an app I already have a subscription to, F that. Looks like the only way I'll watch Nelo is PPV....

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    So, where does GGG go now.

Pac = PBC/Fox/Sho
                    Canelo = DAZN
                    GGG = ???
                    Triple L will go to dazn cuz Nelo is there & he will try to use it to avoid Jermall Charlo....LMMFAO! What a wuss Triple L is....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      I bet all the hearn haters will be cutting there wrists now.....hilarious fast eddie has done it again lol
                      It's golden boy, Nelo & dazn not eddie, match room & Nelo....LMMFAO!

Comment

Working...
                      X