Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor's Trainer Doesn't Rule Out Malignaggi Boxing Match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
    it wont... paulie is not a big of a name.
    Mcgregor could sell out vs ME

The people that follow him don't seem to care that he hasn't backed up his shyt talking

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
      Ok! A TKO is also a stoppage as is s quitting on the stool, or corner throwing in the towel and so on. The point is Paulie never had power, even in his prime. He has been retired for a while and is fat and out of shape. This is a money grab --- in a word, or three, a freak show which has little to do with professional boxing.

Of course, Mayweather carried McGregor it was obvious to anyone who watched the fight, but Mayweather is several parsecs above Malignaggi. I will say this for Paulie, he got more mileage out of the little power he has than anyone else of his generation plus Paulie has loads of guts. He was outgunned in every fight but had more than his share of victories.
      You don't seem to be following, it's not a matter of Paulie's power. It's a matter of Mcgregor not having the conditioning to fight for 12 rounds at a evenly remotely fast pace. I'm pretty sure I read that Mcgregor does no running whatsoever. You honestly think he would survive 12 rounds with a fighting fit Paulie? No chance.

Paulie is fat now but he would get himself into shape just to beat Mctapper

Comment

Comment

McGregor boxing is terrible to a pro. If he's not a champion in his own sport few will.be interested, Paulie doesn't carry a huge name to casual fans either.

Comment

Conor's trainer should be fired by now. I don't think even PBF ever walked down a man with such little respect for his offense. If Floyd was younger that would have been a pretty bad KO. The KO Nation era PBF.

For a long time MMA has claimed MMA boxing looks different due to the difference in the sports. It's not a ****ty version of boxing taught to a bunch of bruce lee worshippers who wouldn't know any better by men who have a very loose, seems almost Stallone based, understanding of boxing...no'sir it's MMA boxing and it looks different because they have to worry about kicks and takedowns.

Then Holly teaches Ronda how to box and McGregor does so bad the man who shows respect for every fighter's offense showed none for Conor's.....Yeah kids, it looks different because it is different. What their trainers are teaching those fighters is 100% Frank Dux level bull****.

Conor can beat Paulie, he has the natural talent to anyway. His trainer can't teach him how to box worth a **** though.

Why is Ronda's striking coach is a joke but Conor's gets to enjoy embarrassment after embarrassment? Did he not send Conor in with absolutely the wrong gameplan on multiple occasions? Did he not teach Conor how to have every physical advantage and still not be able to hurt the man he's fighting no matter how clean he lands? That whole camp is an embarrassment to combat sports.

So are Jackson and Winklejohn. For a sport that tries so hard to shrug off it's 80s martial arts fanatics image it sure does praise some classic mullet wearing storytelling dip****s. If you came up with a fighting system during your higher education years guess what you are? A cliche ****in' mullet wearing Chuck Noris wannabe...Greg Jackson.

MMA would be so much better if their fighters invested just a little time in finding a team worth a **** not a team of kiss asses or dude who think they were Axel from Streets of Rage when they went to school.

Comment

If something like this does happen, it'll be a f**king disgusting representation of the sport.

Paulie has become worse than Amir Khan begging for a payday - I'd wager if McG told him to get on his knees and suck pipe for a paycheck, he'd do it.

Do. Not. Reward. This. Scrub.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Yeah they will release the entire 12 round sparring session, 36 minutes + breaks, on netflix. Right.

Anyways, his coach has also said he hasnt talked to mcgreggor in the last week since the fight, they are obviously not very close anymore.

I do think that Paulie M is a likely opponent. Mcgreggor needs a win, he is at that point in his career where his name and image are bigger than his abilities, he has no chance against khabib in a rematch, will likely lose to any top MMA fighter, but he can still outsell anyone in PPV. That will only last so long, MMA fans arent going to pay to see him lose 4 fights in a row. So he needs to be carefully matched.
                exactly what i was thinking, sure netflix are going to show a whole 12 round spar session... it will be cropped and cut to show mcgreggor dominating. seeing mcgreggor get licked is counter intuitive.

im no MMA guy but i actually think mcgreggor has signed for 5 more fights in the UFC, and unless that includes boxing fights he'll run out of dance partners he could actually beat. he'll end up like ronda rousey.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                  No I said stop not KO (there is a difference if you weren't aware).

Maybe you should watch the Mayweather fight again, Floyd carried him for a number of rounds and when he started letting his hands go McGregor was quickly taken out.

Paulie would set a pace that McGregor cant handle, he will empty his tank and force a stoppage.

People mocking Paulie seem to forget that he was a good technical fighter and many levels above McTapper.
                  i think paulie is a big chance to stop him also. mcgreggor is not very well conditioned at all. he gassed out v mayweather early, and he seems to gas out in his UFC fights also. paulie could push the pace and stop him late.

Comment

McGregor would probably ko paulie before the late rounds McGregor n khabib would be a good rematch especially once McGregor gets focused and focus on ground game as well as a Nate Diaz rematch and possibly Jose Aldo I see 3 wins 1 boxing 2 mma and a close hella of a fight vs khabib in the rematch drawing power would be there if he goes 3-1

Comment

Working...
                    X