No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding - Ticket Information

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Laughing at you thinking there are no Mexicans or Canelo fans on the east coast. Bars that don't even show any boxing fights show every Canelo fight and it's packed, Movie Theaters show his fights and are packed. He's the biggest draw in boxing he can sell out anywhere he wants and in NY it will be billed as Canelo only fights in Vegas this is your only chance to see him fight don't miss it. Where as in Texas and other states he's fought many times.
    Clearly you don't live in NYC. Finding a bar that shows non-GGG Canelo fights is next to impossible.

Canelo will barely make a ripple in the NYC market. In fact, he's here today and there has been zero buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by SethP View Post
      Tickets are still decently prices for this event though, IMO. And I'm not sure what the Mexican population in NYC is exactly, but I'm willing to bet it's still quite high. More importantly, you need to factor in the Mexican population in the tri-State area as a whole who can easily make the trip, as well.

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I will be stunned if this isn't a sellout.
      "Sellouts" are meaningless nowadays. Promoters take all the tickets out of the box office, give them to brokers and then call the event a sellout because nothing is left at the box office.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        Quote:
        It would be interesting if someone did the homework on the 'crapola fight that won't sell out' comments vs the Canelo haters. Gee, wonder if there would be a connection?

LOL

Canelo fans just aren't Canelo haters like you jealous little bwaaaaaaays are. We get it. You lost a big stack of cashish on the GGG II fight. Just get past it, bubba. We've all made bad bets. Learn from it. Next time before betting, remember to use your mind, not your heart.
        I didn't lose a dime on the fight. I'm smart enough to know that Canelo gets more favorable treatment from judges than any boxer ever, so betting against him and the powers that be would be stupid. Canelo is disliked because real boxing fans don't like an entitled ped cheat. 95% of the fans who support him do so because they share an ethnicity with him. Otherwise there is truly no reason to like him. He's overhyped mainly because of the gullible fans (such as yourself) he can bring in.
        Last edited by Jab jab boom; 10-16-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
          Clearly you don't live in NYC. Finding a bar that shows non-GGG Canelo fights is next to impossible.

Canelo will barely make a ripple in the NYC market. In fact, he's here today and there has been zero buzz.
          You dumb motherphuker DAZN just gave Canelo the richest contract in sports history 365M to the biggest star in the sport but nobody in NY knows who Canelo is?

my entire family is from NY. I live hours away and am in NY all the time because my family is still there. You telling me no Bars in NY were showing the Canelo/Chavez fight last year? Phuk outta you lying c0ck sucker LMAO
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-17-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SethP View Post
            10000% disagree. The prices are very reasonable and Canelo is THE draw of boxing making perhaps his only NYC appearance. Just from being in the area, the hype for his appearance here has already begun.

It would be interesting if someone did the homework on the 'crapola fight that won't sell out' comments vs the Canelo haters. Gee, wonder if there would be a connection?

LOL
            Bingo Jab jab miss and Benny are just haters who were seen crying this morning with the announcement. But sure nobody in NY has ever heard of canelo and nobody will show up at MSG LMAO

EDIT: FYI during the press conference today an MSG executive said that the pre-sale tickets that were released yesterday broke the pre-sale record for a boxing match at MSG.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-17-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Canelo is clearly the biggest boxing star in the US. There is no doubt he does well but I do think he is about capped on popularity. He is not on the same level of Floyd, Pac or even DLH and I don't see that ever happening. That said the Mexican market is definitely his but it doesn't seem to me that he is expanding much beyond that. NYC will be a bit new as there are far fewer Mexicans/ Mexican-Americans there but surely enough fans of boxing in that area that they will sell out. Plus don't discount the Brits coming over for a weekend to NYC.

Comment

You dumb motherphuker DAZN just gave Canelo the richest contract in sports history 365M to the biggest star in the sport but nobody in NY knows who Canelo is?

my entire family is from NY. I live hours away and am in NY all the time because my family is still there. You telling me no Bars in NY were showing the Canelo/Chavez fight last year? Phuk outta you lying c0ck sucker LMAO
                Hours away from NYC is not the same as living in NYC. And yes, I had to call at least 7-8 sports bars before I found one that even knew Canelo-Chavez was happening.

