Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We Seeing the End Times For Boxing? (worst take of 2018)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We Seeing the End Times For Boxing? (worst take of 2018)

Rob Parker and Chris Boussard. These two guys think HBO getting out of boxing spells the end for boxing. Hey have no idea what's going on in the sport.

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 10-01-2018, 09:21 PM.

Just the end times for HBO, Top Rank and co.

The takeover is almost complete.

Comment

It would be better if you embedded the YouTube version of the video, the format you posted doesn't suit the site, it's all stretched out.

Comment

There are no American superstars

Comment

Considering the state of the heavyweight division, I don't think so for the time being.

But I think it will sink if the lower weight class talent, if guys like Spence, Crawford, Porter, Thurman and co don't mix it up we may see boxing sink.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hustla View Post
            Considering the state of the heavyweight division, I don't think so for the time being.

But I think it will sink if the lower weight class talent, if guys like Spence, Crawford, Porter, Thurman and co don't mix it up we may see boxing sink.
            This was being discussed in another thread.

I think if people don’t have some concerns at minimum they have their head in the sand. But boxing isn’t going away. It definitely needs to start adapting better.

Comment

Their casual fans at the most. I'm sure they have no idea about the 100's of millions of dollars that ESPN, FOX, Showtime and DAZN are putting into the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                Their casual fans at the most. I'm sure they have no idea about the 100's of millions of dollars that ESPN, FOX, Showtime and DAZN are putting into the sport.
                The sad part is they work at Fox and they don't know

Comment

There's some structural problems in the US but it's thriving in other parts of the world.

Comment

I loved HBO but my God are people being sentimental doom and gloom pissheads about this. Before HBO there was ABC USA NBC...and there'll always be boxing and probably a lot more accessible now it's streaming. Once the geo-locations restrictions go it'll be even more popular than before.

Comment

Working...
                    X