No announcement yet.

Difference between boxing on ESPN and boxing on FOX

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Streaming is certainly part of the present and will definitely be part of the future. Have to accept it. Do I agree with those folks that think televisions will be gone in 20 years? Hell no, but no doubt the younger generation is streaming damn near everything.

And ESPN+ is far from only boxing. They want as much live sports content as possible.
    I stream almost everything I watch now and I am in my early thirties. The generation younger than me will grow up on Apps instead of networks.

Arum said that all fights will be streamed 5 years from now and he is known to diligently research current and future trends.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I was just reading that press release about Crawford's camp life on ESPN plus. ESPN plus released a press release yesterday and it wasn't even mentioned. They didn't mention boxing at all

While FOX seems to be all in on boxing

This is what Tim Smith was talking about when he said they'll have actual boxing shows. Not boxing shows on an app filmed from someones basement (Dan Rafael's show)
      Espn never gave a crap aboit boxing even when they had friday night fights, FOX is going all in because UFC is no longer going to be on FOX, UFC is going to ESPN.

eSpn cares more about ufc than boxing

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
        I stream almost everything I watch now and I am in my early thirties. The generation younger than me will grow up on Apps instead of networks.

Arum said that all fights will be streamed 5 years from now and he is known to diligently research current and future trends.
        the distribution paradigm is changing due to the ease and low cost of streaming.

get on board, because it's not going back to the way it used to be.

Comment

ESPN will NEVER making boxing Top Priority and wait until they get UFC next year boxing sadly will really be buried and you will see most of the boxing events gets pushed to ESPN+

After really thinking about it, DAZN is actually the better deal because it is stand alone Streaming Service for 1 Price...with ESPN+ you still need a Cable or Satellite TV Provider on top of the extra $4.99 to access their Content. ESPN found a way to squeeze more money out of people and at the same time Fool them into think you're getting a Great Deal but that $4.99 alone gets you absolutely nothing

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Won't be low budget now with the new deal. They can absolutely put on cards like the one ESPN+ put up with Uzcategui vs bum a few weeks ago. Will they be FOX caliber or SHO caliber? Of course not, but there should be some cards that are really really solid. A lot of them will be able to be on the level of some of the ESPN and ESPN+ cards for sure.
            thats my point. Most fs1 won’t be that Caliber. They need a place for their prospects who are transitioning to contenders and that is fs1. Sure once and a while u will get a espn+ card like Jerwin anacajas ir a mismatch mandatory a fighter has to take care of. They won’t be espn sho or fox leve tho

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              ESPN will NEVER making boxing Top Priority and wait until they get UFC next year boxing sadly will really be buried and you will see most of the boxing events gets pushed to ESPN+

After really thinking about it, DAZN is actually the better deal because it is stand alone Streaming Service for 1 Price...with ESPN+ you still need a Cable or Satellite TV Provider on top of the extra $4.99 to access their Content. ESPN found a way to squeeze more money out of people and at the same time Fool them into think you're getting a Great Deal but that $4.99 alone gets you absolutely nothing
              wrong. U can watch espn+ on fire stick like I do. U don’t need cable or satellite.

The Espn contract calls for 18 fights on espn a year and 36 on espn+ a year so boxing in Espn isn’t going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Yes it is.

That is satellite, not cable

ESPN+ is $4.99. Showtime is $8.99. ESPN+ gets you 12 Top Rank shows and Showtime gets you 12 PBC shows. Yes, ESPN+ gets you 24 lower level international shows, but those appeal to a very very small percentage of US fight fans. And if we're talking about exposure, the exposure on ESPN+ is nearly nonexistent. Nothing beats the exposure on Fox.
                more and more people are dropping cable for either satellite or cutting the cord completely which means they won’t get the channel or have to pay for it.

Espn+ already surpassed a million subscribers and is growing like crazy. People love it. $4 a month vs $13 for showtime. It’s a third of the price plus I get ufc next year and all my soccer and baseball. It’s a way better deal than showtime. There is no way u can dispute that.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  thats my point. Most fs1 won’t be that Caliber. They need a place for their prospects who are transitioning to contenders and that is fs1. Sure once and a while u will get a espn+ card like Jerwin anacajas ir a mismatch mandatory a fighter has to take care of. They won’t be espn sho or fox leve tho
                  They could absolutely be on the level of ESPN+ cards for the most part and even some ESPN cards though.

Comment

Bookmarks for later

Comment

more and more people are dropping cable for either satellite or cutting the cord completely which means they won’t get the channel or have to pay for it.

Espn+ already surpassed a million subscribers and is growing like crazy. People love it. $4 a month vs $13 for showtime. It’s a third of the price plus I get ufc next year and all my soccer and baseball. It’s a way better deal than showtime. There is no way u can dispute that.
                      Only you can decide for you what's a better deal, but you're lying about the numbers. ESPN+ is $4.99 and Showtime is $8.99. In a given year, Showtime will have far more fights with major interest than ESPN+ will have. Some will prefer quality, some will prefer quantity. Obviously is someone is a big UFC fan, ESPN+ will be a must have.

Comment

Working...
                      X