Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dirrell vs. Yildirim For WBC Title, Benavidez Champ in Recess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    Exactly.

it's debatable whether Eubank is lower world level, so what does that make Yildirim? It's not even like the fight was competitive at any point. Eubank looked several levels above him for every second.
    I put jnr in the same bracket as broner. A world level fighter with lots of appeal and very exciting offensively but will always fail at the highest level. He comprehensively outclassed Yildirim so for that reason alone I’ve no interest in the fight.

Comment

WTF, How is Yildirim getting a shot? He got battered by Eubank, who actually turned out to be ****e himself. Seems like the WBC want Dirrell to be their champion

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
        WTF, How is Yildirim getting a shot? He got battered by Eubank, who actually turned out to be ****e himself. Seems like the WBC want Dirrell to be their champion
        Dirrell is like Arreola. They randomly get WBC title shots even if they've barely done a thing in years.

i'm sure he and Arreola have some De La Hoya-esque pictures of Mauricio Sulaiman and are blackmailing him.

Comment

Hopefully benavidez comes back and annihilates the winner of this sham fight for his belt. Which I may add should still be his, ******* is not a ped out of competition.

Comment

Dirrell is like Arreola. They randomly get WBC title shots even if they've barely done a thing in years.

i'm sure he and Arreola have some De La Hoya-esque pictures of Mauricio Sulaiman and are blackmailing him.
            haymon has a lot of influence over the wbc. That’s how. This way Dirrell gets a belt and then can get blown out by Benavidez. PBC can keep it in house this way by not having Dirrell face a real threat they set the rankings up perfectly for this toworkout this way.

Comment

Must be one of the worst vacant title fights since Martin v Glazkov.

Anthony Dirrell has done nothing of note for years since beating fringe contender Bika after drawing with him

Yildirim got folded like a chair by Eubank Jr.
              True.

Callum Smith vs DeGale or even Eubank Jr vs Jesse Hart would've been some worthy fights for the WBC smw title.

Comment

Can’t Callum Smith cash in his Diamond belt for this? Seems more worthy

Comment

Bet Jr is gutted, a bloke he knocked spark out getting a title shot. Terrible fight.

Comment

168 is such a *****ty division

Comment

Exactly.

it's debatable whether Eubank is lower world level, so what does that make Yildirim? It's not even like the fight was competitive at any point. Eubank looked several levels above him for every second.
                      Exactly! That fight had me thinking that Eubank Jr. would be competitive against Groves.

Comment

Working...
                      X