No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francesco Patera Shocks Lewis Ritson, Wins EBU Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Francesco Patera Shocks Lewis Ritson, Wins EBU Belt

Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle - For the vacant EBU lightweight title, Francesco Patera (20-3, 7 KOs) shocks Lewis Ritson (17-1, 11 KOs) with a twelve round split decision win. The scores were 116-112 for Ritson, 116-112 for Patera and 116-112 for Patera.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

• That was a good old azz whooping

Comment

• The right man won.

Comment

• Good fight!! Those that didnt watch it... check it out

Comment

• Good fight patera

Comment

• It wasn't a shock... The bookies massively hyped ritson due to his profile.. walking through the British level and the casual fan base took it all like mongs.

Patera was always going to be extremely tough, very durable and very technically astute. Ritsons camp can't expect to just go up levels and walk through everyone with power..

European level fighters will take the power that British level won't. Simple.. hence why the fighters he has fought before are at that level !!

Needs more dimensions to his game and his corner were ****ing terrible tonight.

Comment

• Joe Laws... Must watch TV

Comment

• I hope Ritson comes back from that. The first 4 rounds showed he was better than Patera.

He stopped throwing the jab from the 5th and looked sluggish with single shots. Probably trying to protect the body too much!

Comment

• Boxing lesson for Ritson. Can serve him very well if he takes it well (unlike say, Eubank) but I don't think anyone expected that. Also major props to Patera. He knew he hurt Ritson, and as it gave him his rhythm he didn't embarrass him at home, he just gave him a complete tutoring in his flaws. He could have just landed a few more of those once he had his rhythm he was fully comfortable. So surprising and really enjoyable to watch, especially after the previous one.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                      It wasn't a shock... The bookies massively hyped ritson due to his profile.. walking through the British level and the casual fan base took it all like mongs.

Patera was always going to be extremely tough, very durable and very technically astute. Ritsons camp can't expect to just go up levels and walk through everyone with power..

European level fighters will take the power that British level won't. Simple.. hence why the fighters he has fought before are at that level !!

Needs more dimensions to his game and his corner were ****ing terrible tonight.
                      i agree.

i still think what he did at British level was impressive, yeah it's not a high level but he went through some decent British level fighters like they were nothing. There's definitely something there.

i think he has a very good jab when he uses it and some good tools but he really needs a trainer to hone those tools and make him into a more well rounded fighter.

i'm not going to write him off, some great fighters lost on the way up at lower levels but i don't see him getting beyond British level without a quality trainer.

But i have to say it's not good sign that it seemed he can be easily hurt to the body. That's usually a tell tale sign that he might not get that far. Usually good fighters stop fighters of a lower level with body shots. A better puncher would've done that to Ritson tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X