Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most important physical genetic traits that make an effective boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the most important physical genetic traits that make an effective boxer?

Heres my guess

1) Endurance/work rate is most important of all the traits ? Or far down the list?

2) Then durability chin strength

3) Then speed(2 and 3 r super close in my guess)

4) Range

5) Power

6) Height

7) strength

Thats my guess whats yours rank them in order
    Last edited by AlexKid; 10-09-2018, 06:34 AM.

Some one one like Ali was such a menace because he had the top 3 traits in one human being, he wasn't fighting monsters he was the monster but we are more awed and scared by size power etc so we think of Ali as weak and skilful but he had awesome genes for boxing and thats a big part of his success
    Last edited by AlexKid; 10-09-2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

1. Big cawk
      2. Hard body (not soft)
      3. Good, healthy genetics (not inbred)
      4. Great mental health (no 'shoot up school' psychological weakness)
      5. Natural inclination to being slick
      6. Dislike of authority/police etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
        1. Big cawk
        2. Hard body (not soft)
        3. Good, healthy genetics (not inbred)
        4. Great mental health (no 'shoot up school' psychological weakness)
        5. Natural inclination to being slick
        6. Dislike of authority/police etc.
        xDDDDD youre a prick lol

Comment

You forgot Timing , at times timing beats speed

Comment

Reflexes without question

Comment

Long arms and fast feet.

Comment

Big hands and forearms.

Comment

work rate, more than your speed, chin, punching power, comes down to conditioning. i'd say it is one of the least "genetic" factors, althought genetics do play a part. you can not train at all and still hit like a mule. if you don't train at all you'll gas out quickly, i don't care who you are.

get that part of it?

moving on:
                  "it's speed, obvously, but..... "

barring a dude literally having a glass jaw or showing up out of shape, it's speed speed speed that wins boxing matches.

yeah, you need to survive shots and be able to hurt your opponent, but the thing that most elite fighters have that separate them and give them long careers and lots of success is speed.

next is your chin. why? well if you can't hurt a guy with one shot, and you're fast enough, you hit him with two. so power is less important because you can keep punching, and boxing matches can go as long as 12 minutes. having a bad chin has more of a negative effect on your style. light punchers have to work harder to impress judges. guys with bad chins ahve to play it safe and rely on matchmaking. big, big difference.

summary
                  there are 3 basic components of a boxer's "talents"

speed
                  power
                  chin

you develop these things, you don't teach them. speed and what i call "fleetness" are what is most important, as long as the chin isn't straihgt up biscuit. you'd rather have elite speed and a good chin than good speed and an elite chin, too many different styles will put you behind on the cards. yeah, you'll finish fights, but you'll be losing them and fighting uphill.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    work rate, more than your speed, chin, punching power, comes down to conditioning. i'd say it is one of the least "genetic" factors, althought genetics do play a part. you can not train at all and still hit like a mule. if you don't train at all you'll gas out quickly, i don't care who you are.

get that part of it?

moving on:
                    "it's speed, obvously, but..... "

barring a dude literally having a glass jaw or showing up out of shape, it's speed speed speed that wins boxing matches.

yeah, you need to survive shots and be able to hurt your opponent, but the thing that most elite fighters have that separate them and give them long careers and lots of success is speed.

next is your chin. why? well if you can't hurt a guy with one shot, and you're fast enough, you hit him with two. so power is less important because you can keep punching, and boxing matches can go as long as 12 minutes. having a bad chin has more of a negative effect on your style. light punchers have to work harder to impress judges. guys with bad chins ahve to play it safe and rely on matchmaking. big, big difference.

summary
                    there are 3 basic components of a boxer's "talents"

speed
                    power
                    chin

you develop these things, you don't teach them. speed and what i call "fleetness" are what is most important, as long as the chin isn't straihgt up biscuit. you'd rather have elite speed and a good chin than good speed and an elite chin, too many different styles will put you behind on the cards. yeah, you'll finish fights, but you'll be losing them and fighting uphill.
                    I agree with your components, but I would consider adding endurance to that list (even though it can be trained to a certain degree). Some people are just natural freaks in that area, just like in speed and power. There are kids in high school running sub 5:00 for 1600m with no running training, which is extremely impressive and shows a lot of talent. Most guys can't even run a sub 7:00 minute mile with no training (and I'm talking regular fit guys, not super obese ones). For example, German Fernandez ran 4:22 for 1600m as a ****ing freshman in high school. That's god damn talent right there.

Comment

Working...
                    X