Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
    "I will fight anyone between 154-168."
    -Gennady Golovkin 2012-2017
    Too bad Cotto wasn't as willing to fight GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
      Too bad Cotto wasn't as willing to fight GGG.
      Well, what would you do? Fight a much taller, bigger, less battle worn fighter in GGG for peanuts, or fight the face of boxing for your biggest fight purse ever??

Why is it that for Golovkin fanatics, its okay for him to duck/avoid certain fighters (Derevyanchenko, Saunders, Ward) because it doesn't make business sense but if other fighters do it you guys crucify them?

Sometimes I wonder what the avg. Golovkin fanatics age is. Surely you guys are between 13-18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
        Well, what would you do? Fight a much taller, bigger, less battle worn fighter in GGG for peanuts, or fight the face of boxing for your biggest fight purse ever??

Why is it that for Golovkin fanatics, its okay for him to duck/avoid certain fighters (Derevyanchenko, Saunders, Ward) because it doesn't make business sense but if other fighters do it you guys crucify them?

Sometimes I wonder what the avg. Golovkin fanatics age is. Surely you guys are between 13-18.
        Sometimes I wonder what the average age of GGG haters are since they seem unable to follow a conversation.

You jumped into the middle of a conversation and made judgements that are completely off base. The question isn't whether or not Cotto should have fought GGG. I don't think he should have. GGG was a horrible matchup for Cotto. Golovkin is bigger, stronger, has a longer reach. Unlike Antonio Margarito Golovkin isn't some some wild swinging thug. He actually has pretty good boxing ability. Cotto became a much better defensive boxer over the latter portion of his career but he didn't have the foot speed to keep away from GGG or the power to threaten him. He fights GGG and he gets beaten down steadily.

The question we were debating was whether or not GGG ducked Cotto. The arsehole I was arguing with said he did. Smart people know that Cotto never gave him the opportunity. GGG was just not worth the risk for someone like Cotto.

GGG did not avoid Ward. You can't avoid someone who hadn't even fought in the weight class above you since 2013. All discussions between the two sides were mutual pissing in the wind. Ward had plenty of options at 168(the Dirrell brothers, James DeGeale, Badou Jack, Lucien Bute) to keep himself busy while continuing to work for a GGG fight. He chose to move up instead. If he could make 168 I give him credit for not waiting for GGG and moving on to the next most meaningful fight. Its not the path I would have taken if I were him but I appreciate him betting on himself and not letting himself get treated like the B-side. I give him credit for challenging Kovalev and beating him. After seeing him beat Kovalev I agree that GGG wouldn't have beaten him. But since Ward never showed he could make 168 it was all just pissing in the wind. GGG did not avoid Saunders. They had both agreed to fight each other this past August if the negotiations for the Canelo rematch fell through. Before that Saunders was avoiding GGG like the plague. He out and out said he did not want to fight him and in this video he was trash talking Chris Eubanks Jr and said GGG would destroy him and Eubanks Jr on the same night.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJuw...nCOltBlDDW3VWA

Sergei Derevyanchenko wasn't a realistic option. HBO only budgeted a million dollars for the fight and Sergei Derevyanchenko turned down 250k for Demetrious Andrade because he wanted the 400k HBO originally offered him.

https://www.boxingscene.com/promoter...ant-it--126698
        The overall package HBO first offered for Andrade-Derevyanchenko was $800,000, which would’ve been split equally among the two teams had they fought December 16 in Laval, Quebec, as part of the Billy Joe Saunders-David Lemieux undercard. HBO’s second offer was for a total of $500,000, which means each side would’ve had to take $150,000 less for a fight that would’ve been placed on an unspecified undercard.

“So then Peter comes back says, ‘You want the fight? There’s only $500,000 in the fight,’ ” Pelullo said, referring to the second offer for the first quarter of 2018. “I said, ‘No problem. We’ll take the fight.’ Lou couldn’t deliver [Derevyanchenko] because Connolly would not take the fight [for less money]. … I called Andrade and he said, ‘Yes, take the fight.’

“Andrade didn’t turn down the fight [the first time] because of the money. Andrade didn’t have the opportunity to be in the gym. And that’s why we turned down the fight. We took the fight the next time around, when we would only get $250,000 for our side. When it came around for $300,000 less [overall], we still took it.”

“So then, three weeks after that, we hear from Peter that there might be a fight with Derevyanchenko. We go back and forth, and Lou, he can’t deliver Derevyanchenko. Lou was fighting with the manager over control of the fighter and who could talk to HBO.”

“That’s got nothing to do with why the fight didn’t happen,” DiBella said regarding any acrimony among Derevyanchenko’s handlers. I called Peter Nelson to tell him we were in [for December 16] within the deadline we were given to work everything out. I got a text back that said Andrade was available. Then, five minutes later, Artie called me and told me that Andrade wasn’t available. That was for December. That’s what happened then. The money for them to fight in December was fine.

And then the offer was reduced by three-eighths this year, and it was never offered for a particular date. It was like, ‘Well, if we’re gonna do the fight, this is what we have in the pot.’ We were never told, ‘Here’s the time, date and place.’ It’s also very difficult when you’ve made a deal with a fighter at a certain number, to reduce that total pot by three-eighths and think that it’s gonna be easy to close the deal.
        As the mandatory challenger, Sergei D. had no reason to settle for chump change. He was going to get his shot regardless. If GGG's side didn't bring enough money to the table he could have pushed for a purse bid which would have guaranteed him a hell of a lot more money. And GGG haters expect me to believe that Sergei Derevyanchenko was willing to take less money than he demanded against Demetrious Andrade for a much bigger and more meaningful fight when he could have pushed for a purse bid, gotten more money and still get his shot.
        Last edited by yankees7448; 11-22-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

insert DUMB excuse here

this is how shltty Golovkin is.....

