Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Hunter With a Dramatic Knockout of Martin Bakole

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter really shouldn't have missed out on both WBSS. At least the second tournament included guys like Fayfer and Gevor who I think he's clearly better than. Finally some good attention and big money comes to the division, and he misses out on it for the most part.

He's a skillful fighter who was dominant on the US amateur scene and competed in the Olympics for good reason. He did end up losing convincingly to Usyk but his first half success was better than anything Gassiev, Huck, or Glowacki managed.

He can beat some okay guys at HW but I think he'd do better dropping a bit of fat and fighting at cruiser. It's a shame for him that he missed out on the second season, maybe he could still get in as a sub or something.

I thought he beat Bakole pretty comfortably. He should've been well ahead even before the shoulder issues were apparent.
    Last edited by Levity; 10-13-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Just goes to show how growth and picking fights is important. Bakole resume I see doesn't tell me why he took this fight other then trying to get into the mix where he shouldn't be right now. Hunter is a good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        I didn’t see the fight but I’m hearing Bakole injured his shoulder. Did that seem like a factor?
        Nah he basically quit.would have been way down on the cards and was looking foolish and suddenly just said his arm hurt

Comment

Man I've been a fan of Hunter since the Usyk fight. Him and Hasim Rahman seem like cool, focused, down to earth guys. I think they will go very far. They had a lot of confidence to go to england and just blast out a 6'6 giant people were hyping as the new riddick bowe. Hope bokolie recovers and returns better.

These cruisers like
          Hunter
          Briedis
          Huck
          Gassiev
          Usyk

are legit fighters. Cruiser is a division of sharks..

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
            Hunter really shouldn't have missed out on both WBSS. At least the second tournament included guys like Fayfer and Gevor who I think he's clearly better than. Finally some good attention and big money comes to the division, and he misses out on it for the most part.

He's a skillful fighter who was dominant on the US amateur scene and competed in the Olympics for good reason. He did end up losing convincingly to Usyk but his first half success was better than anything Gassiev, Huck, or Glowacki managed.

He can beat some okay guys at HW but I think he'd do better dropping a bit of fat and fighting at cruiser. It's a shame for him that he missed out on the second season, maybe he could still get in as a sub or something.

I thought he beat Bakole pretty comfortably. He should've been well ahead even before the shoulder issues were apparent.

He did say in an interview that he prefers fighting at heavy and prefers the bigger guys there as well. He did look heavier than aginst usyk but man he blasted bakole out of there

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              I didn’t see the fight but I’m hearing Bakole injured his shoulder. Did that seem like a factor?
              He quit but his trainer pretty much ended his career. He didn’t want to go back out because he hurt his shoulder and lost every round. He had no way of winning but was forced back out to take 2 rounds of beatings. The ref let him take loads of big unanswered punches before waving it off.

Comment

This was a good scrap, need to watch it back

Comment

Working...
                X