No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Not Happy With WBC's Decision on Canelo's Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    The only reason he wanted Canelo so much is the huge pay days that come along with it. He gave up a titl and his "dream" of all the belts so he didn't have to take a risk against Derevyanchenko and possibly lose another huge payday against Canelo. He all about the money.
    It's a matter of opinion why he refused to fight Derevyachenko. My opinion is that he didnt want to risk an injury, which would cancel a fight with Canelo in May. It was a smart move by GGG. And yes, as a prize fighter who risks his health and life he wants a massive payday. Wouldn't you? If he wanted just to enjoy pure sport, he would have stayed an amateur. I'm sure you are above money, Prince of Zamunda.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
      It's a matter of opinion why he refused to fight Derevyachenko. My opinion is that he didnt want to risk an injury, which would cancel a fight with Canelo in May. It was a smart move by GGG. And yes, as a prize fighter who risks his health and life he wants a massive payday. Wouldn't you? If he wanted just to enjoy pure sport, he would have stayed an amateur. I'm sure you are above money, Prince of Zamunda.
      Fighters can get injured in any fight. Most big cuts aren't made by punches. He ducked the fight and gave up his "dream" because Derevyanchenko was too much of a risk. Again take off the Golovkin glasses.

Comment

But some of Golovkins defences are with the WBA regular.
        If there is no WBA super, the regular counts but if there is which in this case is callum smith then the regular means ****. I didn't count golovkin's wba regular defenses only his wba super when he was upgraded. Simple as that.

Comment

Making the loser fight the #1 contender for another shot at the title isn't unfair to Golovkin. If anything it's unfair to Charlo. Try and look at it without your Golovkin glasses on.
          It is unfair to Charlo, he was in line. Couldn't WBC order December fight to be Canelo vs Charlo? They do the same BS as they did with Whyte and this second mandatory nonsense. The second fight was equally controversial and GGG stayed very high up in all the P4P ratings he was in before the 2nd fight with Canelo. So yeah, WBC could also order a fight with GGG if they really wanted it given that Charlo apparently is willing to take a step aside money. But doing that would be a violation of DLH's instructions to wait another couple of years since they fight was so close and GGG isnt entirely over the hill yet.

Comment

@ GGG @ LIONS ONLY

GGG vs. CHARLO winner get's CANELO

= "BIG DRAMA SHOW" "BIG GIFT TO FANS" "LION VS. LION"

CANELO-"Did they sign yet?" "Do these guys really want to fight me?" "Ahhh man , send Golovkin another contract, he smeared the ink up with his tears!"

Comment

Fighters can get injured in any fight. Most big cuts aren't made by punches. He ducked the fight and gave up his "dream" because Derevyanchenko was too much of a risk. Again take off the Golovkin glasses.
              True, they can also fall of a toilet and break a leg. It's about likelihood and chances. I don't know what glasses you are wearing, but they make you a shltty judge of character if you honestly believe GGG was afraid of Derevyachenko. Or you are just a hater, which makes any discussion with you pointless. No matter whose glasses you are wearing, still blind as a bat.

Comment

It is unfair to Charlo, he was in line. Couldn't WBC order December fight to be Canelo vs Charlo? They do the same BS as they did with Whyte and this second mandatory nonsense. The second fight was equally controversial and GGG stayed very high up in all the P4P ratings he was in before the 2nd fight with Canelo. So yeah, WBC could also order a fight with GGG if they really wanted it given that Charlo apparently is willing to take a step aside money. But doing that would be a violation of DLH's instructions to wait another couple of years since they fight was so close and GGG isnt entirely over the hill yet.
                I'm sure if the deal is good enough for Canelo he'll take a 3rd Golovkin fight in May with or without the WBC's permission. Canelo doesn't need titles.

Comment

WAR Gennady!!!

Comment

I'm sure if the deal is good enough for Canelo he'll take a 3rd Golovkin fight in May with or without the WBC's permission. Canelo doesn't need titles.
                    )))))))))))

Good one. He doesn't need money either. Or Byrd-like judges.

The deal will always be good enough for Canelo given his drawing power. The deal for GGG on the other hand....vengeful and petty DLH will squeeze the bejesus out of GGG this time since GGG has so much less leverage now.

Comment

)))))))))))

Good one. He doesn't need money either. Or Byrd-like judges.

The deal will always be good enough for Canelo given his drawing power. The deal for GGG on the other hand....vengeful and petty DLH will squeeze the bejesus out of GGG this time since GGG has so much less leverage now.
                      That's business. Golovkin can make an offer that would be too good to turn down or earn his way to shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X