Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't get why it's so hard for GGG fans to admit canelo won.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    You guys are getting worse! You guys are like, "Yea Canelo Knocked him out but it didn't count doe."
    I've never seen anything like it. It's crazy.

Lil g fan:
    "This is probably the best canelo I've seen. He's in his prime and only getting better. canelo was able to stand his ground pretty well. Ya canelo did land more power shots. And yea the body shots looked devastating but ggg was able to take them. I give canelo props for fighting mexican style but ggg was able to adjust and fight off the back foot. GGG looked like he aged a little bit but of course it was because canelo prolonged the fight until he was 36. GGGs hunch back of notre Dame post fight face does not tell the story of the fight. Ggg swells easy. And i will agree canelo's face looked better post fight but with that being said I had GGG winning 9-3. He jabbed beautifully. "
    Last edited by lizard_man; 10-08-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Canelo fan: "canelo fought mexican style just like ggg asked him to. What happened? Why did ggg fight backing up"

Ggg fan: "GGGs BACK NEVER TOUCHED THE ROPES DOE"

canelo fan: "ok so why didn't ggg come forward and fight mexican style? Wasn't it supposed to be an easy ko? Why did he turn into paulie malignaggi style? "

Ggg fans: "GGGs BACK NEVER TOUCHED THE ROPES DOE. HE ADJUSTED AND SHOWED HE CAN BOX BEAUTIFULLY DOE! "

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        GGG has no one to blame but himself in the 2 biggest fights of his life he missed a historic 1100 punches and landed ONLY 14 body shots. Just think about those numbers for a minute and show me anybody who won big fights with these type of stats? He went in as the killer and so called best body puncher in the game. After getting whooped the first fight and missing 500 punches and landing just 8 body shots while being OUTLANDED in power shots by canelo he screamed to the public the reason for this because Canelo ran. Then begged and begged for Canelo to fight him Mexican Style. Canelo did and not only did he tap out and run from a Mexican Style fight he ended up MISSING more punches (this time over 600), landing fewer body punches (this time 6), again canelo outlanded him in power shots by a wider margin, again he had a lower connect rate then Canelo and his face was rearranged. There is no Canelo was running excuse they can use for why GGG was missing badly and scared to go to the body. Canelo is just the better fighter and can actually land his total array of punches on the back foot or the front foot. 2 fights now and GGG can't land NOTHING but jabs and was exposed as he went from Mr Mexican Style to Mr Nothing But Scared Jab Style. When he's old and gray he will have nightmares and it won't be because of judges it will be because 1100 missed punches and just 14 body punches and hearing his own trainer in the first fight yelling go to the body and he ignored him and in the second fight yelling stop backing up and he ignored him.
        He threw nothing but jabs right? Well guess what? Jabs add up. Your buddy aboutfkntime said in the amatures they used to count power punches equal to two jabs.
        So I went and did it.
        Golovkin won rounds 2 3 4 5 8 10
        Canelo won rounds 6 7 9 11 12
        Round 1 was even.
        6-5 Golovkin 1 even
        That's not even counting that he hit Canelo to the head more than Canelo hit him.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          He threw nothing but jabs right? Well guess what? Jabs add up. Your buddy aboutfkntime said in the amatures they used to count power punches equal to two jabs.
          So I went and did it.
          Golovkin won rounds 2 3 4 5 8 10
          Canelo won rounds 6 7 9 11 12
          Round 1 was even.
          6-5 Golovkin 1 even
          That's not even counting that he hit Canelo to the head more than Canelo hit him.

"It was just as close as it looked watching the fight: many of the rounds were edged by just one or two punches. And once you add in the extra weight of power punches over jabs, you can see why Alvarez has a legitimate claim to victory in the fight."

it is horribly funny that you insist you understand boxing..... but had no idea that jabs are not official scoring criteria and judges will favor who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight

keep trying Tony Baloney

Comment

Golovkin did that thing.....

what is it called again..... ?

small word

can't remember now

it just escapes me

right on the tip of my tongue

what did Golovkin do again..... ?

oh, that's right..... HE LOST !!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              Golovkin did that thing.....

what is it called again..... ?

small word

can't remember now

it just escapes me

right on the tip of my tongue

what did Golovkin do again..... ?

oh, that's right..... HE LOST !!

Wrong again. Lost has four letters won has letters. The word you were searching for was Golovkin won.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                Wrong again. Lost has four letters won has letters. The word you were searching for was Golovkin won.
                Not according to his own trainer

Abel Sanchez telling GGG that he's losing to Canelo

Comment

Im not a fan of either but Watching it live I thought Canelo edged it.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                    Canelo fan: "canelo fought mexican style just like ggg asked him to. What happened? Why did ggg fight backing up"

Ggg fan: "GGGs BACK NEVER TOUCHED THE ROPES DOE"

canelo fan: "ok so why didn't ggg come forward and fight mexican style? Wasn't it supposed to be an easy ko? Why did he turn into paulie malignaggi style? "

Ggg fans: "GGGs BACK NEVER TOUCHED THE ROPES DOE. HE ADJUSTED AND SHOWED HE CAN BOX BEAUTIFULLY DOE! "
                    Actually there were way more comments coming from Canelo that he was going to KO Golovkin. The 8 year younger wonder kid couldn't KO according to you an old slow has been who has only beaten cans and who can't box. Pathetic.....Golovkin's back didn't touch the ropes by the way but Canelo's did. For the second fight in a row Canelo couldn't neutralize Golovkin's jab. I'm sure they worked on that in the gym.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      "It was just as close as it looked watching the fight: many of the rounds were edged by just one or two punches. And once you add in the extra weight of power punches over jabs, you can see why Alvarez has a legitimate claim to victory in the fight."

it is horribly funny that you insist you understand boxing..... but had no idea that jabs are not official scoring criteria and judges will favor who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight

keep trying Tony Baloney

Jabs are punches, punches count. As long as the jab lands cleanly it is a scoring blow. Counting two points for a power punch vs 1 point for a jab is extremely generous for the power puncher. Golovkin still ended up on the plus side of the ledger. Factor in that Golovkin is known for throwing hard jabs. There is no question Golovkin landed more punches to Canelo's head than vice versa. Power punches are any punch that isn't a jab. They could be extremely weak but they are still called power punches. Not all of Canelos power punches were hard punches. He was clearly pushing his punches in the later rounds. You talk a good game but your clueless on how to score a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X