• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
    ok fine 65 -35 my point still makes the best business sense
    Not really.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      No. You don't. It's just something Hearn claims. You have no idea what AJ is actually filing and you have no idea what he's actually making.

Could AJ be making 20 million? Looking at the numbers, I think it's likely he is, but it's also likely Wilder is making 4-5 million. The problem is you're looking at Wilder's bogus deflated filed number and comparing it to Hearn's unverified claimed number, which is likely inflated. To only use the filed # of one fighter shows you're not discussing in good faith.
      Why is it inflated? We know he does 800k-1.4 million PPVs at 25USD - That's not just Eddie saying it the numbers are public now. That's USD20-35m of revenue. Then we add the 10 million gate, the 2-3m international TV revenue and sponsorships, let's say 500k. That's nearly 50million (best case).

Since AJ owns the financials of the show, he has expenses unlike Wilder. There's 20% for Eddie, so we're down to 40million. Then there's let's estimate 2million for the undercard, we're down to 38 million.

Then the opponent generally gets between 20-30%. The rest is for AJ, which is between 25-30 (ish) best case, and 18-25 in worse cases.

Whether Wilder is being paid under the table by Uncle Al is completely irrelevant in a discussion about market worth.

He pulled in 1.2million (peak) viewers for free in his biggest fight yet, that's less than what AJ just sold on PPV in a country 1/6th of the size. His gate didn't even generate Joshua's DAZN money. So whatever someone decides to pay him extra has nothing to do with his market value in a direct battle.

The truth is there's an astronomical difference in drawing power. Probably 10-1 in AJs favour if not more.

We know you're a fanboy and you'll try to come back and say Wilder gets paid more and bla bla bla. He is not a draw, that's a fact. His fight do not generate any income of significance in a market so huge.

AJ however, does generate massive amounts of income which is why Showtime were so desperate to get him and also were so bitter when he signed for DAZN.

They would rather want AJ on Showtime than Wilder, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Why is it inflated?
        Because promoters always exaggerate purses when they know the filed number won't be made public.

We know he does 800k-1.4 million PPVs at 25USD - That's not just Eddie saying it the numbers are public now. That's USD20-35m of revenue.
        Half of which is kept by the PPV provider.

He pulled in 1.2million (peak) viewers for free in his biggest fight yet
        That's a lie. His biggest free fight peaked at over 3 million viewers.

The truth is there's an astronomical difference in drawing power. Probably 10-1 in AJs favour if not more.
        Domestic TV rights for a Wilder fight are likely 5-6 million. Domestic TV rights for an AJ fight, using your own numbers, would be 13-14 million. That's not 10 to 1.

We know you're a fanboy
        I'm not even a fan, let alone a fan boy. I couldn't care less about Wilder or AJ. I wish them both the best. I'd like for them to fight because an undisputed champion attracts new fans to the sport. But I couldn't care less who wins.

If people were lying about AJ, I'd be defending AJ. People are lying about Wilder, so I'm defending Wilder.

His fight do not generate any income of significance in a market so huge.
        His last fight was the 2nd largest crowd in Barclays history and had very very expensive ticket prices. He's the biggest ratings draw on Showtime. Showtime pays an average of $5 million per PBC event and they likely pay well over average for a Wilder fight since his fights attract the largest viewership.

Just because Wilder doesn't generate as much income as AJ doesn't mean you have to lie and say he doesn't generate any income at all. A Wilder fight generates over a million at the gate. Likely $6 million from Showtime. Plus overseas TVs, merchandise, other rights, etc. How many heavyweights are generating 8-10 million every time they fight?

Yes, AJ is king. Good for him. Doesn't mean we have to pretend that others are doing worse than they are. AJ's accomplishments should be able to stand on their own without lying about others.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Not really.
          why not AJ will make more money if the if Wilder ppv dose bad and if dose good he still will make more money because more people will want to see the fight

Comment

Working...
          X