Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: Errol Spence is My First Option For Next Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
    This will only end way with Garcia on his knees.
    Or his nose on the canvas

Comment

Originally posted by 7not8 View Post
      Sometimes, when a fighter says over and over again what he will do or is going to do it reminds me of believing for one second that he has a chance kind of like in the build up to all the opponents of FMJ fights.

This is not one of those moments.

I'm glad Mikey wants to do big things but there's no scenario I see him coming out of this potential fight with the W.
      That's what they said about Duran when he went up to beat Sugar Ray Leonard! Many people, myself included, thought Floyd was trippin' by going up to 154 for Oscar, but he won! I thought Loma went to 135 too fast for Linares, but he won by TKO! I highly favor Spence, but stranger things have happened!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Great news! I was wondering if Mikey was going to backtrack! For all "The Truth" haters out there, take notes! Mikey beat Broner and Lipinets @ 140! Crawford did his thing at 140, but has only faced Jeff Horn @ 147! Why then, is Spence vs. Crawford OK, but Spence vs. Garcia is not? That's that BS right there!

I do think Crawford is a better fighter than Mikey, by the "eye-test," but Crawford hasn't beaten anybody at 140 or 147 that makes me think he has a better chance to beat Spence than Mikey does! We saw what Prograis did to Indongo! Postol just lost to Josh Taylor in Josh's 12th fight!

Stop hatin' on Errol and Mikey! This should be applauded! LET'S GET IT!
        I like Mikey but I don't think he beats Errol or Bud. Mikey should stay & focus on 135 & 140. There are good fights to be made with fighters like Haney, Tank, Farmer & lomo.

Comment

Great news! I was wondering if Mikey was going to backtrack! For all "The Truth" haters out there, take notes! Mikey beat Broner and Lipinets @ 140! Crawford did his thing at 140, but has only faced Jeff Horn @ 147! Why then, is Spence vs. Crawford OK, but Spence vs. Garcia is not? That's that BS right there!

I do think Crawford is a better fighter than Mikey, by the "eye-test," but Crawford hasn't beaten anybody at 140 or 147 that makes me think he has a better chance to beat Spence than Mikey does! We saw what Prograis did to Indongo! Postol just lost to Josh Taylor in Josh's 12th fight!

Stop hatin' on Errol and Mikey! This should be applauded! LET'S GET IT!
          Bro Mikey is going no where near Errol. They have the same manager. For 2 months he has been saying Errol is the fight to make and its easy as we both want it. What’s happening then? Just giving interviews on your desire to face him like you did with Thurman, Cotto, Pacquiao, Crawford , linares Lomachenko and you fought none of them , just Lipinets

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
            You do know Mikey is a weight bully also right? He walks around 170lbs but fights at 135! Don't throw stones from a glass house!
            You dudes with the weight stuff are stuck on
            He don't weigh that much & if he did he would look out of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
              Garcia's best bet would be to follow thorough with the Commey fight for now, he needs more time to bulk up.
              you do know Mikey walks around at 170lbs right? So you can stop with this time to bulk up nonsense! Mikey is not a natural lightweight!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                I like Mikey but I don't think he beats Errol or Bud. Mikey should stay & focus on 135 & 140. There are good fights to be made with fighters like Haney, Tank, Farmer & lomo.
                I totally agree, and so does his entire family! However, remember that not many people thought Duran could beat Sugar Ray Leonard either!

Remembering Sugar Ray Leonard-Roberto Duran I

On June 20, 1980, Roberto Duran won the WBC welterweight title by defeating Sugar Ray Leonard by unanimous decision in 15 hard-fought rounds.

The fight took place at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal.

TOP THINGS TO KNOW

1. Duran entered the bout 71-1 after a long career at the lightweight division. Duran moved up to the welterweight division after he vacated his WBC and WBA lightweight titles in 1978.

2. Leonard was undefeated at 27-0 and making the second defense of his WBC welterweight belt. It was Leonard’s first return to Montreal since he won Olympic gold in 1976...

http://www.espn.com/blog/boxing/post...oberto-duran-i

Comment

That's what they said about Duran when he went up to beat Sugar Ray Leonard! Many people, myself included, thought Floyd was trippin' by going up to 154 for Oscar, but he won! I thought Loma went to 135 too fast for Linares, but he won by TKO! I highly favor Spence, but stranger things have happened!
                  well, Mikey is sure as hell no Duran and Spence is nothing close to being a Leonard!

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    Bro Mikey is going no where near Errol. They have the same manager. For 2 months he has been saying Errol is the fight to make and its easy as we both want it. What’s happening then? Just giving interviews on your desire to face him like you did with Thurman, Cotto, Pacquiao, Crawford , linares Lomachenko and you fought none of them , just Lipinets
                    Don't forget he fought the big bad p4p king Broner!

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                      why does spents keep calling out lightweights
                      you do know Mikey walks around at 170lbs right? So you can stop with this lightweight nonsense! Mikey is not a natural lightweight! He looses a lot of weight to make 135lbs!

Comment

Working...
                      X