FACT: Sergio Mora has a better win than Golovkin
          FACT: Broner has a better legacy than Golovkin loooool

Comment

Sometimes I wonder what the average age of GGG haters are since they seem unable to follow a conversation.

You jumped into the middle of a conversation and made judgements that are completely off base. The question isn't whether or not Cotto should have fought GGG. I don't think he should have. GGG was a horrible matchup for Cotto. Golovkin is bigger, stronger, has a longer reach. Unlike Antonio Margarito Golovkin isn't some some wild swinging thug. He actually has pretty good boxing ability. Cotto became a much better defensive boxer over the latter portion of his career but he didn't have the foot speed to keep away from GGG or the power to threaten him. He fights GGG and he gets beaten down steadily.

The question we were debating was whether or not GGG ducked Cotto. The arsehole I was arguing with said he did. Smart people know that Cotto never gave him the opportunity. GGG was just not worth the risk for someone like Cotto.

GGG did not avoid Ward. You can't avoid someone who hadn't even fought in the weight class above you since 2013. All discussions between the two sides were mutual pissing in the wind. Ward had plenty of options at 168(the Dirrell brothers, James DeGeale, Badou Jack, Lucien Bute) to keep himself busy while continuing to work for a GGG fight. He chose to move up instead. If he could make 168 I give him credit for not waiting for GGG and moving on to the next most meaningful fight. Its not the path I would have taken if I were him but I appreciate him betting on himself and not letting himself get treated like the B-side. I give him credit for challenging Kovalev and beating him. After seeing him beat Kovalev I agree that GGG wouldn't have beaten him. But since Ward never showed he could make 168 it was all just pissing in the wind. GGG did not avoid Saunders. They had both agreed to fight each other this past August if the negotiations for the Canelo rematch fell through. Before that Saunders was avoiding GGG like the plague. He out and out said he did not want to fight him and in this video he was trash talking Chris Eubanks Jr and said GGG would destroy him and Eubanks Jr on the same night.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJuw...nCOltBlDDW3VWA

Sergei Derevyanchenko wasn't a realistic option. HBO only budgeted a million dollars for the fight and Sergei Derevyanchenko turned down 250k for Demetrious Andrade because he wanted the 400k HBO originally offered him.

https://www.boxingscene.com/promoter...ant-it--126698

As the mandatory challenger, Sergei D. had no reason to settle for chump change. He was going to get his shot regardless. If GGG's side didn't bring enough money to the table he could have pushed for a purse bid which would have guaranteed him a hell of a lot more money. And GGG haters expect me to believe that Sergei Derevyanchenko was willing to take less money than he demanded against Demetrious Andrade for a much bigger and more meaningful fight when he could have pushed for a purse bid, gotten more money and still get his shot.

fcuk you write some bullshlt LMAO..... it just pours out your pie-hole

Golovkin's legacy, in 20 years.....

boxing fan 1: hey, remember that Borat guy, the middleweight

boxing fan 2: who ?

boxing fan 1: you know, that guy..... Golovkin

boxing fan 2: nope

boxing fan 1: you know, the foreign guy everyone made fun of

boxing fan 2: nope, who'd he beat ?

boxing fan 1: ummm, not sure..... nobody really

boxing fan 2: nope, don't remember him

boxing fan 1: hey, remember that guy Broner...... he was a good fighter, funny too

boxing fan 2: yea, I remember him..... funny dude, good fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              [blah blah blah

FACT Cotto became a cherry picking b!tch after he lost to Trout. In the 5 years afterwards he fought Canelo, a Spanish speaking punching bag in Devin Rodriguez, a japanese speaking punching bag in Yosahiro Kamagai, a man who depended upon movement but was coming off of 2 major knee surgeries in Sergio Martinez, a guy GGG knocked out in 3 rounds in Daniel Geale and a midget who beat him in Sadam Ali. Like Sergio Mora you're giving him credit for what he did years ago rather than focus on the dishwasher safe list of opponents he fought over the last 5 years of his career.

FACT: Cotto pulled the "who has he fought card repeatedly when asked about GGG.

FACT Cotto paid GGG off so that he could fight Canelo instead.

FACT Cotto ran like the wind to a lower weight class the second he had the chance.

FACT You a shlt-stain troll for choosing to ignore these facts.

Swerving GGG was the smartest thing Cotto could have done. GGG would have done to Cotto what Hurricane Maria did to OUR island. One punch and lights out for months.

Comment

FACT Cotto became a cherry picking b!tch after he lost to Trout. In the 5 years afterwards he fought Canelo, a Spanish speaking punching bag in Devin Rodriguez, a japanese speaking punching bag in Yosahiro Kamagai, a man who depended upon movement but was coming off of 2 major knee surgeries in Sergio Martinez, a guy GGG knocked out in 3 rounds in Daniel Geale and a midget who beat him in Sadam Ali. Like Sergio Mora you're giving him credit for what he did years ago rather than focus on the dishwasher safe list of opponents he fought over the last 5 years of his career.

FACT Cotto ran like the wind to a lower weight class the second he had the chance.

Swerving GGG was the smartest thing Cotto could have done. GGG would have done to Cotto what Hurricane Maria did to OUR island. One punch and lights out for months.

this is how shltty Golovkin is.....

FACT: Sergio Mora has a better win than Golovkin
                FACT: Broner has a better legacy than Golovkin loooool

Comment

[blah blah blah

Comment

boxing fan 1: hey, remember that guy Broner...... he was a good fighter, funny too

Comment

Come on time you are just repeating yourself put some effort into it
                      You are letting me down bro

Comment

Working...
                      X