Canelo vs Jaime Munguia I think this is a fight they will build up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    How high risk do you see Munguia being?
    Not terribly, but when you have a multi million dollar investment that you're booking for, every move is going to be carefully calculated.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Agreed. I think they will avoid Munguia for a while as he's high risk, low reward right now. If they can make a name of him, then I expect it eventually.

I don’t think he poses any risk right now. It’d be sacrificing a potentially good fighter with no name value for Canelo who doesn’t need it.

Canelo would hurt him real bad right now as would GGG. I’m not even sure how much of a chance he stands against the smaller Charlo or Hurd right now, let alone the two mentioned before. Charlo and Hurd are slightly winnable...at best.

It wouldn’t be as competitive as Vargas vs Tito was but it’d be that type of career altering beat down.

Much too young and raw and doesnt have the singular punching power to even compete against the iron chins of GGG and ‘Nelo. Not even a punchers chance.

Comment

I think it will probably happen. Munguia is very good and he will get better but Canelo is a great fighter in my opinion who improves a lot with every fight. I doubt Munguia will ever be as good as Canelo.

Comment

Munguia isn't even good enough to be Alvarez's sparring partner.
          Last edited by Mister Wolf; 10-15-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

down the line yea

but canelo moving a weight division up is hardly suggesting this is gonna happen anytime soon

Comment

They're going to have to build Munguia up to do this. Not sure what opponents they find for him to make this a realistic fight.

Comment

Yea I think this is a fight for Sept 2019 at the earliest & I'd bet on it being further down the line in 2020/2021. And Mungiua gots to keep winning to so it could never happen, but there is a nice pile of money for that fight if he does keep winning.

Comment

So they just gonna have Mungia duck every guy at 154 or 160 that will beat him until then?

Comment

When’s the last big Mexican vs Mexican ppv? Been like over 10 years. Canelo jcc doesnt count

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                      When’s the last big Mexican vs Mexican ppv? Been like over 10 years. Canelo jcc doesnt count
                      why doens't it count?

Comment

Working...
                      X