Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is their any possible fight that can break May vs Pac 4.6 million PPV sales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People said Oscar vs Floyd was boxing’s last hurrah and boxing was dead and that record would never be broken.

However I remember in the lead up to Mayweather vs PAC and thinking how special it was. You had two P4P fighters going at it. Two fighters who were global icons. And two fighters at the same weight. I remember thinking I may never see another fight of this magnitude in my lifetime (I’m 31 now). I’m sure it’ll be broken, but the question is how long will we have to wait.

Comment

NO..... Because Mayweather's and Pac's performance was so pitiful that it turned a lot of fans of from the sport altogether.

Comment

Conor vs Paulie

Comment

I doubt it will ever be broken in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            They only boxing superstar is Canelo. And there is nobody in a collision course against him
            And Canelo is frankly no where near PAC or Floyd. You need the general public to buy in. They did with Floyd and PAC. I don’t think Canelo is anywhere close.

And there is no one even close to Canelo in the States right now.

Also boxing in the States has taken hits. I was at a bar this weekend and there is just a lot more momentum in UFC. I think it is more likely that UFC will continue to supplant boxing as the number one contact sport in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
              Conor vs Paulie
              If it did which of course it won’t that may be boxing but UFC star would clearly be the headliner.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                Joshua-Wilder 3 if it was 1-1 and the first 2 fights were extremely entertaining. Otherwise no one will sniff half of what May-Pac did.
                ^^^pretty much this

Comment

Gsp vs Floyd will break it lol

Comment

I don't think any of those fights would even come close to beating it and no fight that could be made today could tie or beat it. Today's Mayweather would never consider fighting today's Canelo no matter how easily he beat the 152 pound 23 year old Canelo 5 years ago. I doubt 147 pound ace Spence would fight Canelo either.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                      And Canelo is frankly no where near PAC or Floyd. You need the general public to buy in. They did with Floyd and PAC. I don’t think Canelo is anywhere close.

And there is no one even close to Canelo in the States right now.

Also boxing in the States has taken hits. I was at a bar this weekend and there is just a lot more momentum in UFC. I think it is more likely that UFC will continue to supplant boxing as the number one contact sport in the States.
                      The UFC is not doing as well as earlier and Dana White is trying very hard to break into boxing. The best boxers make a lot more money than the best UFC guys and I don't think that will change.

Comment

Working...
                      X