No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Mayweather Wouldn't Have Gone For KO Like Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tha Kid View Post
    Old jealous mf can't keep Floyd's name out of his mouth. Mad because he lost Manny to Al Haymon. So keep talking Spence while overrated Crawford keeps fighting bums.

Yeah that's pretty much the Bob Arum formula
    I like Spence as well as Crawford...but at the end of the day his best win is Kell Brook?? who are ESjrs other most impressive wins? a shot Lamont? Chris Algeri? If you compare his resume to TC how do you call TC overrated? To me it just sounds like bias...PBC good, TR/ESPN no good. Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Not what I meant at all. I meant excitement. Floyd was never in any fight of the year candidates.
      OK, but that is a testament to his greatness, right?.

This criticism feels like criticizing the 94 and 95 Nebraska football teams or this year's Alabama team for not having any 4th quarter comebacks.

Perhaps people are excited by watching him dominate, same as they are the teams I just mentioned.

Comment

Ask yourself honestly, if Mayweather [were] going into the 12th round of this fight, would he have done anything like that or tried to?”

I say no, I don't think he would have.

What's your answer?????

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Crawford will never be the "People's Champion". That's the only thing him and Floyd have in common. The only thing.
          Why do you think he will never be the people's champion?

If he beats, say Spence and Thurman, would he be the people's champion? I think he'd be very competitive against both.

Comment

Hey Bobby, get off Floyd's crank, will you.

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
              I like Spence as well as Crawford...but at the end of the day his best win is Kell Brook??
              Kell Brook is better than anyone Bud has fought to date, by a wide margin.

Brook would give Bud hell!

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                Why do you think he will never be the people's champion?

If he beats, say Spence and Thurman, would he be the people's champion? I think he'd be very competitive against both.
                ESPN and Arum need to do better by Crawford if "People's Champion" is the label you want to go b/c this fight had zero build up and the segment with Bud and his mom was downright creepy and hood rat'ish. That was a horrible look and force f&&ked down the viewer's unsettling throats.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  nope. Everyone said Mitchell was washed up the. same with Baldomir when he fought him.

Where do u get Benavidez is the 31st best welterweight either? Hopefully u are smart enough not to go by boxrec rankings. The same boxrec that ranks Luis nery #5 pound for pound in the world lol
                  Emmanuel Steward said Sharmba Mitchell was a good opponent for Mayweather.If you watch the HBO countdown to Mayweather vs Baldomir they thought Baldomir would give him a tough fight.
                  Last edited by MrClutch85; 10-16-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                    Emmanuel Stewart said Sharmba Mitchell was a good opponent for Mayweather.If you watch the HBO countdown to Mayweather vs Baldomir they thought Baldomir would give him a tough fight.
                    Steward also said Hatton and Mayweather was a dead even fight before the KO where Ricky face planted into the ring post lol. Steward (RIP) is not the best analyst to quote when you're talking Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      flohd wasn’t a caeeer 130 pound fighter. Stop making this up. Dude fought at 147 more years than 130. 130 happens to be where he began. Crawford started just one division higher at 135. They are both about the same size smh
                      It's not made up, it's facts.

16 fights at 147+ (12 at WW, 4 at 154)

27 fights at 130

7 fights at 135-140 (4 at 135, 3 at 140)

He fought a total of 23 fights above 130, 27 at 130. The majority of his career was fought at 130. He's a career 130 fighter, it's where he made his mark. In the all time list of any expert, he is considered the best ever 130 pound fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X