Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you do if Joshua wipes out the winner of Fury Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    Yeah.

Even now they aren't fully behind Wilder as they know his vulnerabilities.
    They say things like "i'm not even a Wilder fan, but Wilder walks dis brit mummy down"

So in the event of Wilder losing they can claim they never backed him and save face.
    Yeah the more 'streetwise' and experienced forum members usually have some sort of contingency plan in place when one of their favoured fighters/fighter who fits an agenda, loses.

Comment

Wake up and go to work lol

Comment

Congratulate him?

Nobody is mad at Joshua for winning, they're mad at him for ducking Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by dsr View Post
          I don't understand the question. What do you mean what will you do? What kind of things do you expect people to do if one boxer defeats another boxer?
          Lmao exactly. Is he expecting a war or something?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            Hes kinda playing it smart (and cowardly) Lennox Lewis style. He only has to fight and beat 1 out of 2 dangerous men now instead of 2, he also got more low risk experience b4 his big test, he could perhaps train harder for 1 big fight than another guy can for 2 big fights in a row, he also has further time to study the weaknesses of either man. Also Deontay may be the weaker than Fury but still get some flukey KO and then Joshua only has to beat the weaker of the 2

The only draw back I see is going the hard route builds true skill, going the easy way hurts you in the long run.
            I wasn't a Lewis fan but I'd like for you to explain this part.

Lewis was Tyson's mandatory and was stripped for a failure to meet Lewis instead opting for Holyfield. Holyfield wasn't considered a dangerous fight or fighter anymore. He was considered washed up and the 26-1 odds reflected such.

Bowe also was stripped for a failure to meet Lewis instead opting for a Holyfield re-match because he figured he had his measure and it paid more. Bowe had fear of Lewis because of the Olympics.

Lewis was avoided a lot in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bum squad View Post
              If AJ levels Wilder early all the AJ haters will say it is the worst era ever. He will never get proper credit even if he does clean out the division.
              If Wilder levels AJ early the Wilder haters will say it was a Lucky punch and he beat a Chinny , Protected Champion .

Comment

To be honest I think a lot of the people that have intense dislike for Joshua and love for Wilder will just move on. They may go to Miller but it will be a lot of "Oh I knew Wilder wasn't good Joshua is ducking ___". That's kind of how it is here. Most posters once they dislike a guy it's impossible to give credit or admit to being wrong.

What would I do personally? Nothing differently. I'll have been proven right and I'd probably start talking about Joshua as an accomplished modern boxer with a bright future.

Comment

If the winner of Fury/Wilder is a controversial winner, they may have to rematch. Or if Joshua fights the guy most people thought won the Fury/Wilder fight, and wins, Joshua becomes the undisputed heavyweight champ and we finally see a single name linked to the "best heavyweight in the world" moniker. I really dont know who comes out on top at the end but I like all three guys for different reasons. If you didnt know who they were and you somehow had lunch with all of them, you would probably be surprised to find out they fight for a living. I think they are all good guys really. I cant despise or dislike any of them. They are all cool with me.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    If the winner of Fury/Wilder is a controversial winner, they may have to rematch. Or if Joshua fights the guy most people thought won the Fury/Wilder fight, and wins, Joshua becomes the undisputed heavyweight champ and we finally see a single name linked to the "best heavyweight in the world" moniker. I really dont know who comes out on top at the end but I like all three guys for different reasons. If you didnt know who they were and you somehow had lunch with all of them, you would probably be surprised to find out they fight for a living. I think they are all good guys really. I cant despise or dislike any of them. They are all cool with me.
                    Same here. Wilder is a good dude. Joshua is a good dude. Fury is a fun guy.
                    We can just hope the fights happen, well we’re already getting the first one in Dec. A year later and most of it will be history.

Comment

I'll be like "Oh Chit Son"... OK, Now what???

Comment

Working...
                      X