No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding - Ticket Information

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Floyd is the biggest draw in the history of the entire sport. No shyt he isnt bigger then Floyd and he doesn't have to be. That's like saying LeBron ain't shyt because he's not Jordan. Jordan ain't playing no more LeBron is and he's the biggest name in his sport today so is canelo. You a hater and your predictions never come true with canelo. You said GGG was going to knock out canelo easy and instead GGG got whooped and his face broken. lol I remember clowns like you saying Canelo just gave up the belt and is going back down to fight Liam Smith his fight will flop nobody will show up to cowboy stadium....what happened? Oh yeah they sold more tickets then anyone thought and broke the record Manny Pacquiao set at cowboy stadium and Canelo is a bigger star today then he was back then. It's going to sell and you will keep complaining.

Canelo is already in the history books as 3 of the top 5 live gates in history involve Canelo. He's already sold 8M PPVs and he is only 28. How many fighters in history have sold 8M PPVs in their entire career let alone by his age? But you think nobody in NY has ever heard of Canelo LMAO
    is your reading comprehension that bad? I said he'll do good numbers in NY but he's not selling it out. He's not bigger in nyc than cotto or Trinidad or duran was. There isn't a massive Mexican population in ny, which is Canelos biggest fan base world wide. And as far as Liam Smith, you can't compare him fighting in a state full of Mexicans and them selling $10 tickets to this. And btw overall, the ppv vs Liam Smith didn't do very well. 290 k which means that aside from the Mexican fans he has not too many people cared about it. He needs a strong b side to draw interest from casuals. Why Are you Canelo fans so sensitive? Y'all think he'll sell out anywhere and can't except that the rest of the world doesn't love him as much as you do
    Last edited by Jab jab boom; 10-16-2018, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
      Sorry, im watching a pitbull fight a squirrel that day.
      So, your wife vs your boyfriend then, eh? Cool. Tickets reasonable? May make the trek.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SethP View Post
        10000% disagree. The prices are very reasonable and Canelo is THE draw of boxing making perhaps his only NYC appearance. Just from being in the area, the hype for his appearance here has already begun.

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        it's a mismatch and much bigger fights have happened at msg and not sold out the arena.
        Originally posted by SethP View Post
        Canelo is THE biggest star in boxing right now. Names sell to casuals which sell tickets. Just because there were better fights on paper for hardcores doesn't mean this won't sell out. You're not thinking in the minds of casuals and how tickets are sold.
        It would be interesting if someone did the homework on the 'crapola fight that won't sell out' comments vs the Canelo haters. Gee, wonder if there would be a connection?

LOL

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          This fight will easily sell out. Do people forget that Canelo fought Liam Smith and not only did it sell well it over performed and sold over 50K tickets and broke the record for Cowboy Stadium. Canelo is far more popular today and has NEVER fought in NY or the entire East Coast for that matter. This will be the only time most people who live on the East Coast can ever afford to see him live. Cheaper tickets then his normal Vegas fights and will likely be the first and last time he ever fights in NY. The fight will sell.

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
          First of all, Canelo vs. Liam Smith did NOT sell 50,000 tickets. Per the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, it sold 46,115 (including 8,143 in stadium suites), with over 5,000 comps.
          Second, there were huge proportion of $40 tickets for Canelo-Smith. The live gate was only about $5 million ($5,037,900, to be exact). There aren't any $40 seats for the MSG fight.
          Third, Texas lacks one important element that Texas has: Mexican fans. The Dallas-Fort Worth area is home to nearly 2 Mexican/Mexican-Americans. NYC has less than a third of that.
          Fourth, no one on the East Coast knows Canelo. He can walk through Times Square and no one would recognize him other than Mexican tourists. I've done that with him, so I would know.
          What's your end game, bubba? What are you trying to prove? This is a site for boxing fans. Are you one of us? All this negative energy you're spewing is bogus as he!!. +/- 50K saw the Canelo/Smith fight. Canelo IS #1 draw in the sport today. A bunch of Hispanics live within 2-3 hours of NYC. Tickets are very reasonable. How can you possibly have a problem with this fight? It's Canelo's first journey into SMW, and in doing so he is taking on a quality opponent who can punch. Some times I think you whiners would pizz'n'moan if boxing cards were free admission with a free taxi ride to and from the fooking event. SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            So, your wife vs your boyfriend then, eh? Cool. Tickets reasonable? May make the trek.

Oo, that's abit personal. I dont actually have a wife, but i guess you'd like a boyfriend by the look of your posts.. I think Canelos abit out of your league though..😉

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SethP View Post
              10000% disagree. The prices are very reasonable and Canelo is THE draw of boxing making perhaps his only NYC appearance. Just from being in the area, the hype for his appearance here has already begun.

It would be interesting if someone did the homework on the 'crapola fight that won't sell out' comments vs the Canelo haters. Gee, wonder if there would be a connection?

LOL
              it'd also be interesting to see the the connection of people who think this is an acceptable fight & will sell out the world's most famous arena in a non Mexican city with the Canelo ball juice guzzlers.

Comment

Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                Quote:

LOL

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                it'd also be interesting to see the the connection of people who think this is an acceptable fight & will sell out the world's most famous arena in a non Mexican city with the Canelo ball juice guzzlers.
                Canelo fans just aren't Canelo haters like you jealous little bwaaaaaaays are. We get it. You lost a big stack of cashish on the GGG II fight. Just get past it, bubba. We've all made bad bets. Learn from it. Next time before betting, remember to use your mind, not your heart.

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mindgames View Post

Quote:

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
                  Oo, that's abit personal. I dont actually have a wife, but i guess you'd like a boyfriend by the look of your posts.. I think Canelos abit out of your league though..😉
                  Nah, you just made a goofball joke and I turned it into a better joke, more absurd. Nothing personal, so don't get your lil' feelings hurt. Try to keep up. Although I doubt you can keep up with a comedic genius like me.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mindgames View Post

Quote:

Nah, you just made a goofball joke and I turned it into a better joke, more absurd. Nothing personal, so don't get your lil' feelings hurt. Try to keep up. Although I doubt you can keep up with a comedic genius like me.
                    Nah, i think you may have misjudged the tone of my answer. I dont catch feelings on boxing websites really, not as strong as yours about Saul apparently. Self praise is no recommendation, so id hold up on the genius tag until someone else rates your talents, although if your anything like your mum you try hard to please.. 😉

Comment

Quote:
                      What's your end game, bubba? What are you trying to prove? This is a site for boxing fans. Are you one of us? All this negative energy you're spewing is bogus as he!!. +/- 50K saw the Canelo/Smith fight. Canelo IS #1 draw in the sport today. A bunch of Hispanics live within 2-3 hours of NYC. Tickets are very reasonable. How can you possibly have a problem with this fight? It's Canelo's first journey into SMW, and in doing so he is taking on a quality opponent who can punch. Some times I think you whiners would pizz'n'moan if boxing cards were free admission with a free taxi ride to and from the fooking event. SMDH
                      My end game? Just factual accuracy and intelligent commentary.

And saying Rocky Fielding a quality opponent at super middle is like saying the Buffalo Bills are a quality NFL team.

Comment

Working...
                      X