Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jerwin Ancajas Barely Retains Title, Fights To Draw With Santiago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the reality is that Ancajas just isn't that good?

I've seen him fight against Teiru Kino****a and he's someone who just fights in spurts. Not saying he's bad or anything, he's obviously explosive, but he's very beatable.

Arum pulled him out of Super Fly for the same reason he pulled Jose Ramirez out of the WBSS and Zurdo away from real opponents (also from WBSS). That's because he he found marketable fighters who are very vulnerable and beatable.

This was Arum's statement after signing Ancajas and pulling him out of Super Fly:

“SuperFly is not what I want to do with Jerwin. I want to build him up on ESPN and then move him to major fights. I first want to see what I’ve got. I’m not anxious to join their series right now. There’ll be plenty of time for that.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Was this a real robbery or only considered that by our Mexican posters?
      Ward and Bradley are mexican?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post

I've seen him fight against Teiru Kino****a and he's someone who just fights in spurts. Not saying he's bad or anything, he's obviously explosive, but he's very beatable.

Arum pulled him out of Super Fly for the same reason he pulled Jose Ramirez out of the WBSS and Zurdo away from real opponents (also from WBSS). That's because he he found marketable fighters who are very vulnerable and beatable.

This was Arum's statement after signing Ancajas and pulling him out of Super Fly:
        He is good. He just had an off night and Santiago is an awkward opponent. Ancajas should be fighting Rungvisai next btw.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          It wasn't, people are overreacting again. The real robbery was that 118-111 scorecard for Santiago. I had it 7-5 Ancajas.
          No robbery at all. It was a close fight. A draw very much acceptable. Robbery is when there is a very clear winner but was not given the decision.
          Ancajas was landing more and controlling most of the minutes of the round. Those jab and straights to the body does score. Barrios usually tries to really fight on the last minute of the round. Barrios usually gets the few wild exhanges in the dying seconds.
          Last edited by Bestlefty; 09-28-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Comment

I havent seen the fight but this score from judge Marshall Walkers score 111-118 for Santiago is su****ious, so he only gave Ancajas two rounds with one even? I'm going to replay this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                I havent seen the fight but this score from judge Marshall Walkers score 111-118 for Santiago is su****ious, so he only gave Ancajas two rounds with one even? I'm going to replay this.
                That judge needs to be investigated. That score was the robbery they should be talking about nit the draw decision.

Comment

This is too harsh. Ancajas has been good demolishing his previous opponents and while he didn't shine against sultan he completely dominated him(take note that sultan was a top 10 115 when ancajas fought him). This is just one time he may have performed badly this time but if he performed badly next time i think its safe to say that he really isn't good.

Comment

Fight fans were expecting much that is why the letdown, but Barrios record is no joke. They were equally competitive.

He needs to correct those flaws and add more combinations. He is not ready for Rungvisai. Ive heard the Trainer actually acknowledge they made some mistake thinking Barrios was way shorter based on record and got a little worried when they found out they werent far in height when they finally met. A slight curve ball from their preparation and strategy.
                    Last edited by Bestlefty; 09-28-2018, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestlefty View Post
                      He needs to correct those flaws and add more combinations. He is not ready for Rungvisai. Ive heard the Trainer actually acknowledge they made some mistake thinking Barrios was way shorter based on record and got a little worried when they found out they werent far in height when they finally met. A slight curve ball from their preparation and strategy.
                      If the ancajas that ***** slap conlan all night showed up in here he may have won. Jerwin is not showing his usual aggresiveness. He's too cautious since the sultan fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X