No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Not Happy With WBC's Decision on Canelo's Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icha View Post
    acording to the wbc and canelo him self "he is representing the wbc in this fight"...

The tweet doesn't actually tell us whether it counts as Canelos voluntary defense though. The original WBC statement about the Charlo / GGG mando situation said that Canelo would be allowed to make one voluntary defense of the WBC MW title. It didn't say anything about fights that didn't involve defending that title (such as fighting for the wba AT 168).

Comment

• Ggg won't fight anyone of worth because he needs to heal his face. Canelo fighting 3 months after ggg. I bet ggg fights bjs if bjs wins and passes on Andrade if he wins. Ggg won't fight Jacobs again since he will be exposed again and Jacobs too big. They already said they won't fight charlo. My money ggg sits at least a year waiting for Canelo 3. Look at kov who was hyped to be a killer (he literally killed someone in the ring) and after ward, got ko by Alvarez. Ggg won't take those risks since he never took any his career. Ggg will be the same path as chocolito (HBO/espn/all those media you guys quote so much had as 1 p4p over ward) and kov(wasnt he number 2 or 3) if he fights anyone with skills now. See a pattern?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        Jermall vs golovkin!!!!
        Of course, the WBC is fair, impartial and above nationalism if it makes Sulaiman and the WBC loads of money. Otherwise, they are like all the other folks in boxing -- unfair partisans who put their thumb on the scale for their own tribe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          The tweet doesn't actually tell us whether it counts as Canelos voluntary defense though. The original WBC statement about the Charlo / GGG mando situation said that Canelo would be allowed to make one voluntary defense of the WBC MW title. It didn't say anything about fights that didn't involve defending that title (such as fighting for the wba AT 168).
          canelo says he is representing the wbc... why would he need to say that ??
          doesnt mention the other titles he has, and is making it very clear that he is fighting in behalf of wbc despite being a wba title at stake... does he need to do that? he has clear intentions of fulfilling the wbc requests, so no need to start with imaginary situations...

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            He should follow Canelo's lead and fight somebody at 168.
            Have you ever watched the guy he's going to fight? It's a joke fight

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
              canelo says he is representing the wbc... why would he need to say that ??
              doesnt mention the other titles he has, and is making it very clear that he is fighting in behalf of wbc despite being a wba title at stake... does he need to do that? he has clear intentions of fulfilling the wbc requests, so no need to start with imaginary situations...
              Imaginary situations? What are you talking about ? I'm not sniping at Canelo or anything, just trying to get some clarity. I mean, saying you're repping the WBC is not specifically saying 'this fight is instead of my voluntary MW defense' is it? Whichever way you cut it. You've chosen to interpret it that way but that certainly ain't what is said, so unless you got some actual solid info I'm grateful for your input, but I already read what Suleiman and Canelo had to say. I'm just trying to figure what it actually means.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Imaginary situations? What are you talking about ? I'm not sniping at Canelo or anything, just trying to get some clarity. I mean, saying you're repping the WBC is not specifically saying 'this fight is instead of my voluntary MW defense' is it? Whichever way you cut it. You've chosen to interpret it that way but that certainly ain't what is said, so unless you got some actual solid info I'm grateful for your input, but I already read what Suleiman and Canelo had to say. I'm just trying to figure what it actually means.
                Sulaimán should come out and say definitely what Canel's status is in light of this development. This isn't a voluntary defense of his title.

Comment

• Canelo challenging at 168 after a year and a half at 160, when has GGG done that? Seems my opinion is factual and you need to get off the GGG flesh pipe.

Comment

• WBC has always been "the" belt of merit by all fighters and more so with.Mexican fighters do to lineage of former Champions. Stop your *****ism on our boxing blog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Neither fighter can hurt each other. This is just like LSC-Frampton. No need for a 3rd fight. The fight will always be the same. It aint like Manny-Marquez who could fight ten times and it'll still be exciting
                      Thats asinine. Marquez couldn't hurt Paquiao until he put him to sleep sleep.

Its boxing, both guys can ****. It just takes one shot you dont see coming, and either of them could be asleep.

Even the legendary chin known as Antonio Margarito had his chin cracked.

They have also been good fights as a boxing fan. They are not decided. Just like the JMM vs Pacman fights.

Yes the consensus is GGG won twice, and didn't get the decision.

The fights are entertaining, and there is the possibility for an explosive knockout from either man.

Both fights played out differently as they are evenly enough matched that they are relying on strategic difference to try and win.

Thats what makes me love boxing, watching fighter adapt, show off difference facets of their skill set when confronted with something new.

Why wouldn't anyone want to see it again, unless they are sour about the scoring, or are worried that their guy will lose decisively the next time out.

For all the Hyperbole that floats around this form. Their last fight was the best PPV fight was have had in years. It lived up to the hype. It was a great action fight. Great tactical fight. It was the sweet science.

Comment

Working...
                      X