Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder says he can make $100 million in the Fury Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500k PPV buys at $70/$80 on SHOPPV, 500k buys on BT Sport Box Office, $5m as the net from the gate, $10m from the rest of the international TV, $5m in miscellaneous (event sponsors, merch, etc).

I don't know any of the actual shares/pieces, but getting to the point where the two camps are splitting $40m-$45m isn't too difficult, and getting to $55m-$60m isn't impossible.

Getting beyond $60m is real tough to see, $100m even more so, nevermind getting things to where Wilder, himself, gets $100m.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      500k PPV buys at $70/$80 on SHOPPV, 500k buys on BT Sport Box Office, $5m as the net from the gate, $10m from the rest of the international TV, $5m in miscellaneous (event sponsors, merch, etc).

I don't know any of the actual shares/pieces, but getting to the point where the two camps are splitting $40m-$45m isn't too difficult, and getting to $55m-$60m isn't impossible.

Getting beyond $60m is real tough to see, $100m even more so, nevermind getting things to where Wilder, himself, gets $100m.
      Wtf? This is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
        Deontay Wilder told TMZ that he could make as much as $100 million in December when he fights Fury.

On the surface, it seems like he is full of sh/t, but lets review the basic projections.

At this rate, the fight is going to sell, but for the basis of the projected principle, we will first focus on domestic PPV buys, PPV Buys in the UK generate substantially less money because the networks and carriers charge almost 60% less than they do in the states.

Wilder/Fury is on pace for 600,000 buys roughly, and that number could sky rocket during the final promotion push for the fight, its the biggest HW fight America has seen since Tyson/Lewis, and it's in Los Angeles, which has not seen a fight like this since Oscar/Shane 1, that is going to drive the live gate with the star power

Then you have the sponsors, who are going to throw down for a high profile HW title fight at the staples center.

If Showtime charges fight fans $70 bucks, and the fight cracks a 700,000 buys, and the world wide distribution rights hit about $40 million the fight itself could generate $100 million easily.

If you factor in the UK money, which is most likely in Fury's favor, the fee the satellite companies take, Wilder is looking at a $40 million dollar payday at a minimum, which is scores beyond what Hearn and AJ were offering.

If the fight cracks a million buys, which is possible, Wilder is looking at $60 million dollar payday conservatively.

If he wins, and the fight defies expectations commercially, it will be impossible to argue that AJ should get a commanding share of the revenue, esp if Wilder made more money than AJ in his last fight.
        Dude are you fuking stupid or what. Not even in your dreams will Wilder come close to making 100 million. Now if you said around 20-25 million then I’d say he has a decent shot at that. But 100 million you are just plain to stupid to know what has to be done to get to that point.

****, Tyson-Lewis didn’t even make that in their super mega fight. But you somehow think a fight with Fury could bring Wilder 100 million.

You newby youngster boxing fans don’t know shhht.

Comment

They'd have to sell well over 1m ppv buys for that to happen. If this fight does 500k it's a ridiculous success.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
            Where has that projection originated?
            Out of clubbers anus by the sound of it....absolute bollocks estimate and has no credibilty what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              They'd have to sell well over 1m ppv buys for that to happen. If this fight does 500k it's a ridiculous success.
              i dont think u know what ridiculous means

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post

BT is nowhere near the level of a sky sports fanbase and fury is not a big draw over here.
                You do know in the klitchcko rematch they had to cancel the fight at the MEN arena because its old less than half the tickets.
                Fury is just not popular

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Even at a 1 million ppv buys, wilder will barely get around 20 million depending on the splits.

Comment

I seriously hope he isn't being fed this bs by anyone on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Wilder vs Ortiz could have been a PPV, but hard to hype/promote a fight where only one guy knows English unless it’s a grudge match
                      Ain't that the mfing truth. I can't believe Oscar ain't got Canelo speaking English yet. If he was doing more English speaking media, interacting with famous American people more & showing up on Conan O'Brien or whoevers show the week of the fight he'd be huger than he already is.

I don't get it. Money you don't pick up that was there to be picked up is still money you are throwing away as I see it. I think Joshua has the potential to pass him if he comes to the US because he's doing this basic sh^t that appeals to the masses more.

Comment

Working...
                      X