I'm the dumb MF-er? You just swallowed the DAZN press release hook, line and sinker. How is Canelo's contract the richest contract in sports history at $365 million when Mayweather made more than that in his last two fights under his Showtime contract????

And our discussion was about whether or not Canelo is well known in NYC. Signing a big contract is completely irrelevant. Joshua has a big contract with Sky but he isn't well known in NYC. Big contract doesn't equal well-known in NYC., Two unrelated concepts.

Canelo is well known in Hispanic areas, but he speaks virtually zero English (at least publicly), has a dull personality and doesn't like to perform PR duties. He isn't well-known in NYC. Period.

Comment

Hours away from NYC is not the same as living in NYC. And yes, I had to call at least 7-8 sports bars before I found one that even knew Canelo-Chavez was happening.

I'm the dumb MF-er? You just swallowed the DAZN press release hook, line and sinker. How is Canelo's contract the richest contract in sports history at $365 million when Mayweather made more than that in his last two fights under his Showtime contract????

And our discussion was about whether or not Canelo is well known in NYC. Signing a big contract is completely irrelevant. Joshua has a big contract with Sky but he isn't well known in NYC. Big contract doesn't equal well-known in NYC., Two unrelated concepts.

Canelo is well known in Hispanic areas, but he speaks virtually zero English (at least publicly), has a dull personality and doesn't like to perform PR duties. He isn't well-known in NYC. Period.
                  I grew up in NY, my entire family still lives in NY I live less then 2 hours away and I am in NY all the time. So yes I can speak for NY. And yes it's not just me but every outlet including ESPN stating Canelo has the largest contract in history. You talking about 1 off fights not a guaranteed contract you idiot. So wrong again

That's from ESPN not press release from DAZN

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...5-million-dazn

Alvarez's deal is the richest athlete contract in sports history, eclipsing the 13-year, $325 million agreement that New York Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton signed in 2014 when he was with the Miami Marlins.

At the press conference today MSG execs told the press that the pre-sales already broke the pre-sale record for any boxing match at MSG. Sounds like tickets are selling but nope you know better then MSG execs nobody in NY knows who the biggest superstar in the entire sport is who just got a 365M guaranteed contract. lol Joshua isn't doing records in the United States you idiot canelo is and NY is part of the United States. Joshua draws shyt tv ratings on US television because he's from the UK and fights there. Canelo draws huge US television and PPV numbers a lot of which come from NY you dipshyt. Those fans who have grown up having to buy his PPVs if they want to see him can now pick up tickets and see him live at MSG. The fight will be a success you will just have to find something else to hate Canelo about.

Comment

Bingo Jab jab miss and Benny are just haters who were seen crying this morning with the announcement. But sure nobody in NY has ever heard of canelo and nobody will show up at MSG LMAO

EDIT: FYI during the press conference today an MSG executive said that the pre-sale tickets that were released yesterday broke the pre-sale record for a boxing match at MSG.
                    Not crying at all. Doesn't affect my bank account either way, so didn't really make a difference to me. But one thing I do know is that I'm not shelling out a penny to see Canelo vs. Fielding or any other no-name no-hoper.

You just eat up those press releases and PR statements, huh? And you don't even get that right. MSG said the fight broke for record for a one-day boxing presale, not the boxing pre-sale record. Big difference. How many other one-day boxing presales were there? Most presales are more than one day. GGG-Lemieux was two days. What was the record before Canelo-Fielding? All of that is relevant.

Comment

Not crying at all. Doesn't affect my bank account either way, so didn't really make a difference to me. But one thing I do know is that I'm not shelling out a penny to see Canelo vs. Fielding or any other no-name no-hoper.

You just eat up those press releases and PR statements, huh? And you don't even get that right. MSG said the fight broke for record for a one-day boxing presale, not the boxing pre-sale record. Big difference. How many other one-day boxing presales were there? Most presales are more than one day. GGG-Lemieux was two days. What was the record before Canelo-Fielding? All of that is relevant.
                      Well duh the the presale tickets just came out yesterday and the press conference was today. But in 1 day no boxing fight at MSG has sold more presale tickets for a fight your dumb azzz says NY don't care about. Sounds like the ticket sales contradict your foolish prediction. You not paying for the fight don't mean shyt you are a deranged hater you don't matter but tons of fans will pay to see it you can bet that

And DAZN thinks so too which is why they just gave him the largest contract in sports history

Comment

Working...
                      X