Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Reacts To HBO's Decision To Leave Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merchant has always had the poetic quotables.

Have Lamps and Max commented yet? I could see another network grabbing Roy but can't imagine Max or Lampley being on anywhere other than HBO.

Comment

" I wish I were 50 years younger I'd kick your ass" -Larry Merchant to Floyd. I'll never forget seeing that exchange live lol.

Jim Gray always sucks with post fight inteviews would have loved to see what he would do in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        It's too bad, really. HBO showed some of the best boxing matches ever televised. Lampley's going to cry like a woman after the Jacobs vs Derevanchenko fight.

i'll probably order hbo for the month just to see that and to thank them one last time for the memories. i have not had an HBO sub for over a year now. the writing was on the wall.

what's scary is that i can't see them making their way back into boxing. this idea that they will keep their eyes out for a megafight seems very impractical. boxing really seems to have passed them by.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          " I wish I were 50 years younger I'd kick your ass" -Larry Merchant to Floyd. I'll never forget seeing that exchange live lol.

Jim Gray always sucks with post fight inteviews would have loved to see what he would do in that situation.

you think jim grey sucks?

Comment

HBO became too comfortable and stopped innovating

If Haymon didn't exist, would HBO still be in the boxing game

Comment

I really am sad that HBO is getting out of boxing. All they needed was to invest in non foreigners as much as foreigners and get new commentary. They were the best for so long until the Eurobum hype job phase came in. They always had a bias commentary with Merchant being the most bias against any fighter that didn't walk face 1st into punches. Lampley should've been fired for his cheerleading at least after his dumbass, "bang, bang, bang, bang." bull****. HBO had the best production for sure. I have so many good memories of HBO boxing. I fell in love with boxing because of HBO as a kid.
              Last edited by Fists_of_Fury; 09-28-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post

That bias bull**** of Merchant is part of the reason HBO lost stars and eventually died. If you ran HBO would you like seeing an old bias scumbag talking **** to the networks biggest star? Jim Gray is a class act and true professional, unlike that old bias bigot Merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  you think jim grey sucks?
                  sucks might have been harsh but I've never really cared for him. He always seems uncomfortable when he's challenged or when things get heated or a fighter gives him attitude. Doesnt always ask the best questions and doesnt let the fighters have fun, he either cuts them off or tries to take the mic away.I remember Maidana pulled out a cookie he damn near smacked it out his hand lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                    I really am sad that HBO is getting out of boxing. All they needed was to invest in non foreigners as much as foreigners and get new commentary. They were the best for so long until the Eurobum hype job phase came in. They always had a bias commentary with Merchant being the most bias against any fighter that didn't walk face 1st into punches. Lampley should've been fired for his cheerleading at least after his dumbass, "bang, bang, bang, bang." bull****. HBO had the best production for sure. I have so many good memories of HBO boxing. I fell in love with boxing because of HBO as a kid.
                    Sometimes, it was an inside job.

Lampley kept spouting propaganda during JMM-manny 3 to persuade people that JMM wasn't being robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                      That bias bull**** of Merchant is part of the reason HBO lost stars and eventually died. If you ran HBO would you like seeing an old bias scumbag talking **** to the networks biggest star? Jim Gray is a class act and true professional, unlike that old bias bigot Merchant.
                      lol calm your **** dude youre too emotionally invested. it was a funny exchange floyd gave him an earfull and larry gave some right back enjoy it for what it was

Comment

Working...
                      X