Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay now that all the press sh^t is over who you got...Wilder or Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I'm less concerned about the inactivity than the effects of cocaine and obesity on the heart.
    Haven't there been a lot of boxers who've done coke & done well after. SRL was doing coke within a year of the Hagler fight I know.

The obesity/massive weight loss thing is definitely something I believe puts miles on you & takes awhile longer til your "you" again.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Haven't there been a lot of boxers who've done coke & done well after. SRL was doing coke within a year of the Hagler fight I know.

The obesity/massive weight loss thing is definitely something I believe puts miles on you & takes awhile longer til your "you" again.
      Doing it while active, or at least is shape, isn't a whole hell of a lot worse than some PEDs in my estimation. Doing it while the heart is taxed because of obesity is like taking a tornado and putting sharks in it.

I expect he took some degree of permanent damage to his heart from that.
      Not to mention that both obesity and cocaine cause neutral damage as well and he may now have slower reflexes because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I'm less concerned about the inactivity than the effects of cocaine and obesity on the heart. People can do what he did and go back to having a normal life. But, for a boxer, losing even a few percent of your capacity can be a game changer. It's like wear and tear on an engine. The average guy won't notice it on his drive to work but a race driver certainly would.
        Well yes I agree, when I refer to his inactivity i'm also referring to his poor diet and drug problems. Like you I think this will have had an effect on his body which will ultimately effect him in the ring.

Comment

Too much of this decision rests on the unknowns regarding Fury's state of mind and physical health... right now I'm gonna go with the Wilder mid rounds TKO. I think Fury is capable of baffling him for a few rounds but that sooner or later Wilders greater speed and athleticism is getting allow him to land something big as fatigue sets in for Fury.

After the fight I'll probably be reminding myself why I should stop betting on the puncher though!

Comment

I'm going with a Fury unanimous decision. I think because of the years out and the poor lifestyle inbetween it could cost him a few shaky moments but I think Fury will tangle Wilder up and make it really awkward if Wilder does land anything clean. Fury by messy decision.

Comment

Fury, quite easily too if he's even half of who he was... Szpilka was outboxing Wilder until he got iced, that's hard to forget. I also think Wilder will be underestimating Fury coming into this fight, thinking he's done, so that could work into Fury's favor.

The 3 year lay off, the comeback opponents, and Ben Davison instead of Peter Fury being trainer are definitely causes of concern. But if both were at their best, I think Fury box circles around dude.

I'll be taking Fury, hedged with Wilder by stoppage (The muhfucca got steel rods in his fists)

Comment

Wow, people really believe Fury has a chance here? He's not the same fighter that fought Klitscho, his own team will tell you that. Wilder by annihilation.

Comment

Not gonna bs I'm still super split on this fight cuz I got no clue what version of Fury will show up on fight night. I definitely feel like 2015 Fury boxes circles around Wilder & barely gets touched.

Its 2018 doe. And all that time out of the ring, out of shape & questions about how focused is he realllllllly have me leaning towards we won't be seeing that guy again or not in 2 months anyway. And if there's not enough of that guy left if Wilder touches him in 36 minutes or less he's got a great shot at taking Fury out.

What say you (*in Richard Dwyer voice*) my brothers & sissies?
                  When you really look into Wilder's opponents, the results, performances, and the results/performances of the fighters before and after Wilder beat them, I feel underwhelmed by his body of work, and it's made him look more of a killer than he really is.

Everyone is banking on Fury not being the same, I admit this is a possibility. I think Fury is a relaxed fighter, with a good boxing brain, honed from childhood. He has very good defensive and spatial awareness. These are all things that he is not going to lose.

He is not supernatural with his reflexes, but they are very good for a big man, he's also still young enough that I do think he can get back to where he was.

To the fight: I see a fight where Fury frustrates Wilder similar to Wlad. He outjabs him and makes Wilder fall short with the right hand often. I do think he lands it at some stage, and more than once, depending on how he lands it, will determine the outcome of the fight. If he can't land it the way he wants, I see him getting outboxed and made to look ragged in a snoozefest. I don't think Wilder's counters will work, he'll have to lead off to get that knockout.

I do think Fury will move into Wilder and try to push him back at times to negate his power, probably in the second half of the fight, that can also create opportunities for Wilder.

But make no mistake, if Wilder doesn't land, Fury will make him look awful, he will take the drama out of the fight, expose his flaws like never before and that is probably what I'm expecting to happen. Wilder will pick up some rounds due to Fury's low output and the fight might end up closer on the cards than it actually is.

But the biggest single factor in this fight, in fact his whole career is Fury's confidence, he's deluded himself into thinking he is the greatest heavyweight in history and I think that is his strongest asset, it elevates him.

I think this is going to be a massive own goal from Team Wilder, and if what I think is going to happen...happens then it kills the Joshua fight.

Comment

Fury will box circles around Wilder, with Deontay getting frustrated and throwing more windmills than usual. Comfortable points victory for Fury

Comment

Not gonna bs I'm still super split on this fight cuz I got no clue what version of Fury will show up on fight night. I definitely feel like 2015 Fury boxes circles around Wilder & barely gets touched.

Its 2018 doe. And all that time out of the ring, out of shape & questions about how focused is he realllllllly have me leaning towards we won't be seeing that guy again or not in 2 months anyway. And if there's not enough of that guy left if Wilder touches him in 36 minutes or less he's got a great shot at taking Fury out.

What say you (*in Richard Dwyer voice*) my brothers & sissies?
                      I feel same way. I just chose Fury by md/sd but im not betting because of that 1-2 from Wilder, who is always figuring out ways to land it and has landed it every fight. From the right range and right time its lights out

Comment

Working...
                      X