Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo VS Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo would win. Froch is too slow and would be in trouble vs an accurate counter puncher like Canelo. Canelo is good defensively as well and has a great chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
      How is it bs you scumbag?
      Lol I think what you said is bs and you resort to calling me a scumbag. Nice projection.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
        Lol I think what you said is bs and you resort to calling me a scumbag. Nice projection.
        Still haven't pointed out the so called "bs"

definite scumbag.

Comment

Still haven't pointed out the so called "bs"

definite scumbag.
          I’ll just ignore your childish insults and try to discuss boxing here. I don't think you elaborated on why you think Froch is mentally weak. Let me guess, it’s because he didn’t fight GGG right?

Comment

I’ll just ignore your childish insults and try to discuss boxing here. I don't think you elaborated on why you think Froch is mentally weak. Let me guess, it’s because he didn’t fight GGG right?
            He got scared of GGG yes. He even admitted his fear.
            He ducked Adonis because he knew he would get murdered.

He always talks like other fighters need to move up multiple weights because he is a hater.
            And yet he was to scared of light heavyweights to fight them.

Froch didn't mind bullying small, weak, shot middleweights though.

He gave up mentally against Ward and in the first Kessler fight.

His clearly insecure and bitter persona also speak volumes about his mental strength or lack thereof.

Comment

Froch couldnt even beat a 47 year old weight drained Glen Johnson.

The Jamaican guy had like a million losses at that point
              You're right about that but with somebody as limited in skill as Froch the fight was gonna be ugly regardless. Also Glen Johnson is the type of guy who's really hard to gauge because of all the horrible decisions against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                You're right about that but with somebody as limited in skill as Froch the fight was gonna be ugly regardless. Also Glen Johnson is the type of guy who's really hard to gauge because of all the horrible decisions against him.
                The guy was old and past it even before that fight in his own weight class.

He was a shell of a man when Froch robbed him.

Comment

The guy was old and past it even before that fight in his own weight class.

He was a shell of a man when Froch robbed him.
                  Yeah I'd probably change my answer to Canelo UD.

Comment

He got scared of GGG yes. He even admitted his fear.
                    He ducked Adonis because he knew he would get murdered.

He always talks like other fighters need to move up multiple weights because he is a hater.
                    And yet he was to scared of light heavyweights to fight them.

Froch didn't mind bullying small, weak, shot middleweights though.

He gave up mentally against Ward and in the first Kessler fight.

His clearly insecure and bitter persona also speak volumes about his mental strength or lack thereof.
                    Some good points I admit, but I still think mentally weak is an overstatement. Froch was never quick to begin with, and I can’t fault him for not moving up late in his career while past his best. He was also evidently close to retirement by the time the GGG fight made sense. His actions and statements late in his career definitely didn’t scream supreme confidence but the younger Froch that fought Pascal for example IMO didn’t seem mentally weak whatsoever.

Comment

Some good points I admit, but I still think mentally weak is an overstatement. Froch was never quick to begin with, and I can’t fault him for not moving up late in his career while past his best. He was also evidently close to retirement by the time the GGG fight made sense. His actions and statements late in his career definitely didn’t scream supreme confidence but the younger Froch that fought Pascal for example IMO didn’t seem mentally weak whatsoever.
                      So your argument boils down to.
                      "But he showed heart against a green Pascal doe?"

I had Froch losing that fight anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X