Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benavidez is one of the worst opponents in recent years....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd fans: i'm so tired of manny fighting some b level guys. when will manny step up and fight some live contender?

crawford goes and fight benavidezWHO?

floyd fans: bu bu but it's not crawford's fault doe. top rank doesnt have any good 147 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
      If Vanes is a bad fighter, what about Lara, Andrade and Charlo? He had close fights with all of them. Actually, many fans saw him winning 1-2 of the above mentioned fights.

So try again you British dosser. Bum. Shut your mouth!
      Vanes was coming off a 2 year layoff, had never fought at 160 and was moving up. Try again, casual

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        Vanes has been a top 10 fighter for much of his career and done well against some good fighters. Benavidez isn't even top 30.
        doing well doesnt mean shiiit he freaggin lost, was out of the ring for 2 years AND he moved up to middleweight for the 1st time in his life...

bruh just stop you are sounding dumb as hell right now

Comment

He was a stand in opponent after ggg agreed to fight a pound for pound fighter who failed a drugs test. He was a few pounds smaller but when active wasn't ranked outside the top 30
          bull fuggin shiiit

he coulda fought his mando derevyanchenko... but he REFUSED that fight....

got stripped of his IBF belt for ducking derev

and then he went and fought martirosyan after that

Comment

And u think benavidez is good just cause he got an 0? He'd lose to Charlo, Andrade, Lara too. And you don't seem concerned about furys lay off so does ring rust matter or not?
            hell probably lose to them cuz hes a freagin welterweight and those guys are at a higher weight and imo at a higher level at the moment

damn larry is right

shut the hell up

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              hell probably lose to them cuz hes a freagin welterweight and those guys are at a higher weight and imo at a higher level at the moment

damn larry is right

shut the hell up
              What has benavidez done at all. on How on earth can anyone say benavidez is better opponent when he's not even Ever been in any top 30 and has looked poor at that level. So why don't u shut the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Vanes was coming off a 2 year layoff, had never fought at 160 and was moving up. Try again, casual
                He was in great shape. Basically like your momma’s ass. And now get back to your spaghetti you Italian dosser!

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  He moved up a whole 6 pounds, wow. And as I said earlier no-one seems to give a **** about furys ring rust.

Comment

The ranking is misleading. Benavidez was interim champion at 140 then got shot, had about two years off and has since returned fighting twice. Once over 147 (so a ranking couldn't be obtained) and the other against a guy who was like 25-0 with about as many KO's as fights. There aren't 30 welterweights better. I doubt there's even 10 so it's not a terrible match given that PBC guys aren't available, Pacquaio isn't (and has said no to Bud in the past). It's a rather good stay busy fight. That's not sugarcoating it. It's the reality.

I'd venture to say I don't think Spence, Golovkin, Inoue, Mikey, Rungvisai, Joshua (for example as p4p players) have fought five better opponents than Benavidez. I will say that I think Jose should have taken one more tune-up to get some more rounds in but still it's better than Golovkin-Vanes, Spence-Peterson for example.

We just know Crawford is the best so I guess his standard is higher but people aren't understanding what's available and what's not. I think too many folks have gone away from enjoying the fights and fighters from the run of the mill guys that give their all to the special fighters who make the sport look easy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      doing well doesnt mean shiiit he freaggin lost, was out of the ring for 2 years AND he moved up to middleweight for the 1st time in his life...

bruh just stop you are sounding dumb as hell right now
                      He proved he wasn't out of his depth against world level fighters, as I said some people actually thought he beat Charlo. He's a far more accomplished fighter than benavidez , it's not even arguable

Comment

Working...
                      X